• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Atheism

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
As he was ... so are we in the world. Sons/daughters who have life and live life and struggle and have good days and bad days and who are as everyone else is. We live, we die, we have fun we suffer. So ... Do you have a personal relationship with yourself?

So... let me see if I understand...

Round 1 you partially quoted a verse, which I pointed out, and showed inconsistencies to which you didn't reply to any of my points.

Round 2 You changed the subject and I answered all of your question, but you have no response. I answered your question as to what and why but basically you just ignored all my statements

Now we are in Round 3 and yoBUTu didn't answer any of my points and just made a quote. Why?

BUT, to answer your quote (out of just plain civility)

As he was ... so are we in the world.

Verse? Context? Point?

Sons/daughters who have life and live life and struggle and have good days and bad days and who are as everyone else is.

I can agree... but, as Christians, 1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and thisis the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. thus "but will with the temptation (trial and difficulty) also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

. So ... Do you have a personal relationship with yourself?

The prices of eggs in China is $10 a dozen? :shrug:

Bob the Unbeliever

OK... ask 10 Christian on this forum

1. Did Jesus die on the cross for mankind?
  2. Did He resurrect from the dead?
  3. Is He seated at the right hand of the Father?
  4. Is He coming again?
Ok... 4 questions (very specific) and see if it changes between denominations.

You will get different answers. The way that each is answered will contain significant theological consequences from one Brand to the next.

You left out the most important one: 5. Do you get Hell if you don't love god back?

Bob the Unbeliever

How are people who deny Christ Christian

It seem like simple word appropriation to me

Deny in what way? Be specific. Deny Christ entrance to a Dance Club? (a place he seemed to prefer than the Den Of Thieves the actual church had turned into...)

Deny him Insurance, because he's from Mexico? (oh! that would be Jesus)

Deny him the right to vote?

Deny him a Loan? He did not seem to have a source of income... basically, he was homeless....

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You will get different answers. The way that each is answered will contain significant theological consequences from one Brand to the next.

You left out the most important one: 5. Do you get Hell if you don't love god back?
Ummm... since you are not a Christian... we don't ask you those questions.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Super ego stuff? What it takes to help community thrive stuff? How about the division? Is it ok to divide ourselves from those who's morals differ from our own? I mean instead of trying force my way unto you is it ok to get in where I fit in ... so to speak, and you get in where you fit in too?

The division does not make for civilisation. So we can assume that at least on a local level it was overcome?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I view it like good and evil, light and darkness, hot and cold, etc. It's almost oxymoronic or paradoxical but it really isn't. It just seems to be. I'm officially declaring myself a Christian Atheist, which has yet to be but has also already been clearly defined. Do you believe me, or in Christian Atheism is belief required to be a "Christian Atheist"?

I'd LOVE to discuss this one with whoever might be willing. Should be fun. Here's why? Jesus was said to not be willing that any just perish, that he didn't come to condemn but to give an abundant life, yet so many condemn and demand that we be like them, which I would assume is the reason there are like over 2000 different christian denominations. I haven't registered Christian Atheism as a religion ... yet ... but who knows, I may or someone else may, or some may say NO WAY! But I say yes way because that is in a nut shell "my way".
I'm an atheist. Gnostics are. When you have knowledge, you don't have believe.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Also, ask 10 Christians to be specific about their views separately, even those of same denomination ... I'm talking specifics like I'm doing and you'll find yourself with at least ten different views among them.

Not among JW’s...
1 Corinthians 1:10 fits us to a T.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Christian Atheist - Definition: Someone who honors life and truth. I guess it boils down to that concise definition.

Well, that is certainly what Jesus did!

However, truth was what he spoke, and that includes recognizing as God, the One who sent him, his Father. John 17:3

The Jews’ God (John 20:17), whose name is Yahweh. Isaiah 12:2.
See also John 4:23-24.

Take care.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I view it like good and evil, light and darkness, hot and cold, etc. It's almost oxymoronic or paradoxical but it really isn't. It just seems to be. I'm officially declaring myself a Christian Atheist, which has yet to be but has also already been clearly defined. Do you believe me, or in Christian Atheism is belief required to be a "Christian Atheist"?

I'd LOVE to discuss this one with whoever might be willing. Should be fun. Here's why? Jesus was said to not be willing that any just perish, that he didn't come to condemn but to give an abundant life, yet so many condemn and demand that we be like them, which I would assume is the reason there are like over 2000 different christian denominations. I haven't registered Christian Atheism as a religion ... yet ... but who knows, I may or someone else may, or some may say NO WAY! But I say yes way because that is in a nut shell "my way".
I could easily accept the term "Christian Atheist," if you mean that:

1. You do not believe in God
2. You believe that Jesus lived, but was not divine
3. You believe that Jesus set an example that you would hold up as one to be followed.

Works fine for me.

Bob the Unbeliever

Yes... yes. I'm glad that at the age of 28, I got my brain washed. It had some stinking thinking.

Pity. Seems whoever brainwashed you, tossed out most of your brains with the bathwater.

Oh well. Not that I expected anything different, from someone who thinks sending people who are otherwise good, to Infinite Torture because they do not pay lip-service to "god", but brings into heaven literal serial killers, because they do.

That's pretty immoral, really... but that's christianity in a nutshell.

Bob the Unbeliever

I could easily accept the term "Christian Atheist," if you mean that:

1. You do not believe in God
2. You believe that Jesus lived, but was not divine
3. You believe that Jesus set an example that you would hold up as one to be followed.

Works fine for me.

It also worked quite well enough for Thomas Jefferson-- so much so, he edited the bible to reflect these ideals.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

A belief in God is arguably a fundamental Christian belief. God is the main character throughout the entire Bible whereas Jesus only get a look in through the New Testament. Its up to each of us how we define ourselves. Atheism is a legitimate position in Hinduism and Buddhism. It doesn’t have the same credibility in Christian circles though there would be a surprising minority of those who identify as Christian who don’t believe in God as you do. I understand some churches are quite accepting of this position.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
but then as I stated, some love darkness more than and pretty much hide themselves from that particular light. you know ... the way, the "truth' and the life ... you know ... LIFE what is true and the way for all who exist.
Well... for me, when I read Isa 45:7... it means that darkness is *not* the same as evil.

Earthtank

As soon as you show me a squared circle or a pretty tall short man then, we can talk.