• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Atheism

omega2xx

So you don't role play with your lover?
You don't pretend the president is important?
You do not take communion?
You do not partake in Christmas?
Or Easter?
Or play games of any sort?

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR LIFE!!!??? :eek:

You have a strange understanding or roll playing.

But Minerva is the embodiment of wisdom. Why is it I cannot show honor to wisdom or greatness?

Are you so far out in lala land that you do not know that what is unreal;. has no honor, wisdom or greatness. You need the on the internet and listen to Peter, Paul and Mary sing "Puff the magic dragon."

Why is it I cannot take part in ritual? Why can I not engage in something poetic that expresses myself both physically, verbally and mentally?

You can.

That is a joke right? Please tell me it is a joke.

I hope you realize I could floor you a 100 times by making a statement like this. If you really believe in what you said right here I have an acre of land I can sell you that floats in the clouds, great real-estate.

. . . Food for thought!

Men and boys make believe being macho in the exact same way and play in the exact same way.

Playing games is not make believe.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
No, it's not a fellowship of men. Or it would say any who believe Jesus is the Son of God dwells in the fellowship of men who believe Jesus is the Son of God. But what it actually says is this:

1 John 4:15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God.
That is cherry picking and does not capture fellowship in Christ. Judaism is exclusive to those who keep Sabbaths and Torah. Christianity breaking from that is inclusive, and notice the scripture verse you quoted is not about belief but acknowledging Jesus is the Son of God. What you suggested was a hollow belief. Acknowledging requires understanding what it means and acting upon it -- fellowshipping with people who believe differently and have different semantics. You do not help your case quoting from John, the person whose gospel stresses how judgment is limited to who steps into the light and who doesn't and how the spirit goes anywhere it wills without checking with you. John hates your concept of Christianity which is a thinly disguised return to exclusiveness, the opposite of Catholicism. It is almost pure antichristianity to exclude on basis of beliefs.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
That is cherry picking and does not capture fellowship in Christ. Judaism is exclusive to those who keep Sabbaths and Torah. Christianity breaking from that is inclusive, and notice the scripture verse you quoted is not about belief but acknowledging Jesus is the Son of God. What you suggested was a hollow belief. Acknowledging requires understanding what it means and acting upon it -- fellowshipping with people who believe differently and have different semantics. You do not help your case quoting from John, the person whose gospel stresses how judgment is limited to who steps into the light and who doesn't and how the spirit goes anywhere it wills without checking with you. John hates your concept of Christianity which is a thinly disguised return to exclusiveness, the opposite of Catholicism. It is almost pure antichristianity to exclude on basis of beliefs.

You couldn't be more wrong. Here is what John says is pure antichrist, and it solely excludes on the basis of a belief.

1 John 4:3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus, is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
So right, it's acts 19:5 The Holy Spirit Received at Ephesus
…Paul explained: “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the One coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” On hearing this,they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.And when Paul laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.…

1John 3.23 boils down Christianity also "And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us."

1 John 3:23 - is actually saying that Jesus brings the truth about compassion and morality, and that we should follow his words. At no point does it "Jesus is the Son of God." It helps to have a little seminary/university training so that you can understand exegesis, apologetics and hermeneutics.

Besides, other people are referred to as Sons of God. That is not exclusive to Jesus.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
1 John 3:23 - is actually saying that Jesus brings the truth about compassion and morality, and that we should follow his words. At no point does it "Jesus is the Son of God." It helps to have a little seminary/university training so that you can understand exegesis, apologetics and hermeneutics.

Besides, other people are referred to as Sons of God. That is not exclusive to Jesus.

Perhaps you should spend less time in Seminary.

1 John 4:9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

Segev Moran

So is a practicing christian, who doesn't believe Jesus is God an atheist?
Nope, But it does make you non christian.
If you find all claims of ANY religion, gods, A God or whatever other spiritual (and beyond) concepts are anything other than a guess (and a bad one), I guess you are still not an atheist ;)

Segev Moran

Let's not overthink this.

Atheism: there is no God(s).
Actually.. Its far from it.
What you are describing is a small group of people who are nicked as "strong" atheists.
I came across thousands of atheists, only a mere of them ever declared that they know for a fact there is no god (and those who do, are easily debunked).
Atheists, simply state that there is CURRENTLY no valid, demonstrable evidence of any of the supernatural concept.
If tomorrow i will be able to speak with my dead Grandma, I assure you my probability of "there is no god" will drop down quite a lot.

An atheist is simply not convinced that any religion represents any truth. It's not different from any theist person, with the exception of not being convinced regarding one more "god".

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
1 John 4:3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus, is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
Hello, that is almost exactly what I said. Anti + Christ = antichrist. Excluding on the basis of what people believe is only the #1 thing that has divided Christ. Instead have a little faith that love really does cover a multitude of sins. Imagine righteousness matters more than lipsync and all those times the gospels say that people who say 'Lord Lord' are not actually acknowledged by Jesus, because they haven't acklowledged him. Who is poor and who is a child? Of such is the kingdom of God, but you send them away with this beliefs stuff. Beliefs are ephemeral.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
You have a strange understanding or roll playing.

No you do. Role-Play is simple playing a role for whatever purpose it may be.

Are you so far out in lala land that you do not know that what is unreal;. has no honor, wisdom or greatness. You need the on the internet and listen to Peter, Paul and Mary sing "Puff the magic dragon."

Objectively you are in lala land and I say objectively in the strictest sense of the word.

I am a bibliophile and an avid reader of all things that are knowledge in the written form. I am autodidactic to
such a level that it is sickening to everybody around me. I appreciate greatness that all I ever dwell on is the ability to attain wisdom on all matters. I know it is an obsession of mine but still it gives me pleasure.

To insinuate I am wasting my time is ludicrous when you cannot even comprehend things that lay in front of your eyes. Very mundane concepts you can't grasp are the points of your frustration because you are so narrow in thinking you can't escape the trappings of dogma.

Then what is your gripe? You just proved my earlier points.

Playing games is not make believe.
You are indulging in a fantasy playing a game. It is only destructive when you refuse to acknowledge the fantasy. I do not toss Christianity aside for being a fantasy since that fantasy is the product of great nations, history, culture and philosophy.
Why would I turn my back upon it?

Also, "orthodoxy" and "accurate/right" aren't synonyms. Orthodoxies tend to rely heavily on little else besides arguments by authority or popularity.

Demons also said Jesus was the son of God, and since the bible claims demons are liars ...

Ah, but whoever isn't against Jesus is for him, so if Satan believes in him ...

The Holy Spirit has some intriguing limitations, such as being able to tell you what passages mean but can't tell you what someone else believes.

You are cherry picking this verse taking it out of context. But rather these verses display the difference between one who has Faith + Works (fruit) in Jesus Christ and those who merely believe (doing nothing/having no fruit). Here the scripture states that even the demons believe (however they do not have the necessary FAITH + WORKS/fruit) to prove their devotion to Him. Same could be said, of those who make a pronouncement of belief with their lips only, but their hearts are far from being a true "believer" in Jesus Christ.

Scriptural References said:
  • Matthew 15:8
    8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
  • Mark 7:6
    6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

Satan and Evil spirits recognize who their enemy is. They recognize who Jesus Christ is (they know that He is their greatest foe), and they also are keenly aware of the POWER that Jesus Christ has that he can and will wield over them. They (along with all the elements) are subject to that power....however they do not have FAITH in Jesus Christ and His Plan of Salvation, but rather they are very much in opposition to it.

This is why the scripture saying that even the demons believe who Jesus Christ is. There is a difference between those who have FAITH in Jesus Christ and those who merely believe. The difference is shown by FAITH + WORKS. Those who truly have FAITH in God.....will naturally bare the FRUITS (works) that they do.

Satan and Evil spirits have no good fruit...they are not true wheat (true faith + fruit) but instead are the Tares (weeds without fruit).

SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE said:
  • James 2:18
    18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
  • JST, James 2:14-21
    14 What profit is it, my brethren, for a man to say he hath faith, and hath not works? can faith save him?

15 Yea, a man may say, I will show thee I have faith without works; but I say, Show me thy faith without works, and I will show thee my faith by my works.

16 For if a brother or sister be naked and destitute, and one of you say, Depart in peace, be warmed and filled; notwithstanding he give not those things which are needful to the body; what profit is your faith unto such?

17 Even so faith, if it have not works is dead, being alone.

18 Therefore wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead and cannot save you?

19 Thou believest there is one God; thou doest well; the devils also believe, and tremble; thou hast made thyself like unto them, not being justified.

20 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

21 Seest thou how works wrought with his faith, and by works was faith made perfect?

Last edited:

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Perhaps you should spend less time in Seminary.

1 John 4:9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

Who wrote the Bible? Humans that did not speak English..
Who wrote the Gospels? Unknown humans that did not speak English.

Your arguments are based on hearsay, translated across languages and time barriers, minus the cultural idioms of the time period.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Hello, that is almost exactly what I said. Anti + Christ = antichrist. Excluding on the basis of what people believe is only the #1 thing that has divided Christ. Instead have a little faith that love really does cover a multitude of sins. Imagine righteousness matters more than lipsync and all those times the gospels say that people who say 'Lord Lord' are not actually acknowledged by Jesus, because they haven't acklowledged him. Who is poor and who is a child? Of such is the kingdom of God, but you send them away with this beliefs stuff. Beliefs are ephemeral.

John 20:30 he Purpose of John's Book
Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book. But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
WE teach our children there is no god. We teach them there is a God. We teach adults the same truth but have come to believe the secular world, instead of the true world.

Mt 18:3 - Truly, truly I say to you, unless your are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven
Your spin is nothing new.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Who wrote the Bible? Humans that did not speak English..
Who wrote the Gospels? Unknown humans that did not speak English.

Your arguments are based on hearsay, translated across languages and time barriers, minus the cultural idioms of the time period.
And perhaps in song as well.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Atheists, simply state that there is CURRENTLY no valid, demonstrable evidence of any of the supernatural concept.

That is agnosticism. They neither confirm nor deny the existence of God, because there is no known evidence to prove one way or the other.

Atheism is defined as not believing in God(s). It is quite literally the opposite of theism. That's why there is an 'a' at the beginning of the word.

theism - atheism
moral - amoral
sexual - asexual
political - apolitical

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
John 20:30 he Purpose of John's Book
Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book. But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in His name.
Again, totally misses the point; basically raping the text. The Greek text is in harmony with inclusion, Catholic faith. You want everything to be about believing and so choose a cult resource on the internet and a cherrypicked verse badly translated. Faith is a verb and only a noun to a lesser extent. Your approach is tainted by millennia of infighting, wars, killing and finally backstabbing between Protestants and Roman Catholics. For three centuries the two would barely speak to each other and the result is cultural loss so terrible that this cancerous unworkable idea of faith has become common. Understand that an atheist who obeys Christ and takes care of his little ones has more honor than someone who believes in God, bows and sways, dances with joy and gives seed donations. That atheist has acknowledged Jesus as the son of God, even though semantically you do not know what that means. They have acknowledged the Logos descended into him by their actions and fellowship in his name, a thing that you pinch your nose at by denying anyone can fellowship without speaking your magic phrases.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Again, totally misses the point; basically raping the text. The Greek text is in harmony with inclusion, Catholic faith. You want everything to be about believing and so choose a cult resource on the internet and a cherrypicked verse badly translated. Faith is a verb and only a noun to a lesser extent. Your approach is tainted by millennia of infighting, wars, killing and finally backstabbing between Protestants and Roman Catholics. For three centuries the two would barely speak to each other and the result is cultural loss so terrible that this cancerous unworkable idea of faith has become common. Understand that an atheist who obeys Christ and takes care of his little ones has more honor than someone who believes in God, bows and sways, dances with joy and gives seed donations. That atheist has acknowledged Jesus as the son of God, even though semantically you do not know what that means. They have acknowledged the Logos descended into him by their actions and fellowship in his name, a thing that you pinch your nose at by denying anyone can fellowship without speaking your magic phrases.

Ok dude, I see you have you have your antichrist agenda do conform to. We have nothing more to discuss.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Ok dude, I see you have you have your antichrist agenda do conform to. We have nothing more to discuss.
I hope I have not hidden my loathing for the exclusivity which has lead so many churches to depravity.