• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian: Are we christians loving?

Saw11_2000

I don't think that many Christians hate other people, (some do though, just like some atheists are jerks) I think that they do not understand other's beliefs. Hey, I may not believe in the Christian faith, but I don't hate you at all. Sometimes learning about someone else can open your mind. It's sad when you see someone automatically dislike someone when they announce that they're atheist/islamic/jewish, even though they had no problem with that person before they announced it. Actually, the result should be the opposite, it should make you think that hey, X type of people are actually alright! That is all :)

I can be pretty sure that true believers in Christ don't hate anyone. Those who say that they are Christians and then teach hate are just fooling themselves. On the other hand just because Christians don't agree with sin that doesn't make them hateful. On the contrary it makes them more like Christ.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
NetDoc said:
Cool... when was the last time you had a gay friend over for dinner? Or went to the movies with one?
I don't have people over for dinner and I don't go to the movies....

How about drank beer with at the NY party? There was no judgement or hate involved, either.... does that mean I'm not a "real" Christian :biglaugh:

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Yo Snow,

The Christians of the 1st Century drank the spirits of that day. In fact, Jesus' first miracle was changing water into WINE! Too often, people want to create rules that God never intended to have. I only subscribe to two: Love God and Love Everyone Else. I have drunk beer with many a "sinner" and will continue to do so until the Lord comes. Sometimes love is spelled T-I-M-E. :D

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
NetDoc said:
Yo Snow,

The Christians of the 1st Century drank the spirits of that day. In fact, Jesus' first miracle was changing water into WINE! Too often, people want to create rules that God never intended to have. I only subscribe to two: Love God and Love Everyone Else. I have drunk beer with many a "sinner" and will continue to do so until the Lord comes. Sometimes love is spelled T-I-M-E. :D
LOL - I wasn't questioning the drinking beer part.... I was wondering if the lack of judgement and hate was what kept me from being the Christian so many folks seem to think we are ;)