• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christchurch mosque attacks: Gunman pleads guilty to all charges

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
The man due to go on trial for the 15 March Christchurch mosque attacks has this morning pleaded guilty to all the charges he was facing.

At the High Court in Christchurch, Brenton Tarrant admitted 51 of murder, 40 of attempted murder and one under the Terrorism Suppression Act.

Until today he had denied all of the charges and was scheduled to stand trial in June. The guilty plea means he has become New Zealand's first convicted terrorist.

Christchurch mosque attacks: Gunman pleads guilty to all charges

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Sigh. I suppose this should be counted as good news. But still, it's too bad that such evil still exists.

It is excellent news.

He was going to plead not guilty so as to go on trial and further promote his racist and antiIslamic agenda. This would have retraumatised our nation along with the many family and friends of the victims.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
New Zealand is quite anti the death penalty and it was abolished here in 1961. There is no serious desire to have it reinstated, even under these circumstances. Personally I believe the death penalty has its place and this would be one of those circumstances where it would be appropriate.