• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ

Treasure Hunter

If you believe in him, then believe too in his story. Whoever truly believes in his story will aim to make it their own story.

is that GREATER in quality, or quantity?

101G.
Apparently in what Jesus can do, because:

Jesus therefore answered them, "Most assuredly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father doing. For whatever things he does, these the Son also does likewise.
John 5:19

101G

Apparently in what Jesus can do, because:

Jesus therefore answered them, "Most assuredly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father doing. For whatever things he does, these the Son also does likewise.
John 5:19
First thanks for your reply, second, you clearly said, "Apparently in what Jesus can do". TRUE, but the reason why........ (you gave) ..... was incorrect. he do nothing of himself because of AUTHORITY, while G2758 κενόω kenoo in flesh.

but if he did anything with. or without AUTHORITY, the work he did, was it in quantity or quality in respect to being GREATER THAN the Father?

101G.

101G

Where do you get the idea of it being about authority?
is not the Lord Jesus God's "own" ARM in flesh? per Isaiah 63:5 and Isaiah chapter 53. understand, by being in flesh as the EQUAL SHARE of himself in flesh. is not his ARM in subjection to him?

understand, as the ARM of God in Flesh, he is subject to the will of the Ordinal First, correct.

let's see this plainly from the bible, ok. follow the scriptures. when Sennacherib, king of Assyria, invaded Judah, Hezekiah the king, fortifies himself, and encourages his people, but listen to the incident

2 Chronicles 32:7 "Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him: 8 With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah".

this "ARM of FLESH" was king Sennacherib POWER, or Army...... well the Christ is God's POWER in flesh, God's army of one.
one of the failing prompts of the Unitarians, JW belief, and some others is this. they say, "Jesus is not God", and one of their excuses is, "he could do nothing of himself", John 8:28 "Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things”. as the "the ARM of God", he was not authorized to act alone, (of his OWN WILL). this is clear as with the Assyrian army. and no army act alone, or on their own power. not even our, the American Army, just get up and go to war with another country or person, without authorization from the commander in chief, or congress. just as my own physical arm don't wave unless I authorized it to wave. the head gives direction to the body. this is explained in the understanding of the use of POWERS, the G1411 dunamis, and the G1849 exousia. just as an Army can do nothing of their own so do the Lord Jesus, he don't act alone. hence one of the reason why he was in G2758 keno, (to abase, neutralize, or make of none effect). but at his baptism he was authorized with G1849 exousia to act in the NAME of God, who doth the work. as to forgive sin, heal the sick, raise the dead, and so on. he is our example of how the G1849 exousia works. and that's why we, as 1 John 3:2a states, "now we're the Sons of God". because we was not before. by default we was the son of the evil one. our Lord Jesus having the NATURE, (see Phil 2:5) of God. yes, HAVING, is BEING IN THE FORM of God, having his nature, he took on our humanity. so that as the "KINSMAN" redeemer in flesh and blood he then could give that BLOOD, which is the LIFE of the flesh, (see Lev 17:11), and redeem man from sin. this is the "OBJECTIVE" of God, his plan, and his will. and “BEING” in that flesh he carried out his plan of salvation for Man. again his "OWN" arm brought salvation unto himself, (see Isaiah 63:5). so that answers the “if Christ is God, how come he could do nothing of himself”. another excuse vanquish, and laid to the side.

so 1213, the authority to act was in POWER. and this work/action was in quality, and not in quantity.

101G.

Viker

Häxan
Is Jesus the GOAT or what? I’ll say yep!
Almost everyone knows who The Goat is. This is also the GOAT, for me, IMHO.

licensed-image (3).jpeg