• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ the Teacher

allfoak

Alchemist
If Christ is the Teacher, then how can one be taught when Jesus hasn't come yet?

Jeremiah 31:34
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Matthew 23:8
“But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi,’ for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Luke 17:21
nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”
The kingdom of heaven is within you.

Gospel of Thomas
Saying 3: Seeking Within

Jesus said, "If your leaders tell you, 'Look, the kingdom is in heaven,' then the birds of heaven will precede you. If they tell you, 'It's in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is within you and outside of you.

"When you know yourselves, then you'll be known, and you'll realize that you're the children of the living Father. But if you don't know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

Saying 113: The Kingdom is Already Present

His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"

"It won't come by looking for it. They won't say, 'Look over here!' or 'Look over there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is already spread out over the earth, and people don't see it."

Saying 22: Making the Two into One

Jesus saw some little children nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing children can be compared to those who enter the kingdom."

They said to him, "Then we'll enter the kingdom as little children?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and so make the male and the female a single one so that the male won't be male nor the female female; when you make eyes in the place of an eye, a hand in the place of a hand, a foot in the place of a foot, and an image in the place of an image; then you'll enter [the kingdom]."

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The kingdom of heaven is within you.

Gospel of Thomas
Saying 3: Seeking Within

Jesus said, "If your leaders tell you, 'Look, the kingdom is in heaven,' then the birds of heaven will precede you. If they tell you, 'It's in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is within you and outside of you.

"When you know yourselves, then you'll be known, and you'll realize that you're the children of the living Father. But if you don't know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

Saying 113: The Kingdom is Already Present

His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"

"It won't come by looking for it. They won't say, 'Look over here!' or 'Look over there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is already spread out over the earth, and people don't see it."

Saying 22: Making the Two into One

Jesus saw some little children nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing children can be compared to those who enter the kingdom."

They said to him, "Then we'll enter the kingdom as little children?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and so make the male and the female a single one so that the male won't be male nor the female female; when you make eyes in the place of an eye, a hand in the place of a hand, a foot in the place of a foot, and an image in the place of an image; then you'll enter [the kingdom]."

Saying 70: Being saved from Within
70. Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you [will] kill you."

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
circles and centers need not move

spirals indicate movment
spiral galaxies are movement in a large scale

the idea in the original statement comes from nicolas of cusa and indicates that a thing called god is indefinite and omnipresent.

it can be said in another way, love is a circle whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is no where. thus it fills everything with itself and yet is not definable and is empty of form, like genesis 1:2 where the earth is without form and empty(not yet fulfilled)

so a spiral could be indicative of infinity given the constant movement; which is a permanent state of motion and obviously having an indefinite form. bit of a paradox as yin and yang indicate

like another poster stated on here before: you can't step in the same river twice because the river changes constantly as does all.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
in the vein of this thread......

encountering the Teacher today
will not be the same as tomorrow
she/he could be anyone that quickens your own questioning. they just help bring what is within you from the well's depths.

John 4:14
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
she/he could be anyone that quickens your own questioning. they just help bring what is within you from the well's depths.

John 4:14
But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
ok....but my post did not lead you to your quote

today your Teacher might have kind words for you
tomorrow He might reprimand ....as He did unto Peter

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
ok....but my post did not lead you to your quote

today your Teacher might have kind words for you
tomorrow He might reprimand ....as He did unto Peter
i'd service the community but i already have, you see?

13. Jesus said to his disciples, "Compare me to something and tell me what I am like."

Simon Peter said to him, "You are like a just messenger."

Matthew said to him, "You are like a wise philosopher."

Thomas said to him, "Teacher, my mouth is utterly unable to say what you are like."

Jesus said, "I am not your teacher. Because you have drunk, you have become intoxicated from the bubbling spring that I have tended."

And he took him, and withdrew, and spoke three sayings to him. When Thomas came back to his friends they asked him, "What did Jesus say to you?"

Thomas said to them, "If I tell you one of the sayings he spoke to me, you will pick up rocks and stone me, and fire will come from the rocks and devour you."

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
i'd service the community but i already have, you see?

13. Jesus said to his disciples, "Compare me to something and tell me what I am like."

Simon Peter said to him, "You are like a just messenger."

Matthew said to him, "You are like a wise philosopher."

Thomas said to him, "Teacher, my mouth is utterly unable to say what you are like."

Jesus said, "I am not your teacher. Because you have drunk, you have become intoxicated from the bubbling spring that I have tended."

And he took him, and withdrew, and spoke three sayings to him. When Thomas came back to his friends they asked him, "What did Jesus say to you?"

Thomas said to them, "If I tell you one of the sayings he spoke to me, you will pick up rocks and stone me, and fire will come from the rocks and devour you."

I would suppose ....you need to be 'in the loop'
for the items taught in private

and it is written.....
God to your closet and close the door
and the Spirit that knows you will hear your prayer

are we now teaching each other?.....and the world is our witness?

what then shall God and heaven compare us to?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I would suppose ....you need to be 'in the loop'
for the items taught in private

and it is written.....
God to your closet and close the door
and the Spirit that knows you will hear your prayer
the closet implies an inner room. in the silence you hear that still small voice from within.

are we now teaching each other?.....and the world is our witness?
the heart is a reflection of what it sees. heaven and hell are states of the AB

what then shall God and heaven compare us to?
to god and each other.

james blunt

If Christ is the Teacher, then how can one be taught when Jesus hasn't come yet?

I have tried all day to escape that which has followed me all day long.
I ran and I hid but there was no escape
That which followed me was at my side
I tried again and caught a taxi to the desert
Again that which followed was at my side
So I caught an aeroplane
Flew for miles and miles
Again that which followed me was by my side
So I tried again and caught a rocket
I flew deep into the cosmos
Stopped and looked at my side
Again that which followed me was at my side
How can I escape this space that follows me?

Did you learn anything by my words?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I have tried all day to escape that which has followed me all day long.
I ran and I hid but there was no escape
That which followed me was at my side
I tried again and caught a taxi to the desert
Again that which followed was at my side
So I caught an aeroplane
Flew for miles and miles
Again that which followed me was by my side
So I tried again and caught a rocket
I flew deep into the cosmos
Stopped and looked at my side
Again that which followed me was at my side
How can I escape this space the follows me?

Did you learn anything by my words?

i can feel an angel sliding up to me
i can feel the devil walking next to me

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
again, jesus said you are not to be called teachers, because all are brothers in christ, not in jesus. there is one teacher. the same who instructed jesus?
this then is the one?
John 5:19
Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.
where then is this Father?
John 14:10
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

I wonder what verse you have in mind about Not to be called teachers.....
As to who instructed Jesus, it was his God, his Father, who Jesus said at John 14:28 that his Father is greater than Jesus. Jesus even stated that his Father is greater than ALL (everyone) at John 10:29 A.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I wonder what verse you have in mind about Not to be called teachers.....
As to who instructed Jesus, it was his God, his Father, who Jesus said at John 14:28 that his Father is greater than Jesus. Jesus even stated that his Father is greater than ALL (everyone) at John 10:29 A.

"But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
"But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.
Thank you. I notice the KJV uses the word Master there instead of Teacher.
In harmony with 'Teacher' at Matthew, John 13:13-14 also mentions Jesus as Teacher.
So, it seems we are to use Jesus' teachings to teach.
For example: Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus gave instructions to be teaching.......
So, those who are Not ' brothers ' (spiritual brothers) need to be taught by someone who is teaching.
For another example: the Ethiopian official who was taught Jesus' teachings by Philip at Acts of the Apostles 8:30-31

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Thank you. I notice the KJV uses the word Master there instead of Teacher.
In harmony with 'Teacher' at Matthew, John 13:13-14 also mentions Jesus as Teacher.
So, it seems we are to use Jesus' teachings to teach.
For example: Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus gave instructions to be teaching.......
So, those who are Not ' brothers ' (spiritual brothers) need to be taught by someone who is teaching.
For another example: the Ethiopian official who was taught Jesus' teachings by Philip at Acts of the Apostles 8:30-31
they aren't jesus' teachings. they are god the Father's

Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

so then if the Father was in Jesus, where do you suppose everyone else's father is?

John 14:20
At that day you shall know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.

God is omnipresent in everything and everyone

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't think so

I watch the news now and then
potentially, or actively.

allow me to explain further

Gospel of Thomas saying:

70. (active)Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. (potential)If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you [will] kill you."

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. (potential)If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you [will] kill you."
this quote is sufficient

and leads to....
unto those who have....more shall be given
and from those who have not......
what little they do have shall be given unto those who have