• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ Has returned, what should have we looked for?

Are you awaiting Christ's return?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I'm Fence sitting

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Just a popcorn question

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Definitly never

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • He has Come

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters

QuestioningMind

This thread is simple. This is about the promise of Christ Return.

From a Baha'i point of view this event has happened and was Fulfilled in the Messages of the Bab ("Gate") and Baha'u'llah ("Glory of God", or "Glory of the Lord").

As many await this event, both Christians and Muslims, how did we miss the greatest moment in History to date, would be the over-riding question to consider with this OP.

View attachment 20526

But lets go for a further three options;

What should have we looked for?
What are you still waiting for?
Why are you sitting with popcorn?

I suspect that there will be people looking and waiting thousands of years from now. The problem with signs and prophecies in the bible is that they are either so vague that they could mean virtually anything or they are no different from accurate predictions. That's why for every generation for the past 2000 years there have been people who have read the bible prophecies, looked around the world that they lived in, and concluded that all of the prophecies had or were coming to pass and that Christ would return within their lifetime. There's no reason to believe that people are interpreting those vague prophecies any more accurately today than people have for many centuries.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I can answer that in two pictures;

1st

View attachment 20530
All Nations shall flow up the Mountain of the Lord and the Law will go out from Zion.

let me see if i can explain it from the another perspective:

the atman is temporal, the paramatman is the Lord. the lord is not some other.

The word, Paramatman, is not to be found in the Rig Veda but through allusion referring to Paramatman as Isha. This distinction is made because all of its mantras which in the form of prayers are addressed to gods. In its great Riddle Hymn (Sukta I.164) is the famous mantra - R.V.I.164.20, that was revealed to Rishi Deergatamaah Auchathyah and borrowed by Mundaka Upanishad III.1.1-3, which belongs to Atharva Veda, to weave the parable of the Two Birds:-Two birds.

Two birds, beautiful of wings, close companions, cling to one common tree: of the two one eats the sweet fruit of that tree; the other eats not but watches his companion. The self is the bird that sits immersed on the common tree; but because he is not lord he is bewildered and has sorrow. But when he sees that other who is the Lord and the beloved, ### he knows that all is His greatness ### and his sorrow passes away from him. When, a seer, he sees the Golden-hued, the maker, the Lord, the Spirit who is the source of Brahman, then he becomes the knower and shakes from his wings sin and virtue; pure of all stains he reaches the supreme identity.
-Translation of Verses 1-3 of Third Mundaka Upanishad by Sri Aurobindo.

Here at, Aurobindo makes the Spirit or Purusha as the Source of everything, including Brahman. He makes Purusha more fundamental. Thus, he does not have to say Brahman to be the source of inferior Brahman, and he also dismisses the sense of Reality revealed in imaginative and emotional build-up.[10]

from the islamic perspectiv and knowing the self

Firstly, about the saying, "Whoever knows himself, he knows his Lord" we need to go no further than the Book of our Lord, when He says, jalla dhikruhu:, "and do not be like those who forgot Allah, so He made them forget themselves," in surah Hashr.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
2nd Picture

View attachment 20531
The ARC on Mt Carmel, the Universal House of Justice, that did see the 'Glory of the Lord', that is Baha'u'llah.

Regards Tony

the universal house of God is not temples built by man. it is temples built by god itself.

it is mankind. when the breath of life, or spirit of god, entered into adam, he became a living being.

Genesis 6:3
Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

Duke_Leto

Baha'u'llah has offered all this to Christianity, in fact offered it to all religions. That they look at what was foretold and then consider the Message of Baha'u'llah.

We are asked to do this as an individual and with Justice. The challenge then for us is if we choose to take on the Challenge given by Baha'u'llah, to prove this either way unto our own selves.

Regards Tony

How has he fulfilled any of the conditions I offered?

socharlie

This thread is simple. This is about the promise of Christ Return.

From a Baha'i point of view this event has happened and was Fulfilled in the Messages of the Bab ("Gate") and Baha'u'llah ("Glory of God", or "Glory of the Lord").

As many await this event, both Christians and Muslims, how did we miss the greatest moment in History to date, would be the over-riding question to consider with this OP.

View attachment 20526

But lets go for a further three options;

What should have we looked for?
What are you still waiting for?
Why are you sitting with popcorn?
Christ return is not a mass event. it is not physical world event, it is individual enlightenment.

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
I voted that I am not looking for Christ to return. I am looking for the Buddha to return as Maitreya. However, Buddhists don't believe this is the same as Christ- though I know Baha'is do. We'll just have to disagree.

The Buddha gave very clear descriptions of the kind of world we'd be when Maitreya comes to conclude the system of things, or re-establish the Dharma as some think. The world he describes doesn't sound like humans had any messengers or manifestations to call them back, but a world that slowly goes astray from the time Shakyamuni Buddha entered Final Nirvana.

The things the Buddha said about the latter days of the world reflect what Indian apocalyptic notions tend to be, but not Abrahamic ones. The Buddha said the Dharma's truth and integrity (how the Dharma has historically been taught by the two vehicles) will be abandoned to suit people's desires and preferences.

I think we see this clearly when people say the Buddha was wrong about supernatural realms, rebirth, karma, and the like.

That humans will be brutes, and some of them will eat only animal flesh- with no care to the animal's life that got sacrificed. Some people will eat ONLY meat.

They will pursue only material wealth and sensual pleasure all the time, with no regard for the well-being of others or life.

We see these things happening, do we not?

In Mahayana, the coming of Maitreya tends to be seen as apocalyptic because the Buddha spoke of no other Buddha to come, and as long as this system persists- Buddhas come.

Last edited:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Shhh, don't spoil the game; we get to see if they get the clues or are so busy trying to push their own agenda they miss it. ;)

In my opinion. :innocent:
All these things that have to happen before Christ's return that haven't happened yet. This means you aren't the real Christ but a christ. Just like I am a god but not The God?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Christ return is not a mass event. it is not physical world event, it is individual enlightenment.

Brilliant

Matthew 5:14
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

Revelation
21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away,

that is the waking from the dead spoken in daniel

there was no longer any sea.

there is no longer any division between god and self. the water above is dried up

Genesis 1:7
So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.

Revelation 21:
2 I saw the Holy City the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride

the union of the spirit and matter as one

beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them.

They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.

God is with us - immanuel

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I voted that I am not looking for Christ to return. I am looking for the Buddha to return as Maitreya. However, Buddhists don't believe this is the same as Christ- though I know Baha'is do. We'll just have to disagree.

The Buddha gave very clear descriptions of the kind of world we'd be when Maitreya comes to conclude the system of things, or re-establish the Dharma as some think. The world he describes doesn't sound like humans had any messengers or manifestations to call them back, but a world that slowly goes astray from the time the Buddha entered Final Nirvana.

The things the Buddha said about the latter days of the world reflect what Indian apocalyptic notions tend to be, but not Abrahamic ones. The Buddha said the Dharma's truth and integrity (how the Dharma has historically been taught by the two vehicles) will be abandoned to suit people's desires and preferences.

That humans will be brutes, and some of them will eat only animal flesh- with no care to the animal's life that got sacrificed. Some people will eat ONLY meat.

They will pursue only material wealth and sensual pleasure all the time, with no regard for the well-being of others or life.

We see these things happening, do we not?

maitreya = friend

The name Maitreya is derived from the Sanskrit word maitrī "loving-kindness", which is in turn derived from the noun mitra "friend".

John 15:15
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

the cross is a yoke that represents the cultivation of love, or friendship.

friendship literally means conjugal love.

the knitting of two souls together as one,

here we have a literal instance of loving your neighbor as yourself

18 After David had finished talking with Saul, Jonathan became one in spirit with David, and he loved him as himself.

among the hopi he is known as the blue kachina, or Saquasohuh.

among the mayan, he is known as kulkukan

the muslim is looking for the mahdi.

Last edited:

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
@Fool the Buddha also had auspicious marks on his body, and he tells his disciple Venerable Subhuti in the Diamond Sutra that these marks are important, so he is not to be understood as teaching the world is unreal. Maitreya will bear the auspicious Buddha marks on his body that Shakyamuni carried. It is part of how a Buddha's accumulated karma effects their final birth.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
@Fool the Buddha also had auspicious marks on his body, and he tells his disciple Venerable Subhuti in the Diamond Sutra that these marks are important, so he is not to be understood as teaching the world is unreal. Maitreya will bear the auspicious Buddha marks on his body that Shakyamuni carried. It is part of how a Buddha's accumulated karma effects their final birth.

the vaishnavas wait for kalki

what ever you wish to call him, he will gather from all nations, all religions, all peoples the righteous and these will become the 5th root race.

Emergence of the 5th World - Hopi Prophesy Legend

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
the vaishnavas wait for kalki

I can accept that Kalki and Maitreya might be synonymous, but it is more difficult to talk about other world religions so comparatively. I am sorry, but it is. Unless we're going to metaphorize the language in all of them and say their differences don't matter. Saying Kalki is Maitreya is much easier a connection to make.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I suspect that there will be people looking and waiting thousands of years from now. The problem with signs and prophecies in the bible is that they are either so vague that they could mean virtually anything or they are no different from accurate predictions. That's why for every generation for the past 2000 years there have been people who have read the bible prophecies, looked around the world that they lived in, and concluded that all of the prophecies had or were coming to pass and that Christ would return within their lifetime. There's no reason to believe that people are interpreting those vague prophecies any more accurately today than people have for many centuries.

This is true, this is also why Christ gave extra guidance.

First beware if those that come.in Christs Name, we will be looking for a new Name.

2nd By their Life and Fruits you will know them

3rd By their Prophecy you shall know them, and

4 th they will Testify of Christ.

Regards Tony

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Personally, I don't wait for the return of an eternal and omnipresent being, because one cannot logically be so and leave in the first place.

maybe, just maybe, someone besides horton finally hears the spirit of all the whos

Sonmi-451: To be is to be perceived. And so to know thyself is only possible through the eyes of the other. The nature of our immortal lives is in the consequences of our words and deeds that go on apportioning themselves throughout all time.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Personally, I don't wait for the return of an eternal and omnipresent being, because one cannot logically be so and leave in the first place.

Now the thought I can give, is that the Sun gives light. It does not leave it place to do that. The rays from the sun keep projecting to earth, give us light and life and more keep coming.

This is the Spiritual reality, it is in us and around us, it is only because of our material vision that we do ot see it.

The only thing that comes and goes is the person that is given the Message to pass on, it is the same Sun in each of them.

Regards Tony

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Agreed 100%

The Bible does say that we can be Born Again. Thus it could be considered this means to understand that we are a Spiritual Beings in the Matrix of the Spiritual World where the First Death is but a Birth.
With the following sentence, seems we don't agree 100%. I am also of the mind that Jesus has not returned, and will never return; as stated, the dead don't return.

They Executed the Bab by Firing Squad, the events nearly identical to that of Christ.
No, the events are nowhere near able to be called "nearly identical". Jesus was arrested and crucified. The bab was hung from a rope and shot at. When the shots broke the rope he tried to flee, but he was brought back and shot proper. Being accused of apostasy is the only connection between the two, but you might as well compare every apostate every slain to Jesus at that point.

By return us meant like spring returns each year. It is not the same exact flowers that return but the qualities.
Then it's not Jesus returning.