• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ Has returned, what should have we looked for?

Are you awaiting Christ's return?

• Yes

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I'm Fence sitting

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Just a popcorn question

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Definitly never

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • He has Come

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
If Baha'u'llah's Message is the One you await, then much you now consider truth, will be a cause for much reflection in the future.

We have not even started exploring a small part of Prophecy fulfilled by Baha'u'llah, Christ come in His New Name, in the Glory of God, the Father guiding us unto all Truth.

I can see that you have faith in your prophet, but please don't expect Christians to jump on board on the say-so of one deluded man. Do you know how many psych wards are full of people claiming to be Jesus Christ? We even have them here at RF! If they have no proof and cannot do what Christ did...do we just take all of them at their word? How do you know that Baha'u'llah (I seriously cannot even pronounce that man's name) is who he claimed to be? Who said?

The Bible says that God's last prophet was Jesus Christ the man, and that there is no need for anyone else. The scriptures concluded with the death of the last apostle John.....that is it. There is no more scripture required. Who said we need new scripture? Not Jesus.

To assume that "what's his name" is Christ returned when he isn't from Jewish origin, and that Islam is from Ishmael who was not even included in the covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is a stretch from the get-go.

We can all believe whatever we wish as is our right as free willed beings, but seriously none of what you Baha'i's post makes a lick of sense in the big picture. It contradicts the Bible in so many ways....does God speak with a forked tongue, giving mankind mixed messages?

Your Christ died again......the resurrected Jesus "died once and for all time", never to return in the flesh again. That should ring alarm bells straight away. I believe you have been hoodwinked by a clever deceiver providing you with what you want to hear.....instead of what God's word says....sorry. It doesn't wash on so many levels.

Kelly of the Phoenix

Does it make sense the a real and Holy God would ask any man to sacrifice his son? If I was Abraham, I'd get a second opinion.
Yahweh comes from a pre-Jewish pantheon where this directive makes more sense. These were real "It's GOOD to be the King" kind of people. Like heroes of old, holiness apparently doesn't have the same connotation as it does today. How many heroes in the bible are actually decent or moral people? Hardly any, really. It wasn't about morality. It was about being AWESOME.

There is a great wisdom in Sacrifice.
Not for the victim, who isn't around to learn from it.

We have virtually no conception as to what these acts of Love produce.
They are motivational propaganda. It doesn't matter how true it is, only how willing it makes followers to follow the leaders.

Here are the 12 Steps as defined by Alcoholics Anonymous:
I attended one of their meetings for a paper in school. I can sum up AA thusly:

Step 1: Admit you have a problem with alcohol.
Step 2: Toss out the alcohol.
Step 3: Chain smoke entire boxes of cigarettes instead so that the clouds are visibly hanging in the air.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I can't see that. If you're interested, let me explain. In order to test my studies in Historic Jesus the very first places that I would go to (have gone to) is extreme atheist websites, and with a foundation of research (much of it gathered here) I've never once had to lose heart in the face of myther debate.

Your post was imo a typical example of 'redirected anger', and it doesn't work here.
Imo, that is projection on your part, because you are the one who is angry. I am not angry. ;)

Imo it is completely illogical to look to extreme atheist websites for info about Jesus. Where would they get this info? How could it be accurate? Are there any historical records of Jesus? Even scholars reference the Bible. The accurate info about Jesus is recorded in the New Testament. Take it or leave it.
I think they speak out against Bahai because they flat don't credit it, and I've got to say that I now don't trust it very much either. The flowery rhetoric hides the double-think, imo.
No, people do not waste that much time attacking a religion just because they do not credit it. They would just ignore it if it had nothing to it. As Abdu’l-Baha said, “No one casts stones at a tree without fruit. No one tries to extinguish a lamp without light!” This is psych 101 stuff. :)

Why not pick on another religion? There are lots of new age movements out there.
To judge a body accurately one needs to gain sight of its AIMS and OBJECTIVES, which may well not come about for centuries, but if we can perceive these then we may see the real Bahai World, and have voice now, before it's too late?

Here:-
Whereas former Faiths inspired hearts and illumined souls, they eventuated in formal religions with an ecclesiastical organization, creeds, rituals and churches, while the Faith of Bahá'u'lláh, likewise renewing man's spiritual life, will gradually produce the institutions of an ordered society, fulfilling not merely the function of the churches of the past but also the function of the civil state.
UHJ

Bingo!
Bingo what? These institutions will gradually evolve, but if they ever fulfill the functions of the civil state it will only be because the civil state chose to pattern itself after the Baha’i institutions. The Baha’i Faith will never be forced upon anyone. However, you are free to believe that if you want to.
Yes...... a facility given by God?
As a Deist I cannot accept my question, above, but fate has surely given a voice to all, and that is fair. Maybe Bahai would censor such voices? It has certainly withheld many translations, and has hidden the real truths (one shown above) in volumes of rhetoric.

But I can tell you that on RF even Bahai critics are kind, possibly more kind than Bahai deserves?
There is no such thing as Baha’i censorship. The Baha’i Faith has not withheld translations. They just have not had enough money to hire the translators to translate them properly. But you are free to believe whatever you wish. As I said, I have been down this road before and I am tired of it. I did not come to RF for this. I have many other posts to read and respond to on other subjects that are more fruitful and more interesting... :rolleyes:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But you know I with Old Badger, I have some reservations about letting Baha'is rule.

Baha'u'llah only wants any heart given freely. The world has been given to us to Prosper in a lasting peace and harmony.

There will always be extremes of Good actions and bad actions. The aim would be to limit the really bad to very rare occasions. This life will always be one of choices and as such Humanity will evolve as a whole, upon the decisions we make as individuals and our submission to the whole.

A Baha'i will fully participate in the Administrative Order.

Thus this submission finds a single point in God.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can see that you have faith in your prophet, but please don't expect Christians to jump on board on the say-so of one deluded man. Do you know how many psych wards are full of people claiming to be Jesus Christ? We even have them here at RF! If they have no proof and cannot do what Christ did...do we just take all of them at their word? How do you know that Baha'u'llah (I seriously cannot even pronounce that man's name) is who he claimed to be? Who said?

The Bible says that God's last prophet was Jesus Christ the man, and that there is no need for anyone else. The scriptures concluded with the death of the last apostle John.....that is it. There is no more scripture required. Who said we need new scripture? Not Jesus.

To assume that "what's his name" is Christ returned when he isn't from Jewish origin, and that Islam is from Ishmael who was not even included in the covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is a stretch from the get-go.

We can all believe whatever we wish as is our right as free willed beings, but seriously none of what you Baha'i's post makes a lick of sense in the big picture. It contradicts the Bible in so many ways....does God speak with a forked tongue, giving mankind mixed messages?

Your Christ died again......the resurrected Jesus "died once and for all time", never to return in the flesh again. That should ring alarm bells straight away. I believe you have been hoodwinked by a clever deceiver providing you with what you want to hear.....instead of what God's word says....sorry. It doesn't wash on so many levels.

That is this thread, do you want the answers to your questions?

I will be off to church for a few hours.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not for the victim, who isn't around to learn from it.

They are not victims, they willing give their lives.

They are motivational propaganda. It doesn't matter how true it is, only how willing it makes followers to follow the leaders.

The leaders are the first to offer their lives for all Humanity.

"..By the righteousness of God! Every morning I arose from My bed, I discovered the hosts of countless afflictions massed behind My door; and every night when I lay down, lo! My heart was torn with agony at what it had suffered from the fiendish cruelty of its foes. With every piece of bread the Ancient Beauty breaketh is coupled the assault of a fresh affliction, and with every drop He drinketh is mixed the bitterness of the most woeful of trials. He is preceded in every step He taketh by an army of unforeseen calamities, while in His rear follow legions of agonizing sorrows.

Such is My plight, wert thou to ponder it in thine heart. Let not, however, thy soul grieve over that which God hath rained down upon Us. Merge thy will in His pleasure, for We have, at no time, desired anything whatsoever except His Will, and have welcomed each one of His irrevocable decrees." – Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, pp. 119-120.

"His Holiness the Christ loved both his disciples and believers to such an extent that he sacrificed his life for them. His holiness the Supreme (the Báb), loved the friends to such an extent that he gave his life for them. The Blessed Beauty (Bahá'u'lláh) loved the friends so much that for their sakes he accepted a thousand difficulties and afflictions. Four times he was exiled. He was banished from one place to another. His properties were confiscated. He gave all his family, his relatives, his possessions. He accepted imprisonment, chains, and fetters. His holy person was imprisoned in the fortress of Akká....He was made to suffer more calamities, afflictions and difficulties than could be enumerated. He had not a moment's rest. He had not an hour's comfort. He was continually under the greatest hardships and ordeals. What great persecutions he endured from his enemies! What great afflictions he bore from his own relatives!

"He accepted all these trials for our sakes so that he might educate us, so that he might make us heavenly, so that he might change our character, change our lives, so that he might illumine our inmost self. All these troubles he accepted for our sakes. He did indeed sacrifice his life for us. This love is the real love. This is the inner attachment and the genuine friendship. This love is the love which sacrifices one's all, one's life. This is the reality of love...." `Abdu'l-Bahá, quoted in "The Universal Language of the Spirit," Star of the West, 13, no. 7 (October 1922), 163-164

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I attended one of their meetings for a paper in school. I can sum up AA thusly:

Step 1: Admit you have a problem with alcohol.
Step 2: Toss out the alcohol.
Step 3: Chain smoke entire boxes of cigarettes instead so that the clouds are visibly hanging in the air.

I have the same problem with sugar.

Addictions need self discipline, an virtue we must all try to find and live in this life.

Regards Tony

Buddha Dharma

Dharma Practitioner
Does it make sense the a real and Holy God would ask any man to sacrifice his son? If I was Abraham, I'd get a second opinion.

I agree, as someone standing outside of the Bible and Koran's theology. I've always thought the details given in the Bible about Abraham's sacrifice make God sound really cruel and unfeeling toward a poor old man. Can you imagine the heartache this would really put a parent into, and it turned out to be some kind of divine test? Abraham probably wept his poor heart out of this happened. It probably tore him apart on the inside.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I agree, as someone standing outside of the Bible and Koran's theology. I've always thought the details given in the Bible about Abraham's sacrifice make God sound really cruel and unfeeling toward a poor old man. Can you imagine the heartache this would really put a parent into, and it turned out to be some kind of divine test? Abraham probably wept his poor heart out of this happened. It probably tore him apart on the inside.

This is what all Gods Messengers Face. They know they will face rejection, they know they will face persecution and most likely to be put to death at any minute. Still they choose Gods Will over their own.

This is also the choice of those that come to follow them. They one and all embrace the Message in full knowledge the people of the world will most likely do the same thing to them. History has shown this to be so.

It is those acts of Faith that help project all virtues into all creation, it is a great bounty to be a soul so detached from this world that they give a life so the light can radiate to all others.

Regards Tony

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
At the execution of the Bab there were 3 in the Cells with the Bab.

The Bab told them He would prefer to die at the hand of a friend than to be shot by the enemy and requested of them to carry out the task. Two hesitated and could not.

One person arose immediately and said he would carry out the Babs Wish. It was that person the Bab chose to be executed with Him. That person became part of the Bab as the musket shot joined their material bodies.
OMG ....you really see virtue in this?
jawsmiley.gif
I am having trouble understanding why this is even mentioned.

"The musket shot joined their material bodies"?

Are you saying that this one person who volunteered to make the Bab feel better about his execution, by not letting his enemies kill him, was happy to take a man's life, despite the fact that it broke God's law?
Was it OK for the Bab to choose this man to die with him? I don't understand.
89.gif

Who of God's ancient servants ever did such a thing? It makes a mockery of every martyr.

The account in 1 Samuel 31:3-6 is interesting from this perspective...."The fighting grew fierce against Saul, and the archers found him, and he was severely wounded by the archers. 4 Then Saul said to his armor-bearer: “Draw your sword and run me through with it, so that these uncircumcised men may not come and run me through and deal ruthlessly with me.” But his armor-bearer was unwilling, because he was very much afraid. So Saul took the sword and fell on it. 5 When his armor-bearer saw that Saul was dead, he too fell on his own sword and died with him. 6 Thus Saul, his three sons, his armor-bearer, and all his men died together on that day."

In the conflict with the Philistines, King Saul was severely wounded and three of his sons were killed. As his armor-bearer refused to put him to death, Saul fell upon his own sword. Rather than to take the life of his King, the armor bearer sought to join him in death because of what those enemies might do to them. Both of them committed suicide..... is suicide murder? Is it lawful? If you take a life (even your own) you are accountable to God, are you not?

What was the example that Jesus set? Who executed Jesus if not his enemies? Did he seek an easy way out, knowing how cruel the Romans could be?

The Roman soldiers might have driven the nails, but they were provided by the Jewish leaders. The Romans had no grounds to convict him of anything...they knew he was an innocent man but they impaled him anyway....a slow and painful death. Jesus endured it with the strength he gained from his God. He did not want to die as a blasphemer.....(something that would have been abhorrent to him)....yet God let it happen. With his dying breath he said..."it has been accomplished". This champion of the human race had fulfilled his commission to give his life for mankind.....he would never need to come in the flesh again.

The apostle Paul wrote..."Christ didn’t enter the holy place (which is a copy of the true holy place) made by human hands, but into heaven itself, so that he now appears in God’s presence for us. 25 He didn’t enter to offer himself over and over again, like the high priest enters the earthly holy place every year with blood that isn’t his. 26 If that were so, then Jesus would have to suffer many times since the foundation of the world. Instead, he has now appeared once at the end of the ages to get rid of sin by sacrificing himself." (Hebrews 9:24-26 CEB)

You seem to have a very twisted view of what Christ accomplished by his death. He was never going to come again in the flesh to die a second time.....what would be the point?

Revelation 21:7-8..."Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8 But as for the cowards and those without faith and those who are disgusting in their filth and murderers and the sexually immoral and those practicing spiritism and idolaters and all the liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This means the second death.”

Murderers and cowards who have no faith in God, will not fare well. I don't see the Bab as a hero but rather as a lawbreaker and a coward.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You seem to have a very twisted view of what Christ accomplished by his death. He was never going to come again in the flesh to die a second time.....what would be the point?

To break the veils that people place between them and God in every age.

Stay happy

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bible says that God's last prophet was Jesus Christ the man, and that there is no need for anyone else.
Show me where the Bible says that.
Who said we need new scripture? Not Jesus.
Yeah, Jesus said that...

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

And Baha'u'llah did all that....

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I believe you have been hoodwinked by a clever deceiver providing you with what you want to hear.....instead of what God's word says....sorry. It doesn't wash on so many levels.
God’s word says, the Bible says...... Famous last words. Problem is, pages of a book do not talk and say anything. All words need to be interpreted and there are as many different interpretations as there are people... The mere fact that Jews and Christians interpret the Old Testament very differently and especially the fact that Jews do not believe Jesus was even a prophet, let alone the Messiah they are waiting for is proof positive that there can be more than one interpretation of the Bible.... The fact that Christians do not even agree on what “the Bible says” is more proof, to anyone who can think logically...

But when the human ego is involved, logic goes straight out the window... “the Bible says” is just another way of saying I know what the Bible means because I know more than anyone else.

Oh yes, I have heard it all before: “I have studied the Bible for 40 years so I know what the Bible says” -- yet many people say that and they do not agree on what “the Bible says” so what does that tell you?

What does not wash is the Christian interpretation of the Bible regarding Jesus... It does not wash on so many levels. The clever deceiver providing you with what you want to hear is the Christian Church. Who doesn't want to hear that they are saved and forgiven and gaining eternal life just for believing in Jesus?

I do not think that the New Testament teaches what Christians believe it teaches. I would pay particular close attention to these chapters in the book entitled Christ and Baha'u'llah. The author of this book, George Townshend, was a dignitary of the Anglican Church in Ireland and a Canon of St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin who resigned his Orders after forty years to proclaim his conviction that Christ has come again to an unheeding world in the person of Baha’u’llah.

1 God's Call to the Christians . . . . . . . . . .11

2 The Kingdom in the Bible . . . . . . . . . . . .14

3 Jesus Christ, Herald of the Kingdom . . . . . . 20

4 The False Prophets . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .25

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Who could rule over all the people of the world better? God, through a divinely guided administration or a secular government not guided by God?

I think humans have tried the the latter and it has always failed miserably.....human hypocrites always get in the way...:p

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
There is no Bingo here. We have tried to explain it is an Organic Process that build in hearts.

I can assure you there is no Goal to take over rule of this earth, I have been a Baha'i for 33 years and all I wish to do is build the Unity of Humanity, that all men can have a fair Go. This is how we live our lives.

There is no, and I say absolutely no, want in a Baha'i mind for rule of earth or of any people, people that do have these ambitions in the Baha'i Faith find it hard to adjust and those that do not adjust become the ones that withdrew and that you now quote.

I can explain this further if you wish.

Regards Tony

I do not believe what you are telling me. You probably just don't realise what the aim and objective of Bahai is. But I'm not trying to change your solid viewpoint, rather to show others.

If........ if Bahai had described a World where everybody's vote would count, and where true egalitarian principles would be upheld then that would have made a significant difference to many other cultures and religions, but it did not and does not.

Bahauallah described a World where Bahais through God's guidance, would govern and control this World (one day) and that for many of us this is it's death rattle, because we don't believe in people who claim that they alone have guidance from God, are of God, etc............ a special kind of religious psychosis, I think.

Just look at how Bahais here on RF respond to strong criticism! Strong criticism against Bahai must at least be stupid and at strongest be very very Godless, even Evil as described by some.

Bahai by its very nature and foundation would believe that it has a Mandate to decide any policy in any direction because God's guidance makes it INFALLIBLE! Utterly utterly terrifying thought.

Heads up to all!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Oldbadger, this is not what this is all about. I would just like to know we can speak on these matters, without the cloud of some conspiracy being perpetrated by the Message of Baha'u'llah.

It is offered in Love only. We believe it is the remedy required by Humanity. That you, all and us (Humanity) would greatly benefit from.

Regards Tony

Many of us here do not believe in Bahai.
Other member's posts show that many of us see Bahai as historical distortion, religious arrogance and potentially dangerous politics........ yes, politics. Bahai policies are Politics! Of course you won't vote for other political parties, but many Bahais would vote for a Bahai seeking office as a Bahai! That's politics!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If........ if Bahai had described a World where everybody's vote would count, and where true egalitarian principles would be upheld then that would have made a significant difference to many other cultures and religions, but it did not and does not.
You cannot have it both ways. Baha'i votes count only within the Baha'i Faith, which will not affect people who are NOT Baha'is. If everyone had a vote they would also have to be a Baha'i and adhere to the Baha'i teachings and Laws. If they do not want the obligations of being a Baha'i, they cannot vote in Baha'i elections, just like if you are not an Argentinian you cannot vote in elections in Argentina..

For illustrative purposes, you can think of a Baha'i election as affecting only the Baha'is, just like an election in Argentina would affect only Argentinians.
Bahauallah described a World where Bahais through God's guidance, would govern and control this World (one day) and that for many of us this is it's death rattle, because we don't believe in people who claim that they alone have guidance from God, are of God, etc............ a special kind of religious psychosis, I think.
No, absolutely not. You take something the UHJ wrote and twist it to mean what it does not mean. Baha'is can never be involved in politics so they can never control this World.

Show me where you think Baha'u'llah ever described such a World and I will explain what He meant.
Bahai by its very nature and foundation would believe that it has a Mandate to decide any policy in any direction because God's guidance makes it INFALLIBLE! Utterly utterly terrifying thought.
Any policy or mandate within its own religion... How does that differ from the Pope as per Catholicism?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Imo, that is projection on your part, because you are the one who is angry. I am not angry. ;)
:facepalm:

Imo it is completely illogical to look to extreme atheist websites for info about Jesus. Where would they get this info? How could it be accurate?
Of course not. Who ever told you otherwise? :p
You don't concentrate on posts. I wrote :-
In order to test my studies in Historic Jesus

But amazingly I discovered that many of the best HJ brains seem to do this, and by reading their answers to tough questions one learns that which can not be found on friendly sites.

Are there any historical records of Jesus? Even scholars reference the Bible. The accurate info about Jesus is recorded in the New Testament. Take it or leave it.
Wrong. We can learn much background by studying the available historical records of early 1st century Galilee and Israel and the Jewish people. We can learn from available archaeological research. The Numismatic societies offer much info about coinage and trading movement. Local oral traditions from as far away as Cornwall and India need to be considered if not accepted. The writings of authors both friendly and unfriendly about Jesus need review. Even the weather, lefe-expectation, the social orders, the laws, the blooming agriculture.... can help to build a background out of which Yeshua and the Baptist emerged.

You do it your way....... I'll do it mine.

No, people do not waste that much time attacking a religion just because they do not credit it. They would just ignore it if it had nothing to it. As Abdu’l-Baha said, “No one casts stones at a tree without fruit. No one tries to extinguish a lamp without light!” This is psych 101 stuff. :)

Why not pick on another religion? There are lots of new age movements out there.
Please point to a religion which deserves more attention. Bahai is selling itself in various threads and therefore may attract attention which it doesn't like. And it tells a distorted story, imo, and that just niggles.

You see? This has been the nature of Bahai through several threads now. When Bahai cannot answer critical posts the direction of emphasis changes to focus upon the critic, the critic's nature, psychology, personal character. And many have jumped over into outright slanders...... on other threads.

In a Bahai World Bahai Houses of Justice would be a very worrying crowd, I reckon. You can't be wrong..... can you!

Bingo what? These institutions will gradually evolve, but if they ever fulfill the functions of the civil state it will only be because the civil state chose to pattern itself after the Baha’i institutions. The Baha’i Faith will never be forced upon anyone. However, you are free to believe that if you want to.
Yeah....... I just would have no vote.
Who knows, maybe a UHJ may receive Divine Guidance to enact the Bab's laws and turn non-Bahais out of their cities or their homes?

There is no such thing as Baha’i censorship. The Baha’i Faith has not withheld translations. They just have not had enough money to hire the translators to translate them properly.
Oh please!
Don't do this!
Have you seen your Temples?
Have you a list of your buildings in so many countries?
I wonder how much the Bahai building in London (alone) might be worth?

You can't afford to pay a Bahai group to translate all?
That's the most pathetic proposal I have ever heard about Bahai.

But you are free to believe whatever you wish. As I said, I have been down this road before and I am tired of it. I did not come to RF for this. I have many other posts to read and respond to on other subjects that are more fruitful and more interesting... :rolleyes:
That's fine.......

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
You cannot have it both ways. Baha'i votes count only within the Baha'i Faith, which will not affect people who are NOT Baha'is. If everyone had a vote they would also have to be a Baha'i and adhere to the Baha'i teachings and Laws. If they do not want the obligations of being a Baha'i, they cannot vote in Baha'i elections, just like if you are not an Argentinian you cannot vote in elections in Argentina..

For illustrative purposes, you can think of a Baha'i election as affecting only the Baha'is, just like an election in Argentina would affect only Argentinians.

No, absolutely not. You take something the UHJ wrote and twist it to mean what it does not mean. Baha'is can never be involved in politics so they can never control this World.

Show me where you think Baha'u'llah ever described such a World and I will explain what He meant.

Any policy or mandate within its own religion... How does that differ from the Pope as per Catholicism?

Heh!
Your last post retired from conversation with me!
As you said, you've been this road before, are tired of it, did not come to RF for this, have other posts to read and respond to.....................
......................... :shrug:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Show me where the Bible says that.

Hebrews 1:1-2..."Long ago God spoke to our forefathers by means of the prophets on many occasions and in many ways. 2 Now at the end of these days he has spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things."

John 17:3..."This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ"

One misguided mortal claiming to be the returned Jesus Christ, coming from a breakaway from Islam is actually laughable....all you have are his ramblings and little else. He obviously appeals to you on some level that I fail to understand.....He died.....was Christ to die twice? Show me where it says in scripture that Christ was to come again as a mortal man. The Bible says he will come as a mighty spirit King, accompanied by his angels.

Jesus said....
When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left."

Did Baha'u'llah come in that way? Was it with glory...with all his angels with him? Has he separated the sheep from the goats? Has God's Kingdom "come" and do we see God's will being "done on earth as it is in heaven?

If not, then your prophet is a fraud.

Yeah, Jesus said that...

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

And Baha'u'llah did all that....

Was Baha'u'llah the holy spirit? That is what Jesus was promising. The gathering in an upper room saw Christ's disciples receiving miraculous gifts in order to preach the Kingdom message to Jerusalem's foreign visitors. They could heal the sick and raise the dead......could your prophet do that? Could he empower others to do that?

When Jesus said those words you quoted, he was telling his disciples that all would be revealed to them after he returned to heaven. In the verses before the ones you quoted, Jesus says....

“I have said these things to you so that you may not be stumbled. 2 Men will expel you from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone who kills you will think he has offered a sacred service to God. 3 But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the Father or me. 4 Nevertheless, I have told you these things so that when the hour for them to happen arrives, you will remember that I told them to you.

I did not tell you these things at first, because I was with you. 5 But now I am going to the One who sent me; yet not one of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’ 6 But because I have told you these things, grief has filled your hearts. 7 Nevertheless, I am telling you the truth, it is for your benefit that I am going away. For if I do not go away, the helper will not come to you; but if I do go, I will send him to you. 8 And when that one comes, he will give the world convincing evidence concerning sin and concerning righteousness and concerning judgment: 9 first concerning sin, because they are not exercising faith in me; 10 then concerning righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will see me no longer"

At Pentecost some days later, (not some centuries later) there was an outpouring of holy spirit and the disciples did indeed receive much understanding about the things that Christ had tried to convey to them before he left the earth.

When he promised to return, it was not as a man....he said that "because I am going to the Father and you will see me no longer"....he would never again be seen as a man on earth.

The judge of all the earth has not yet come.....I believe that you have been deceived.