• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ as the Anti-Christ

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
So here is something I was thinking about: I am not sure the exact details and full story of who the anti-Christ is supposed to be, but I have the general idea. I'm rereading the bible currently, so I suppose I could postpone this thread.... Nah

Anyways, I have been thinking that it seems like the anti-Christ is against the idea of Christ and the Christian religion we hold these days. So the anti-Christ will be speaking out against Christianity, since that is what supposedly represents Jesus Christ. However, the more I look into Christianity and Christ the more it becomes overly obvious that Christianity the religion and Christ the person are really not connected by anything but a name.

Personally, I do not believe that Jesus said he was god's son, the messiah, etc because it is just illogical and insulting to think he would. He was a rabbi, and therefore he would quite obviously know he could not be the messiah since the world was not at peace. Besides that, he would have a much deeper understanding of god and spirituality than the Christian religion even delves into. Much has come to light and is obvious in between the lines in scripture that Jesus was perhaps a mystic. Anyways...

What if Christ's return is the same as the coming of the anti-Christ, and Christ tears down the religion of Christianity and corrects the lies about him and spirituality in general? The Christian religion would see this person as the anti-Christ, since he is preaching against the false idea of Christ they have been taught.

Just some ranting thoughts. Discuss.

Premium Member
Christ returns as a thief in the night, not as a teacher.

That is what the bible said, which Christ (in this theory) is coming to show is false. Another reason he could be taken as a false prophet or anti-Christ.

elmarna

I agree that if he supports that "the flock had strayed". And he must first enlighten them that they follow "teachings" that are far removed from what he had brought to the people that he would be cast as the anti- christ. I also support that he is destined to be crucified all over again!
Since the resources of him may be the only thing to define him. I tend to think that it will not be his actions that make people regaurd him as the second coming.
It will be his presence. The "positive spirit" of him will manifest a calming effect for those who stand close to him. His water into wine will not fail to be seen , but in a way that is not to WOW - just give people what they need.
May I also say -that in christianity view--- the devil would make a great second coming of christ!! He is considered the angel of sorrows. Who better to understand the great sorrow of mankind then him! All he would have to do is go back. Seek forgiveness. Get trained for the job and come back to show the world how to lift their spirits out of the vicious circle of unhappiness they have a habit of refering to!
A great PR man and perfect for the job when he is so. Well versed in the subject matter!
Thanks for the thread!

obi one

So here is something I was thinking about: I am not sure the exact details and full story of who the anti-Christ is supposed to be, but I have the general idea. I'm rereading the bible currently, so I suppose I could postpone this thread.... Nah

Anyways, I have been thinking that it seems like the anti-Christ is against the idea of Christ and the Christian religion we hold these days. So the anti-Christ will be speaking out against Christianity, since that is what supposedly represents Jesus Christ. However, the more I look into Christianity and Christ the more it becomes overly obvious that Christianity the religion and Christ the person are really not connected by anything but a name.

Personally, I do not believe that Jesus said he was god's son, the messiah, etc because it is just illogical and insulting to think he would. He was a rabbi, and therefore he would quite obviously know he could not be the messiah since the world was not at peace. Besides that, he would have a much deeper understanding of god and spirituality than the Christian religion even delves into. Much has come to light and is obvious in between the lines in scripture that Jesus was perhaps a mystic. Anyways...

What if Christ's return is the same as the coming of the anti-Christ, and Christ tears down the religion of Christianity and corrects the lies about him and spirituality in general? The Christian religion would see this person as the anti-Christ, since he is preaching against the false idea of Christ they have been taught.

You are putting too much ephasis on the term messiah. It simply means the annointed one. All high priest, prophets, and kings of Israel are annointed. And in Mt 16:16, Peter calls Yeshua the Christ (messiah, annointed one), and Yeshua told him that he was blessed because the Spirit of God revealed this to him. The annointing is the annointing of the Spirit of God. To be born again, one must be annointed by the same Spirit, and become a sibling of Yeshua.

As for being a son of God, that is what the kingdom of heaven is all about. You must be annointed in the Spirit, and then do the will of God, becoming a son of God, and a sibling of Yeshua. To achieve this, you must eat of the "Word", shown as the unleavened bread. The bread must be unleavened, in that it can not also contain the leaven of the Pharisee, double minded hypocracy, which is the main staple of the churches, through their adherence to the traditions of men.

And of course, Yeshua would not approve of the Churches, which are full of the traditions of men. The churches don''t seem to have a grasp on the simplest parts of Yeshua's message. They squabble over words, when they don't even grasp the basic concepts. Their followers have many stumbling blocks put before them.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Please keep in mind according to Scripture there is No one person as anti-Christ.
[1st John 2 vs18, 22; 4v3; 2nd John verse7]
Anyone who is against Christ is anti-Christ.

The corrupted clergy are described as being anti-God.
[ 2nd Thessalonians 2vs2-8]
They are the composite clerical 'man of sin' and 'son of destruction'[perdition]
They sit themselves in the temple [houses of worship] as if they are God when in reality they are anti-God.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006

The anti-Christ is an ancient concept held by John of Patmos. It in no way is "against the idea of Christ and the Christian religion we hold these days. John had no concept for what that might be. furthermore, the anti-Christ appears as a messiah, according to the biblical concept. Therefore your argument is wrong.
Perhaps rereading the Bible, as you hint you're doing, might be a real good idea for you.

Premium Member
The anti-Christ is an ancient concept held by John of Patmos. It in no way is "against the idea of Christ and the Christian religion we hold these days. John had no concept for what that might be. furthermore, the anti-Christ appears as a messiah, according to the biblical concept. Therefore your argument is wrong.
Perhaps rereading the Bible, as you hint you're doing, might be a real good idea for you.

Keep spreading the love and respect there brother!

Premium Member
Fine. I'll do that, so long as you agree to spread passable scholarship here.

Actually, mind if I make an example of you? No? Excellent. You call yourself Chrisian, as in follower of Christ, and yet act unChrist like. So imagine Jesus up in heaven seeing that some of the most immature, hateful, disrespectful people are using his name. He will probably be pretty upset. Of course, what he stood for has been so corrupted by people like Matthew, Mark, and John that one would not recognize him if he proved it with a miracle. I suppose an agent of Satan can turn water to wine also.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Actually, mind if I make an example of you? No? Excellent. You call yourself Chrisian, as in follower of Christ, and yet act unChrist like. So imagine Jesus up in heaven seeing that some of the most immature, hateful, disrespectful people are using his name. He will probably be pretty upset. Of course, what he stood for has been so corrupted by people like Matthew, Mark, and John that one would not recognize him if he proved it with a miracle. I suppose an agent of Satan can turn water to wine also.
Yeah, well, even Jesus made a whip and sent the hawkers packing...

arthra

Baha'i
"What if Christ's return is the same as the coming of the anti-Christ, and Christ tears down the religion of Christianity and corrects the lies about him and spirituality in general? The Christian religion would see this person as the anti-Christ, since he is preaching against the false idea of Christ they have been taught."

I think you may be on to something there... keep working on it!;)

InChrist

Free4ever
I don't think you can find any support for your theory from the scriptures that the real Jesus Christ is the antichrist. Rather than coming against Christianity, I think the antichrist will attempt to take the place of Christ and re-define Christianity.

Christ & Antichrist

Christ & Antichrist | thebereancall.org

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
I don't think you can find any support for your theory from the scriptures that the real Jesus Christ is the antichrist. Rather than coming against Christianity, I think the antichrist will attempt to take the place of Christ and re-define Christianity.

Christ & Antichrist

Christ & Antichrist | thebereancall.org
Consider it this way: over the 2,000 years he has been gone, we have creating hundreds of denominations each claiming to be the true meaning behind his words. Perhaps by "redefining" Christianity he is actually teaching the true meaning that has been forgotten or ignored by the majority.

InChrist

Free4ever
Consider it this way: over the 2,000 years he has been gone, we have creating hundreds of denominations each claiming to be the true meaning behind his words. Perhaps by "redefining" Christianity he is actually teaching the true meaning that has been forgotten or ignored by the majority.

It is true there are many denominations and many false things thrown into what is called Christianity, but the word of God still endures and all true Christians agree on the foundational truths of the scriptures in spite of their non-essential differences. I believe that by re-defining Christianity the antichrist (indwelt and inspired by Satan) will be promoting Satan's original lie that "you can be as God" and this antichrist will then claim to be God.

Premium Member

^^^ this is what I was trying to say, for the record people :)

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
It is true there are many denominations and many false things thrown into what is called Christianity, but the word of God still endures and all true Christians agree on the foundational truths of the scriptures in spite of their non-essential differences.
Do I have to point you towards the couple threads about what Christians think Christianity is, and what a "true Christian" is, or can you find them on your own? :D

Premium Member
It is true there are many denominations and many false things thrown into what is called Christianity, but the word of God still endures and all true Christians agree on the foundational truths of the scriptures in spite of their non-essential differences. I believe that by re-defining Christianity the antichrist (indwelt and inspired by Satan) will be promoting Satan's original lie that "you can be as God" and this antichrist will then claim to be God.

Well what if Christ truly was a Jewish mystic? Then we can "be as god" in a different respect than people are thinking.