• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christ and Muhammad are equal

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Christ and Muhammad were perfect Messengers sent by the same God to educate humanity. Their followers have misrepresented their Teachings but both Christ and Muhammad were from the same God and we should accept Them both.

“Look at the Gospel of the Lord Christ and see how glorious it is! Yet even today men fail to understand its priceless beauty, and misinterpret its words of wisdom.”

“If only the whole world would acknowledge the greatness of Muhammad and all the Heaven-sent Teachers, strife and discord would soon vanish from the face of the earth, and God's Kingdom would come among men.”

“But do not therefore attribute to the Masters and Prophets the evil deeds of their followers. If the priests, teachers and people, lead lives which are contrary to the religion they profess to follow, is that the fault of Christ or the other Teachers?”

Baha'i Writings

The utterance of God is a lamp, whose light is these words: Ye are the fruits of one tree, and the leaves of one branch. Deal ye one with another with the utmost love and harmony, with friendliness and fellowship. He Who is the Day Star of Truth beareth Me witness! So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth. -Baha'u'llah

arthra

Baha'i
How do you that he is all knowing? If you can make mistakes, couldn't you be wrong?

Taylor..

Thanks for posting on the Baha'i Forum!

I don't think making mistakes is a problem... It could be part of our learning process. In science they call them "experiments"... Sure we all make mistakes..but what can we learn from them?

The issue here is what "lover of humanity" has posted. We Baha'is believe the great Manifestations of God such as Christ and Muhammad are equal...there are some Quranic verse that supports this I think as well as some statements by Prophet Muhammad in Hadith. Had Jesus ministry been longer than say three years He may have had more opportunity to develop a community as it is we have some glimmers of an early Christian community mentioned in the Book of Acts where resources were shared in common.

InvestigateTruth

How do you that he is all knowing? If you can make mistakes, couldn't you be wrong?
While we human beings can make mistakes, practically, there are certain things that virtually it is impossible we make mistake.
For example, you are in street, and see the bright Sun in the sky everyday and revognize it. Many other people see it too. Is it possible, that is not the sun?

The Manifestations of God are like the Sun.
They have their own knowledge, just like the Sun that has its own light. They know things without human learning. So, all we need to do, is to investigate Them. Its very simple.

Last edited:

arthra

Baha'i
Jesus preached to love your neighbor.
Muhammad taught to kill your neighbor if they don't convert.

Jesus defended an adulterous woman from stoning.
Mohammad had a women stoned for adultry.

Jesus blessed children and said "the kingdom of God belongs to such as these".
Mohammad took a six year old as one of his wives.

Jesus killed no one.
Mohammad ordered the killing of all the males and the enslaving of all the women of a Jewish tribe (Qurayza Tribe).

They aren't equal.

Thanks for posting on the Baha'i Forum "Serenity Now"! You do understand this forum is the Baha'i DIR and consequently there is not supposed to be debates going on here... I would also urge you to read the response of Rahim above.. There have been centuries of animosity and prejudices expressed in the West re. Prophet Muhammad.

Baha'is believe that while Christ and Muhammad are "equal" each had a Mission to fulfill ... The ministry of Jesus was barely three years and He had no community aside from His immediate disciples. In the case of Prophet Muhammad He had a Mission lasting around twenty four years and a community in Medina to defend from the Meccan Pagans after the Hijra.

Prophet Muhammad also was reported to have said:

Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "Both in this world and in the Hereafter, I am the nearest of all the people to Jesus, the son of Mary. The prophets are paternal brothers; their mothers are different, but their religion is one." [Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 55, Number 652]

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
***Mod Post***

This is the Bahai Faith DIR

If you do not identify as Bahai, you shouldn't be posting here. And debating by anyone is not allowed.