• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chocolate News

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is the place for news & discussion of all things chocolate.

I'll open the thread with the discovery of antique chocolate....

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Well.....that was embarrassing.
Try this link instead....
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-cumbria-44757386
A 118-year-old tin of chocolate sent by Queen Victoria to fighting soldiers has been discovered in a cupboard.

The tin, made by Hudson Scott and Sons in Carlisle in 1900, is one of a batch sent to troops in the Boer War.

Auctioneer Paul Cooper said the gift was ridiculed by French cartoonists but soldiers loved the Queen's present so much many sent it home unopened.

The tin came to light after a World War One chocolate gift tin was auctioned in June.

"After reading about that a pensioner in London contacted us to say she had even older chocolate," Mr Cooper said.

She had kept unsold souvenirs and collectables when her shop closed 25 years ago.

"She dug into a cupboard and found the Boer War tin - with the chocolate still inside," he said.

Bob the Unbeliever

If there were to be One Thing that might convince me that there really was some sort of Prankster God, who enjoyed playing the Tricks on us humans?

Chocolate would be it.

Naturally, it tastes Wonderful-- even the worst sort of American Watered Down Milk Chocolate is still pretty d3mn tasty!

And the Best of the Best-ests Chocolate is such an Experience, that you are still talking about it years later.

Moreover, we are told that Chocolate contains a host of anti-oxidants and other Good Things.

But. They* also tell us that Too Much Will Kill You... eventually.

So it's a double edged sword.

What would the world be, without Chocolate in it?

Still survivable, but ... who'd want to?

* who is They, and how did they get so much power over us ordinary folk?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
This is the place for news & discussion of all things chocolate.

I'll open the thread with the discovery of antique chocolate....

"Sara. Whats the late breaking news on CSN these days?"

"Well Mark," Sara says, "We will soon meet the aniversery of Gene Wilder's death on August 29th next month. As you all know, Wilder is the original main cast who played Willy Wanka and the Chocolate Factory."

"What did he die of?" Mark asked

"He died at age 83. Wiki DotCom reports major complications of Alzheimers disease."

"Wow. folks. You heard it. Get your chocolate bars at your local grocery stores; they are giving them out free for children under age 12. Thats CSN news with Mark and Sara"

Last edited:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Milk chocolate doesn't do it for me.
Even the best is too sweet, too greasy, & not chocolatey enuf.
And the worst is waxy & tasteless.
El Rey (from Argentina) is my favorite brand.
I've never had the good fortune to try El Rey, but otherwise we agree on the lack of value of that stuff called milk chocolate.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
But for those who are relatively young, you might be saying goodbye to chocolate by 2050. So eat it, drink it and party on because tomorrow it dies.

https://www.marieclaire.com/beauty/a14532626/chocolate-going-extinct/

Well, at least the article does offer some hope:

The current hope? A gene-editing technology called CRISPR, which aims to create a disease-resistant cacao plant that can grow in different climates.

CRISPR has been called one of the biggest scientific discoveries of the century, thanks to its theorized ability to treat and fix genetic diseases, like cystic fibrosis. These (presumably sweet-toothed) researchers are hoping to use the technology on susceptible crops, like our beloved cacao plants.

But then again, there could be rationing of chocolate. This could be our future:

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm going to open the box and eat chocolate now....

610wggCM6EL._SY355_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/610wggCM6EL._SY355_.jpg

Mox

Dr Green Fingers
I like chocolate, since I cannot eat products that contain gluten, as if I do my immune system gets confused and attacks my small intestine and as a bonus I develop life threatening anemia, so there is very little else sweet (and in general) I can eat.

Almost everything that tastes nice, has wheat and thus gluten in its ingredients, pretty much.

Yes it's tragic.

Chocolate is my friend.

Hail the chocolately trinity, milk dark and white.