• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chirstianity is where I found God in religion.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Turn the lights off to sin and you've got no problem, but the Law was given to make us aware of sin. So to reject the existence of sin is against God. God wants us to be aware that we are sinners or he would have never given the law.
Where did I say I reject the existence of sin? I said I reject the notion that we are inherently sinful.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Glad to hear you found your goal in those states of being.

My perceived ultimate goal is non-being, non-conditioning, non-fashioning.
And then where do you go from there? You see, I do understand this. I just identify more with nonduality, which is not the same as "not-duality". To me, to know that Love, means you know that Emptiness.

buddhist

And then where do you go from there? You see, I do understand this. I just identify more with nonduality, which is not the same as "not-duality". To me, to know that Love, means you know that Emptiness.
Well, we're getting beyond the OP, where you asserted that Love is the essence of God, and I contest that Love = Emptiness. What's the purpose of using the word "Love", if you're looking to redefine it?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, we're getting beyond the OP, where you asserted that Love is the essence of God, and I contest that Love = Emptiness. What's the purpose of using the word "Love", if you're looking to redefine it?
Did I assert that? I don't think I did, or would. Why are you asserting I did?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You stated you found God, and that the reality of God is tied not to belief, but to love. My apologies if I misunderstood your statement.
I think more precisely would be to say that the experience of the Infinite is Love itself. That's why I mentioned Satchitananda; being, consciousness, bliss.

How I see this is this. God, or more precisely, Godhead, is without quality, without form, Emptiness as you say. However, at that point right of where Unmanifest meets Manifest, where the Formless becomes Form, it is at this point where you meet "God". And this Manifestation is Sat-Chit-Ananda, or to us the Christian language; Spirit-Light-Love. God, what we see and experience as God, is that Face of the Infinite Ground, or Emptiness as you understand it. So as a nondualist, I embrace both Emptiness and Form, and choose to call all of this "God".

Last edited:

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I think his highest ideal is not suffering, which I find rather selfish. Love is the answer.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I'll take someone that loves me over someone the considers themselves equaninomous with me any day!!

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes it is, though compassion is less strong of an attachment than love.
I don't believe I am using the word Love in the sense you mean it. I am capitalizing it. I has more in common with compassion than it does with anything resembling attachment. In fact, it's the opposite of self seeking.