• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

chip on the shoulder. just a BSing thread

We Never Know

No Slack
Maybe its just me but from what I read many carry two chips on their shoulder. One being politics and the other being religion.

Its like mixing pure sodium with water.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Screw politics.

I might carry religious chips, but I'd rather carry them in a basket, so anyone who wants can enjoy. Who wants to eat chips off someone's shoulder?

I hope they're chili lime flavored..

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
You're taking the words out of my mouth.

Sorry for that...

The words probably taste better with chips. Want some? :D
chips.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
True story:
Hearing (reading, I suppose) chip on your shoulder has Journey going through my head.:D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Maybe its just me but from what I read many carry two chips on their shoulder. One being politics and the other being religion.

People with a chip on each shoulder are the most well balanced people

Gargovic Malkav

I don't remember of it was the End of Days soundtrack or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines soundtrack that introduced me to them. One of those two.
But, regardless, they're no Steve Perry.:D

Probably End of Days then, as I don't remember any Prodigy soundtracks being used in VTM:B
Never cared much for vampires, but I still consider VTM:B a great classic, played it so many times that I can quote entire parts of dialogue.
It's funny how people can react when I imitate Andrei the Tzimisce's (The one you'll encounter in that horror house when you're after the origins of that snuff tape in Hollywood) welcoming words.

I'm getting off topic so I'll stop, lol.

exchemist

Veteran Member

Do you really mean that? To have a chip on one's shoulder means to nurse a personal grudge or grievance about someone or something, due to a perceived slight of some kind.

It doesn't just mean to have an opinion, or a prejudice.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Look it up.

"To have a chip on one's shoulder refers to the act of holding a grudge or grievance that readily provokes disputation."

Chip on shoulder - Wikipedia
Sure. A grudge or grievance implies a perceived personal slight of some kind. There are people here who have had a bad personal experience with religion and may consequently bear a grudge. But politics? Generally that is not personal.