• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chinese infant cannibalism

David T

Premium Member
Such a shame. I guess that baby eating will remain a purely atheistic activity.
NOW that's one twisted sense of humor. It put me in the laugh horrified mode. Like "can we have sweet and sour with a that foot? ."...crap pope beat me to the punch.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
NOW that's one twisted sense of humor. It put me in the laugh horrified mode. Like "can we have sweet and sour with a that foot? ."...crap pope beat me to the punch.
It's good to have a sense of humor with our sick world. Nehemiah says the joy of the Lord is our strength. :D

Easy does it lad. Be of good cheer!

David T

Premium Member
It's good to have a sense of humor with our sick world. Nehemiah says the joy of the Lord is our strength. :D

Easy does it lad. Be of good cheer!
Yes since the cosmos is laughing at us I would suggest getting aligned to the laughter at our absurdity. It makes navigation by compass easier.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Such a shame. I guess that baby eating will remain a purely atheistic activity.
In all seriousness may I ask you or any atheist reading this for that matter what is immoral about eating a fetus from an atheist perspective?

It's a hunk of nutritious edible matter, and if it's already dead, whether it goes into the garbage or goes into somebody's stomach, why does it even matter from an atheist perspective? If anything, the former seems like a lesser of a waste of something nutritious.

If I were an atheist, I wouldn't have any strong objections to cannibalism
Good thing I'm not an atheist :D.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
In all seriousness may I ask you or any atheist reading this for that matter what is immoral about eating a fetus from an atheist perspective?

It's a hunk of nutritious edible matter, and if it's already dead, whether it goes into the garbage or goes into somebody's stomach, why does it even matter from an atheist perspective? If anything, the former seems like a lesser of a waste of something nutritious.

If I were an atheist, I wouldn't have any strong objections to cannibalism
Good thing I'm not an atheist :D.

The problem is that there are certain acts that are undesirable. I can't say when a person becomes a person. Surely not a conception, but I would not push it to the Old Testament belief that it was not until birth or even later. A ban on fetus eating stops a possible abuse.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Baby eating: one of the longest survived, tried and proven methods of smearing someone that someone else thinks you should hate and be afraid of.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Baby eating: one of the longest survived, tried and proven methods of smearing someone that someone else thinks you should hate and be afraid of.
As I've mentioned in previous posts, China has done far worse things than that. Eating a dead baby is nothing in comparison with what the Chinese government did to its people
The government killed more of its own people than Hitler and Stalin and never even got a slap on the wrist for it

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As I've mentioned in previous posts, China has done far worse things than that. Eating a dead baby is nothing in comparison with what the Chinese government did to its people
The government killed more of its own people than Hitler and Stalin and never even got a slap on the wrist for it
It would depend on how one defines "worse." Historically, baby eating is a very serious accusation that leads to charges one being labeled as guilty without a chance to prove innocence, and it's shed tons of blood because the idea of eating babies has long sparked deep hatred in people.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
The documents, prepared by local government offices in the 1980's, two decades after the events they describe, seem to offer a meticulous record of how Red Guards and Communist officials in one province not only tortured their victims to death but also ate their flesh.

Copies of the documents have been smuggled out of China by Zheng Yi, a prominent writer wanted by the Chinese authorities for his work for the democracy movement at Tiananmen Square in 1989. After three and a half years as a fugitive, Mr. Zheng is to arrive in New York on Wednesday. Some Ugly Details

At some high schools, students killed their principals in the school courtyard and then cooked and ate the bodies to celebrate a triumph over "counterrevolutionaries," the documents report. Government-run cafeterias are said to have displayed bodies dangling on meat hooks and to have served human flesh to employees.

"There are many varieties of cannibalism," declares one report, "and among them are these: killing someone and making a late dinner of it, slicing off the meat and having a big party, dividing up the flesh so each person takes a large chunk home to boil, roasting the liver and eating it for its medicinal properties, and so on."

The documents suggest that at least 137 people, and probably hundreds more, were eaten in Guangxi Province
A Tale of Red Guards and Cannibals
New York times

Spiderman

Veteran Member
It would depend on how one defines "worse." Historically, baby eating is a very serious accusation that leads to charges one being labeled as guilty without a chance to prove innocence, and it's shed tons of blood because the idea of eating babies has long sparked deep hatred in people.
Anyone in their right mind would consider what the Chinese government did to its people to be worse then eating a fetus
Worst Atrocities Committed by the Communist Party of China - Vision Times

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Considering they are Chinese, the bad thing is that those who eat them will be hungry in an hour.
With the amount of abortions in China, the babies could feed a lot of hungry mouths. They should send some to their starving alli North Korea

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I can't help but be skeptical. If there was solid evidence you know that all of the large mainstream media outlets would be pouncing all over this.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I can't help but be skeptical. If there was solid evidence you know that all of the large mainstream media outlets would be pouncing all over this.
How about CNN?
China restaurant has menu of 'fetal soup' made dishes to sell, people do not have any conscience to eat this.
This is actually happening in China and Chinese journalists actually went to a restaurant to covering.

2. Restaurant owner say, He receive the 'fetus' was an abortion or a stillborn fetus. He paid certain amount of money to hospital staff and nurses to get this. which is still born fetuses and fetuses come was and abortion.
Status reports of brutal Chinese food culture.