• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chinese businessman is driving force for a sprawling disinformation network

Wandering Monk

upload_2021-5-17_9-25-45.png
A sprawling online network tied to Chinese businessman Guo Wengui has become a potent platform for disinformation in the United States, attacking the safety of coronavirus vaccines, promoting false election-fraud claims and spreading baseless QAnon conspiracies, according to research published Monday by the network analysis company Graphika.

https://public-assets.graphika.com/reports/graphika_report_ants_in_a_web.pdf

I wonder if he is connected to Falun Gong and their newspaper Epoch Times?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
worse than that....Walmart

if you can't sell your product for what Walmart wants to retail the price
then you have to find another means to get your stuff sold

the Chinese are price fixing

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I wonder about his connection to the Chinese government which wants us to become weak and is thrilled by the efforts of the right to subvert and destroy our system of government.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
View attachment 50638A sprawling online network tied to Chinese businessman Guo Wengui has become a potent platform for disinformation in the United States, attacking the safety of coronavirus vaccines, promoting false election-fraud claims and spreading baseless QAnon conspiracies, according to research published Monday by the network analysis company Graphika.

https://public-assets.graphika.com/reports/graphika_report_ants_in_a_web.pdf

I wonder if he is connected to Falun Gong and their newspaper Epoch Times?
If he is indeed a Chinese businessman, he wouldn't
be allowed to do this without government approval.
Remember...those who don't toe the line are very
quickly disappeared, imprisoned, or executed.

BTW, the latest lunacy I ran across is that the
microchips & nanotech in the vaccine make the
injection site magnetic.
(Notice the religiosity in the video & comments.)

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
58369_91e42db1c66c0b276abf6234dc50b2eb.png
A sprawling online network tied to Chinese businessman Guo Wengui has become a potent platform for disinformation in the United States, attacking the safety of coronavirus vaccines, promoting false election-fraud claims and spreading baseless QAnon conspiracies, according to research published Monday by the network analysis company Graphika.
:facepalm:
We really do not need more of this.

exchemist

Veteran Member
According to Wikipedia, he is an expatriate who fled to the US due to criminal charges in his homeland.
This Wiki article is written by people with poor command of English, probably Chinese. I wonder how reliable it is. It could be disinformation from the Chinese government, even. I wonder if we can find independent corroboration of the claim that this guy is an associate of Steve Bannon.....

Later note: Actually this does seem to stand up, based on the cross checking I have been able to do. Seems the preposterous announcement of a new federal state of China, complete with flag and anthem, actually did occur.

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It's stories like this that make me really wonder about conspiracy theorists. It's increasingly far MORE credible to believe there is a conspiracy behind any given conspiracy theory than it is to believe in the theory itself.
Is Q-Anon trash? Sure, but there are people making cynical use of it. There's an actual conspiracy you can bank.