• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China's Poor Living Conditions At Olympics

Suave

Simulated character
This is even more interesting than mixed pairs curling!
‘I Cry Every Day’: Winter Olympic Athletes Slam Conditions In COVID Quarantine Hotels
Excerpted....
Vasnetsova passed her time in quarantine with a little detective work. When fetching the food left outside her door, she took a glance at the boxes left outside other rooms in her corridor, whose doors were labeled with signs to distinguish Olympians from other people working at the Games who tested positive, such as team staff.
She concluded the athletes were getting worse food, and underlined it with a picture of food served to her team doctor, who had also tested positive and was living two floors below. He had fresh fruit, a salad and prawns with broccoli. “I honestly don’t understand, why is there this attitude to us, the athletes?!” she wrote.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if China is helping its own athletes by creating
conditions to harm the performance of other countries?
It's hard to imagine that a country that wealthy & capable
of extreme dedication to achieving goals would fail at
providing good living & training conditions for foreign
athletes.

"The Human Development Index (HDI) is a statistic composite index of life expectancy, education (mean years of schooling completed and expected years of schooling upon entering the education system), and per capita income indicators, which are used to rank countries into four tiers of human development."

Human Development Index - Wikipedia

"China’s HDI value for 2019 is 0.761— which put the country in the high human development category— positioning it at 85 out of 189 countries and territories. Between 1990 and 2019, China’s HDI value increased from 0.499 to 0.761 , an increase of 52.5 percent."

https://hdr.undp.org/sites/all/themes/hdr_theme/country-notes/CHN.pdf

panda-mascot-for-2022-beijing-winter-olympics-unveiled-136439569438610401-190918130255.jpg

北京将于2022年2月4日至20日主办第二十四届冬奥会,北京冬奥组委将在三个赛区办赛,分别是北京赛区、延庆赛区以及张家口赛区。开幕式和闭幕式以及冰上运动赛事将在北京赛区举办。

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
China make goods for the west to the customers specification.
You get exactly what you order.
When a top japanese camera maker has them make their products for them they match the best in the world.
When you order goods down to a price that is exactly what you get.
Like anywhere else their trade and manufacturing is governed by economics.
However the Value of their products is alway very good for the relative specification.

If you want cheap, they will supply you cheap.
Why complain?
When that is exactly what you ordered.

Audie

Veteran Member
China make goods for the west to the customers specification.
You get exactly what you order.
When a top japanese camera maker has them make their products for them they match the best in the world.
When you order goods down to a price that is exactly what you get.
Like anywhere else their trade and manufacturing is governed by economics.
However the Value of their products is alway very good for the relative specification.

If you want cheap, they will supply you cheap.
Why complain?
When that is exactly what you ordered.

Fill our banks and your dumps.

Whose choice is that?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Eze to know all about a place when you
havent been within 1,000 km

Ive lived in the USA.
I learned about rocks and glass houses.

I am sure there are good things about it too. I don't think anything is all good or all evil. Tell me some of the good things.

Audie

Veteran Member
Sadly, since the British lease on HK ran out, China is been doing a less than stellar job with it.

You might emjoy this movie.
See some parts of HK, get a feel
for it.
I love my city!

Sorry I was a bit something, but you
know, I, uh shouldnt take criticism of China
personally.

Audie

Veteran Member
Works fine if you just touch " watch on you tube"

It so totally not like unsuitable for kids, but anyway.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
You might emjoy this movie.
See some parts of HK, get a feel
for it.
I love my city!

Sorry I was a bit something, but you
know, I, uh shouldnt take criticism of China
personally.

It's okay. I have heard great things about Hong Kong. You would know more about it than me by a long shot. It's not coming up for me. It brings up a generic YouTube page. Aw, nuts. Can I look it up?