• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China's Poor Living Conditions At Olympics

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is even more interesting than mixed pairs curling!
‘I Cry Every Day’: Winter Olympic Athletes Slam Conditions In COVID Quarantine Hotels
Excerpted....
Vasnetsova passed her time in quarantine with a little detective work. When fetching the food left outside her door, she took a glance at the boxes left outside other rooms in her corridor, whose doors were labeled with signs to distinguish Olympians from other people working at the Games who tested positive, such as team staff.
She concluded the athletes were getting worse food, and underlined it with a picture of food served to her team doctor, who had also tested positive and was living two floors below. He had fresh fruit, a salad and prawns with broccoli. “I honestly don’t understand, why is there this attitude to us, the athletes?!” she wrote.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if China is helping its own athletes by creating
conditions to harm the performance of other countries?
It's hard to imagine that a country that wealthy & capable
of extreme dedication to achieving goals would fail at
providing good living & training conditions for foreign
athletes.

Last edited:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Clearly it can only be a neferious conspiracy, after all an efficient and non-corrupt bureaucracy like the PRC's would never be prone to incompetence or mismanagement, it has to be deliberate policy.
:rolleyes:

F1fan

Veteran Member
So teams don't have their own chefs and kitchens? This seems to open the door to tampering by China. Can we trust China to be ethical at all? No way.

In major world cycling tours each team has it's own chef and staff for meals.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
This is even more interesting than mixed pairs curling!
‘I Cry Every Day’: Winter Olympic Athletes Slam Conditions In COVID Quarantine Hotels
Excerpted....
Vasnetsova passed her time in quarantine with a little detective work. When fetching the food left outside her door, she took a glance at the boxes left outside other rooms in her corridor, whose doors were labeled with signs to distinguish Olympians from other people working at the Games who tested positive, such as team staff.
She concluded the athletes were getting worse food, and underlined it with a picture of food served to her team doctor, who had also tested positive and was living two floors below. He had fresh fruit, a salad and prawns with broccoli. “I honestly don’t understand, why is there this attitude to us, the athletes?!” she wrote.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

athletes.

Yup, the Chinese Covid Hotels.... and it comes with Covid testing 3 times a day too...

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Those infamous rectal swabs using the Probulator 3000?
Trump wanted Huawei out of America, because of suspicion of "backdoors"
I would not trust anyone to go in through my "backdoor" using swabs
God knows what will be installed

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
athletes.
Everyone knows its a developing country. Just ask the world bank. How can you talk down to a developing country like that?

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I do my best to boycott Chinese products. I definitely do NO business with Amazon.

It's difficult to do so, but I try too. I have recently decided not to use Amazon unless I have no other choice. The human rights record of many mainstream companies are not good, so it's hard to be totally ethical when purchasing products.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
As if youve been there and have a clue.

Besides that, was America a " horrible country"
under trump? Iranians are bad because they are controlled by mullahs? Hope not.

Their human rights record and environmental policies are indeed horrible. They make cheap crap and we buy it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
athletes.

It has to be deliberate and approved at the highest level.

Everyone knows its a developing country. Just ask the world bank. How can you talk down to a developing country like that?

Everyone? Xi and the Chinese Communist Party disagree and tout that it's ahead of the USA is so many areas.

The only thing they're still developing on is ever more severe thought control. I'm expect they'll be monitoring facial expressions and biological responses with mandatory chip implants soon so they can find out who still has an independent brain even if it's utterly illegal to say something that has not been approved of by the state.

lukethethird

unknown member
If you guys played hockey you would have noticed the difference between home team dressing rooms and visitor's.