• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China vs. India escalation?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
So, there's been skirmishes happening along the frontier that separates (nuclear armed) India and China...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_China–India_skirmishes

I've heard it said that if this escalates then it could start a nuclear war that involves the entire world and not just India and China

I can get how it may lead to a China vs. India nuclear war but how might a China vs. India nuclear exchange lead to the other nuclear powers into going to (nuclear) war with each other - in effect starting WWIII?

Could someone please explain how this may happen?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Historically, I think especially before WWII, such escalation has happened when alliances get triggered by attacks.

Fist flights and rocks are not going to start WWIII.

Daemon Sophic

Historically, I think especially before WWII, such escalation has happened when alliances get triggered by attacks.

Fist flights and rocks are not going to start WWIII.
Agreed. Each country has allies who will (supposedly) join them if they get into an all out war.
However, currently they’re at the stage of isolated squads scuffling with (or rarely taking “pot-shots” at) each other, in frozen and rocky high mountain passes. Not really either side clamboring for blood/revenge, or sweeping in to conquer territory.
There will be debriefings and maybe a scolding or a medal, before the squads are sent out again. :shrug:
Typical humans.