• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China to rewrite the Bible and the Quran to further Sinicize religion

Audie

Veteran Member
... You repeated someone else's ridiculous and childish post about irony. But it doesn't change any facts.

All you're doing is defending China's abuse of human rights but somehow I'm the inquisition? More non-logic. What you can't seem to realize is that the evil is not in Christianity or even in communism. It's in everyone if they let it be there. And it's in you; that's why you support the persecution of defenseless people in China.

There are many people who aren't necessarily doing anything at all themselves but stand by idly and support such things as concentration camps and inquisitions etc. All in the name of various ideologies but the evil is the same.

But by all means keep talking (please) so everyone can see how unreasonable you are.

A reasonable person liie you should agree thay
it is "human rights" for China to set up Maoist
cults in the USA.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A reasonable person liie you should agree thay
it is "human rights" for China to set up Maoist
cults in the USA.

I thought we already had Maoist cults in the USA.

But as the song goes "If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow."

And the guy who wrote that was the same guy who wrote "Imagine," which has been criticized as "communistic." He was also on Nixon's enemies list.

For the record, I don't carry any pictures of Chairman Mao, but I do carry this picture of Nixon in my wallet.

4c32851797d55_170522b.jpg

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
... You repeated someone else's ridiculous and childish post about irony.
Interesting how you seem to be the only one who found it ridiculous.
Also interesting is your seemingly loose grip on reality.

But it doesn't change any facts.
Your posts have been consistently lacking facts.
But I notice you have not let stop YOU from continuing that particular tradition.

But by all means keep talking (please) so everyone can see how unreasonable you are.
thumb-irony.jpg

74x12

Interesting how you seem to be the only one who found it ridiculous.
Considering the 3 people I've been dealing with in this thread; I'm not surprised.

But let's face it; just saying "irony" is ridiculous. You at least should point out the irony; instead you appear childish.
Also interesting is your seemingly loose grip on reality.
The blind don't see at all; so they think the one with eyes is "seeing things" again.
Your posts have been consistently lacking facts.
But I notice you have not let stop YOU from continuing that particular tradition.
Apparently; you wouldn't know facts if I told you any; because you're uninformed.
Absurd.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Considering the 3 people I've been dealing with in this thread; I'm not surprised.
Ah, more ad hominem

But let's face it; just saying "irony" is ridiculous. You at least should point out the irony; instead you appear childish.
You were whining about others being doing what you are even more guilty of doing.

The blind don't see at all; so they think the one with eyes is "seeing things" again.
I will have to bow to your demonstrated expertise on this matter.

Apparently; you wouldn't know facts if I told you any; because you're uninformed.
thumb-irony.jpg

Perhaps.
But it is more accurate than what you have been posting....

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
China to rewrite the Bible and the Quran to further Sinicize religion | Tibetan Review

China has called for a “comprehensive evaluation of the existing religious classics aiming at contents which do not conform to the progress of the times” and it has been understood to mean that the Bible and the Quran should be rewritten by “re-translation”. The order was issued during a meeting in Nov 2019, reported dailymail.co.uk Dec 24.

The order was given in November during a meeting held by the Committee for Ethnic and Religious Affairs of the National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, which oversees the ethnic and religious matters in China, the report said.

Meh. I really want it to be rewritten to reflect new knowledge. We can't use outdated information very much.