• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China threatens to nuke Japan

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Anyone for a repeat of what almost destroyed the world. China invades Japan. Japan and the US respond. China nukes Japan. The US obliterates China and China throws everything it has at the US. Biden needs to let the monsters ruling china know that the end of this is that nothing whatsoever will be left of china but a radioactive puddle. Because if we give in to their blackmail, it's all over for the rest of the world.

(Anyone who thinks that a dictatorship's outlet is not speaking for the tyrants is utterly naive).

CCP channel reposts video threatening to nuke Japan if it defends Taiwan

Suave

Simulated character
Anyone for a repeat of what almost destroyed the world. China invades Japan. Japan and the US respond. China nukes Japan. The US obliterates China and China throws everything it has at the US. Biden needs to let the monsters ruling china know that the end of this is that nothing whatsoever will be left of china but a radioactive puddle. Because if we give in to their blackmail, it's all over for the rest of the world.

(Anyone who thinks that a dictatorship's outlet is not speaking for the tyrants is utterly naive).

Japan is located very close to China, I suspect lethal radioactive fallout over Japan could very well spread over China. Therefore, I seriously doubt China could nuke Japan without China herself suffering massive causalities.

Magical Wand

Japan is located very close to China, I suspect lethal radioactive fallout over Japan could very well spread over China. Therefore, I seriously doubt China could nuke Japan without China herself suffering massive causalities.

I wonder whether the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings caused causalities in China. I'm aware the bombs were less powerful at that time, but perhaps they could use less powerful (and yet) distributed in various parts? Idk, just curious.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

It's a stupid communist channel spewing propaganda.

China knows full well the repercussions if they ever did as they would incur a very serious response on part of the free world.

Wandering Monk

COLUMBIA Class

The COLUMBIA Class SSBN is the nation’s future Sea Based Strategic Deterrent, is the Navy’s number one acquisition priority, and will provide the most survivable leg of the Nation’s strategic triad. It replaces the currently serving OHIO Class SSBNs and must be constructed and delivered on schedule beginning in FY2027 to meet United States Strategic Command requirements.

Representing a generational recapitalization of the SSBN force, COLUMBIA class will ensure continuous sea-based strategic deterrence into the 2080s. The COLUMBIA class will be the largest, most capable and most advanced submarine produced by our nation.

Fleet Ballistic Missile Submarines - SSBN > United States Navy > Displayy-FactFiles

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Depending on the direction of the winds, there might be some fallout over Manchuria, but it is unlikely to produce 'massive casualties', at least in the short run. Over the longer term, there would be a slightly increased rate of cancer.

More likely, the fallout would go over the Pacific ocean.

I wonder whether the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings caused causalities in China.
No. The bombs then were *much* smaller (by a factor of about 100-1000) and the fallout was fairly localized.

I'm aware the bombs were less powerful at that time, but perhaps they could use less powerful (and yet) distributed in various parts? Idk, just curious.

I'm not familiar with what China has in its arsenal, but I doubt this is the main thing in their thinking about this. Much more relevant would be the response from the other nuclear powers.

Last edited:

Suave

Simulated character
Depending on the direction of the winds, there might be some fallout over Manchuria, but it is unlikely to produce 'massive casualties', at least in the short run. Over the longer term, there would be a slightly increased rate of cancer.

More likely, the fallout would go over the Pacific ocean.

No. The bombs then were *much* smaller (by a factor of about 100-1000) and the fallout was fairly localized.

I'm not familiar with what China has in its arsenal, but I doubt this is the main think in their thinking about this. Much more relevant would be the response from the other nuclear powers.

I don't want anybody getting cancer due to nuclear fallout; please let us agree to a diplomatic solution in order to resolve the ROC-PRC conflict whereby Taiwan is ceded to mainland China in 2049, this being the 100th year anniversary of the People's Republic of China's proclamation. Perhaps Japan as well as other Pacific Rim nations could be involved humanitarianly by taking in Taiwanese refugees.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's a stupid communist channel spewing propaganda.

China knows full well the repercussions if they ever did as they would incur a very serious response on part of the free world.
That channel has to be approved by the rulers of China.

They're acting like classic bullies and acting like an expansionist power grabbing territory everywhere they can.

They should not get away with it.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

It would depend entirely on a bunch of factors. There are tactical nukes, for example, designed for battlefield deployment, as opposed to strategic missiles.
Weather conditions, etc, also play a role.