• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China: Stop Anal Swabs

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
If I flew over there, would the swabs be carried out using cotton or microfiber? I need to know. I'm quite anal about finer details!

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
China does a lot of things I dislike.

4B17E801-CE24-43C7-B6FF-D55075623902.jpeg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Because of a nose op around 10 years ago that has left my nasal passage weak, when i had a covid test the blood flowed freely for a good 15 minutes. I guess my nose wouldn't have bled if the test was done in china.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I am sure, that the Chinese have a very good technical reason for using anal swabs.
I am not sure why we are so horrified by the method if it is more effective.
It seems it is the method they use themselves, it is not done to embarrass us or anyone.

Perhaps we should do it that way ourselves.:sunglasses:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Think of the poor testers in the UK who have to take sewage works raw samples. as it gives an accurate picture of the viral load in the community, and it's rate of spread.

So may be the Chinese have got the right end of the stick when it comes to testing.
It is probably more accurate.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I am sure, that the Chinese have a very good technical reason for using anal swabs.
I am not sure why we are so horrified by the method if it is more effective.
It seems it is the method they use themselves, it is not done to embarrass us or anyone.

Perhaps we should do it that way ourselves.:sunglasses:

It's efficacy is disputed, and is not necessary for the majority of presenting patients.
Anal Swabs Aren't Best Way to Test for COVID-19

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I’d heard that the governments are a pain in the ***, but this is ridiculous

I’ll see myself out.