• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China says countering Dalai Lama is top ethnic priority in Tibet

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Given time.....China as a great capacity for truly believing its own propaganda

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I wonder if atheist China knows that spirituality is the key to internal happiness. They think of happiness too much as material progress.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Actually the official religion in China is listed as Atheism. However there are a lot of people openly practicing Buddhism, Taoism and Christianity that the government does not care about...just as long as they don't get in their face about it. or do said practice in the middle of main streets thereby blocking traffic and absolutely anything in Tiananmen is right out. That is the quickest way to get yourself arrested in Beijing these days.

But the Dalai Lama is a whole other issue, not so much a religion thing as much as it he is not accepting the party line (nor does he need to) and he is speaking out about what actually happened in Tibet, which goes against current Chinese Government propaganda. The Chinese have said they will pick the next Dalai Lama to which the Dalai Lama responded with I just might be the last Dalai Lama, I might not reincarnate again.