• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China Prepares To Invade Taiwan

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Edit...
This should've been in a different forum.
Oh, well....might as well leave it here.
It got frubed.

bugs.jpg

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
1. Neither the U.S. nor the U.N. recognize Tawain as being a country,
2, Few nations recognize Tawain as being a sovereign country.
3. The ROC is the remnant of an unfinished civil war with the PRC. The ROC fled to Tawain after being defeated on mainland China by the PRC.
4, China's and Tawain's Constitution stipulate they are together as "One China"

Taiwan is not a Country (even if you wish really hard)

Please let us agree to a diplomatic solution in order to resolve the ROC-PRC conflict whereby Taiwan is ceded to mainland China in 2049, this being the 100th year anniversary of the People's Republic of China's proclamation.

Will China/North Korea invade Taiwan/South Korea ? | Religious Forums
Based upon that ROC while being nowhere near to controlling mainland Chinese property is dangerously close to achieving de jure recognition of sovereignty of the island where it exists. It explains to me why China is pushing so hard right now to gain control of the island state of Taiwan.

PRC maintains de jure sovereignty through loans to smaller states around the world, attaching strings to those loans when they go into default. That could change if China defaults (which it will default and is defaulting on its own loans), and then it is in danger of losing the island which wants to be separate. China is losing its financial strength, entering into difficult times. If it loses de jure sovereignty over that island, it loses the island permanently. So if PRC does nothing and begins losing its influence around the world then ROC may be able to gain support for its dejure sovereignty.

Now USA involvement starts to become more interesting, as do N Korea's missile flyovers of Japan. The flyovers test our treaty with Japan. Japan wants to defend but is held back by treaty.

Maybe it is like a three gun standoff: If China (PRC) attacks Taiwan (ROC), then the US allies can consider this provocative enough to remove the Kims from power in N. Korea and take away their nukes. But if Japan strikes N. Korea first then China con consider it provocation enough to take Taiwan.

Shaul

Premium Member
I think China is just starting. They were producing low quality stuff until recently now they are competing with Apple. China gives it's people a lot of free civilian rights like free education, healthcare and most chinese people own houses. China has a lot of Gold and USD reserves has a lot of US bonds, a young and energetic population. It's ally Russia has energy sources. US has a lot of debt of course they can print more money but that would cause inflation. Probably USA is headed for stagflation. I know US dollar was gaining strength but I think it is temporary.

I don't claim to have great knowledge in economy and like I said I wish USA stays in power but it doesn't look good for USA and Europe.
Nope. One word, demographics. China is getting old before it has developed. Its average age is already higher than in the U.S. China is running out of people. Its population is already shrinking. (It officially says it hasn't yet but frankly it is lying) over the next decade over 300,000,000 people will leave its workforce and retire. But there aren't that many younger replacements. The number of working aged people is shrinking fast. Meanwhile its number of old people is ballooning. Fast. Increased social costs, reduced income, major disaster. Already the cost of labor in China is higher than in other countries such as Vietnam. China is already experiencing a real estate speculation bubble that is sending shock waves through its economy. There are also massive lockdowns due to Covid. Foreign investors are pulling out of China and trading partners are scrambling to find alternate sources for supply chains.

China’s population is about to shrink for the first time since the great famine struck 60 years ago. Here’s what it means for the world

Ponder This

It strikes me that China has a comprehensive plan to invade Taiway.
Before anyone calls me Captain Obvious....
This thread is just to discuss what everyone already knows.

In the news....
China Pairs Armed Robot Dogs With Drones That Can Drop Them Anywhere
This development appears designed specifically for invasion,
particularly in light of Chinese soldiers being sub-standard.
(I'm setting aside justification of that claim for the moment.)

China is regularly making threatening flights in Taiwan airspace.
This is designed to make Taiwan complacent about incursions,
so that when the real deal arrives, they'll be more off guard.

China is taking over the seas around it so that materiel &
military support for Taiwan is more difficult.

**** China. They're no better than Russia in their desire
to expand their empire by violent means against peaceful
countries.

A truth is unspoken, but a lie is loudly announced.
President Xi was too vocal in his assertions over Taiwan.
The result is that the claim over Taiwan has been made weak by President Xi.

The symptom betrays the cause.
The invasion of Taiwan airspace occurs because of the fear of losing control of Taiwan.
This, in turn, drives Taiwan further away from China.

Maybe 10 or 20 years ago, China could've conquered Taiwan. Now it could be as foolish as Putin's invasion of Ukraine. Taiwan would receive all sorts of support. Maybe they shouldn't have let Putin beta test invasion? On the other hand, how could they have known it would go so badly for Russia?

lukethethird

unknown member

China Prepares To Invade Taiwan

Blah blah blah. Mainstream media, blah blah blah. It couldn't be the US provoking China to invade Taiwan, no never, don't be silly.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It all really comes down to who wins the 2024 presidential election...if it is Huo Yu-ih we shall see what China does then.... I'm thinking at that point they do nothing, except posture and complain....if any others win, it is hard to say

lukethethird

unknown member
Americans pointing fingers at Russia and China as if, and all the while cheerleading for their military industrial complex while being fed narratives by their mainstream media. Talk about comic book ideology, fighting for truth justice and the American way, what a farce.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Americans pointing fingers at Russia and China as if, and all the while cheerleading for their military industrial complex ....
Wow....In just one sentence, we have whataboutism and a conspiracy theory.
To not see China's massive military build-up, conquest in Tibet & the S China
Sea,& repeated military exercises near Taiwan would require shade-14 welding
goggles. Why are you carrying China's water?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
How could you doubt this face

xi-jinping-attends-a-session-during-the-g20-summit-on-nov-16-photographer-willy-kurniawan-getty-images.jpg

And his Pal
1684711791534.jpeg

lukethethird

unknown member
China's so called "massive military build-up" within China, wow, that sure is something to get worked up about.

Audie

Veteran Member
Based upon that ROC while being nowhere near to controlling mainland Chinese property is dangerously close to achieving de jure recognition of sovereignty of the island where it exists. It explains to me why China is pushing so hard right now to gain control of the island state of Taiwan.

PRC maintains de jure sovereignty through loans to smaller states around the world, attaching strings to those loans when they go into default. That could change if China defaults (which it will default and is defaulting on its own loans), and then it is in danger of losing the island which wants to be separate. China is losing its financial strength, entering into difficult times. If it loses de jure sovereignty over that island, it loses the island permanently. So if PRC does nothing and begins losing its influence around the world then ROC may be able to gain support for its dejure sovereignty.

Now USA involvement starts to become more interesting, as do N Korea's missile flyovers of Japan. The flyovers test our treaty with Japan. Japan wants to defend but is held back by treaty.

Maybe it is like a three gun standoff: If China (PRC) attacks Taiwan (ROC), then the US allies can consider this provocative enough to remove the Kims from power in N. Korea and take away their nukes. But if Japan strikes N. Korea first then China con consider it provocation enough to take Taiwan.
Little has changed in 70 plus years.

Taiwan tho in the 80s stopped funding plans to
invade the mainland.