• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China Prepares To Invade Taiwan

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
1. Neither the U.S. nor the U.N. recognize Tawain as being a country,
Eeeeeehhhhhh, it's a bit more complicated than that. For all intents and purposes, Taiwan is treated as its own distinct state, they just don't say it because it would cause problems with China to acknowledge it. For example, they have an institute in Taiwan that fulfils all the functions of being an embassy, but they do not officially refer to it as an embassy.

2, Few nations recognize Tawain as being a sovereign country.
Again, this is eeeeeehhhhhh. There's a bit of difference between recognizing it AS a sovereign country and treating it as such for diplomatic reasons. Again, for all intents and purposes, it is treated as a separate state in almost every way by many countries, they just avoid saying it for diplomatic reasons.

3. The ROC is the remnant of an unfinished civil war with the PRC. The ROC fled to Tawain after being defeated on mainland China by the PRC.
This doesn't really mean anything with regards to Taiwan's desire for sovereignty. You cannot deny the founding of a state just because of a particular history.

4, China's and Tawain's Constitution stipulate they are together as "One China"
Again, eeeeeehhhhhhhhh. This was always a matter of interpretation of the CORPC as I don't believe the document makes any such explicit claims. I might need a bit more to source this, though.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I've been watching India's relationship with China.
And ya know what?
It's messy. I make no predictions.
i think it was on NPR that I heard both leaders were at a recent asian summit. Neither spoke to the other.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
It strikes me that China has a comprehensive plan to invade Taiway.
Before anyone calls me Captain Obvious....
This thread is just to discuss what everyone already knows.

In the news....
China Pairs Armed Robot Dogs With Drones That Can Drop Them Anywhere
This development appears designed specifically for invasion,
particularly in light of Chinese soldiers being sub-standard.
(I'm setting aside justification of that claim for the moment.)

China is regularly making threatening flights in Taiwan airspace.
This is designed to make Taiwan complacent about incursions,
so that when the real deal arrives, they'll be more off guard.

China is taking over the seas around it so that materiel &
military support for Taiwan is more difficult.

**** China. They're no better than Russia in their desire
to expand their empire by violent means against peaceful
countries.

Not saying they won't, and Xi said recently Taiwan wold be back to China before the end of his term. But understand, China is very good at intimidation and trying to get others to bend to their ways out of fear. But they are also all about their economy, which is not so good at the moment. A war with Taiwan and its allies would not be good for that economy. But I also feel the lack of Unity here in the US has emboldened them to do a few things they otherwise would not have done. Same goes for Russia and North Korea

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not saying they won't, and Xi said recently Taiwan wold be back to China before the end of his term. But understand, China is very good at intimidation and trying to get others to bend to their ways out of fear. But they are also all about their economy, which is not so good at the moment. A war with Taiwan and its allies would not be good for that economy. But I also feel the lack of Unity here in the US has emboldened them to do a few things they otherwise would not have done. Same goes for Russia and North Korea
If responses on RF are any indication, there is much
support worldwide for Russian & Chinese aggressive
empire expansion. Many see them as moral actors
defending the world against a decadent west.
To such people I say....Pbbbbbbbtttttttttt!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
If responses on RF are any indication, there is much
support worldwide for Russian & Chinese aggressive
empire expansion. Many see them as moral actors
defending the world against a decadent west.
To such people I say....Pbbbbbbbtttttttttt!

They can believe the spin doctors of Russia or China if they like...although those spin doctors have changed the story....drastically for a while now...to get around to the decadent west... (oh and the Corona virus is not from China....just ask XI, he'll tell you)

Frankly I think it is more like poking the bear (no pun intended).... and in this case...the bear just ain't responding like he use to...so...away we go to be empire builders...in the 21st century..... and I thought this empire building stuff was behind us.....now with Russia's annex land they "voted on"...if the Ukraine goes in to get the land back...now Russia can justify its aggression with...The Ukraine invaded us.... China has no real reason to take Taiwan...but I don't think that will stop Xi.... should he decide to invade.... understand Xi is a worshipper of Mao and trying real hard to emulate him whenever possible

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I miss some.
Care to repeat any (that aren't rhetorical)?
Never mind. :)
My question was an answer. The NATO (at least that's what I presume the NATO is) is supposed to work restlessly to favor negotiations between the contending parties (and between the belligerent parties in the Ukrainian conflict).
As far as I know, they are not doing it. Am I wrong?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Never mind. :)
My question was an answer. The NATO (at least that's what I presume the NATO is) is supposed to work restlessly to favor negotiations between the contending parties (and between the belligerent parties in the Ukrainian conflict).
As far as I know, they are not doing it. Am I wrong?
I don't know of any negotiations between NATO & Russia.
However, I do know that Russia attacked Ukraine, & is killing
many thousands while flattening buildings in cities. Ukraine
has not attacked Russia. In fact, Ukraine even gave Russia
all of its nuclear weapons....which Putin now threatens to
use against Ukraine.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I don't know of any negotiations between NATO & Russia.
However, I do know that Russia attacked Ukraine, & is killing
many thousands while flattening buildings in cities. Ukraine
has not attacked Russia. In fact, Ukraine even gave Russia
all of its nuclear weapons....which Putin now threatens to
use against Ukraine.
An example of negotiation: now that Russia annexed the territories, let there be peace among those countries.
The EU will help Ukraine rebuild the cities, whereas Russia will rebuild the annexed territories.

Shaul

Premium Member
I think a war between China and USA may be nearing. To simplify it according to the below video throughout history economical superpowers change and the change is always with war. USA is the current superpower but it is on the decline and the China is on the rise. China's economy is in better condition and they have a lot of youthful energy. I think USA doesn't have much to offer to the world anymore. There is a lot of corruption and degeneration in american culture for example look at Hollywood it is disgusting. Generally western men are getting weak and feminine, I don't say that there are studies showing that testosterone levels in the west are falling. Also the corporations are enslaving people both in and out of USA. I think either USA will correct it's ways or it will fall.

Of course I don't claim if China beats USA everything will change for the better. USA is the current devil, poisoning and enslaving world if it changes it will be another kind of evil. I would prefer USA stays on the power because it is the devil I know.

Actually I don't think either people of the USA or China is on the charge. In both countries there are a bunch of rich people who are in charge. Sometimes I think all of the world leaders made a secret agreement between themselves and they are playing with us making us fight with each other so that they can stay in power.

China has already peaked and the US is not in decline. So your analysis is wrong as are your extrapolations.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
An example of negotiation: now that Russia annexed the territories, let there be peace among those countries.
So, Russia - having conducted an illegal land grab and committed numerous war crimes - gets to annex sovereign Ukrainian territory with no repercussions whatsoever?

How about this for an example of negotiation: Russia stops its illegal activities, retreats to its borders, and restores the sovereignty of the Ukrainian lands it invaded without provocation.

Shaul

Premium Member
Please keep in mind the U.S. depends on China for their rare Earth elements we need for batteries and solar panels. Furthermore, the Chinese Liberation Army very well might be in an advantageous position of strength over their opposition to them occupying Taiwan.
China depends on us far more than we depend on them. There are alternatives to the Chinese rare earth metals. China would quickly fail if not for the "pax Americana" and the global markets the US created and controls. The US can destroy China whenever it chooses to do so.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Given that the annexation is by violent conquest,
& is recognized only by the aggressor, for Ukraine
to simply give up isn't negotiation. It's capitulation.
The EU will help Ukraine rebuild the cities, whereas Russia will rebuild the annexed territories.
Better yet to kill the Russian invaders,
& then rebuild Ukraine.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
So, Russia - having conducted an illegal land grab and committed numerous war crimes - gets to annex sovereign Ukrainian territory with no repercussions whatsoever?

How about this for an example of negotiation: Russia stops its illegal activities, retreats to its borders, and restores the sovereignty of the Ukrainian lands it annexed.
Speaking of Taiwan, is the NATO doing anything to favor peace between the two parties?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Given that the annexation is by violent conquest,
& is recognized only by the aggressor, for Ukraine
to simply give up isn't negotiation. It's capitulation.

Better yet to kill the Russian invaders,
& then rebuild Ukraine.

It's as if Luxemburg had some chances to defeat Germany in a war.
I want peace. I am confident Ukraine will accept to negotiate.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Speaking of Taiwan, is the NATO doing anything to favor peace between the two parties?
NATO exist as an alliance between countries in the North Atlantic (hence the name). They don't have an agreement with either Taiwan or China.

This is kind of like asking why the British Territorial Army doesn't get involved in the drug wars in Bangladesh.