• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

China cracks down on marxists

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
One of the worst things you can do in China is to be a dedicated Marxist especially if you're a student. This has been in the Western media for a while. Today I noticed this story which reminded me that we should just call China a dictatorship and avoid 'communist' and 'marxist' because they're not really that any longer.

‘If I disappear’: Chinese students make farewell messages amid crackdowns over labor activism

Qiu’s offense? He was the leader of the Marxist student association at the elite Peking University, a communist of conscience who defied the Communist Party of China.
And its rebellious young Marxists were doing something particularly embarrassing: They were standing up for disenfranchised workers against the state.
“The Communist Party knows there is no greater threat than a movement that links students with the lower class,” Hu said by telephone. “They’re looking at a reflection of their early revolutionary selves.”

dingdao

The eternal Tao cannot be told - Tao Te Ching
One of the worst things you can do in China is to be a dedicated Marxist especially if you're a student. This has been in the Western media for a while. Today I noticed this story which reminded me that we should just call China a dictatorship and avoid 'communist' and 'marxist' because they're not really that any longer.

‘If I disappear’: Chinese students make farewell messages amid crackdowns over labor activism

Qiu’s offense? He was the leader of the Marxist student association at the elite Peking University, a communist of conscience who defied the Communist Party of China.
And its rebellious young Marxists were doing something particularly embarrassing: They were standing up for disenfranchised workers against the state.
“The Communist Party knows there is no greater threat than a movement that links students with the lower class,” Hu said by telephone. “They’re looking at a reflection of their early revolutionary selves.”
It's not a Marxist / Communist thing, it's a Dictator thing. He would have been abducted under Stalin.

charlie sc

China was never a communist state. Anything remotely communist or Marxist stands up against any kind of dictatorship, despotism or capitalism.

atanu

Premium Member
China was never a communist state. Anything remotely communist or Marxist stands up against any kind of dictatorship, despotism or capitalism.

I think that even if what you say is correct it is only theoretical. And then what about dictatorship of the proletariat — the stated way?

charlie sc

I think that even if what you say is correct it is only theoretical.
Communism is theoretical, but Marxism is an ideology.

And then what about dictatorship of the proletariat — the stated way?
Marx specifically said in either the communist manifesto or critique of the gotha program that the dictatorship of the proletariat will have to be removed as well.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It will be interesting if we cam get something that actually resembles Marxist Communism out of this. Probably not, but it would be nice.
specifically said in either the communist manifesto or critique of the Gotha program that the dictatorship of the proletariat will have to be removed as well.
I don't think he mentioned the dictatorship of the proletariat in the Manifesto (more than the state would be the bulwark of the proletariat), but he did advocate for the gradual decommissioning and abolishment of the state.

atanu

Premium Member
Communism is theoretical, but Marxism is an ideology.

Marx specifically said in either the communist manifesto or critique of the gotha program that the dictatorship of the proletariat will have to be removed as well.

Yes. Eventually. But it will be there as a method.