• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Children less likely than adults to get COVID 19

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That's good. Let it kill off all the old folks. We're not that valuable anyway.
We ought to start having classes in convalescent/old folks' homes.
Imagine all of the money it'll save the government.

Win/win.
and social security writes 400,000 new check every year

exchemist

Veteran Member
There are other studies and articles I have seen regarding these things. Some even discuss the circumstances in Denmark. All the studies I have seen say two things, 1) more study is needed (wow, right?) and that young children do not transmit it to others. I hesitate to cite volumes of references.
Just one would do, if you have one. I'd be most interested to read more about this - it seems to be quite a key issue.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Do children spread coronavirus? What doctors say about going back to school

FTA: “Evidence suggests that children are not as susceptible as adults to COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus. Even among those who have been infected, it's relatively rare for children to develop serious complications or require hospitalization.”
I don't expect you're interested in listening to reason, but for the benefit of anyone else who's considering taking you seriously:

There's a difference between COVID-19 (the disease) and SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes the disease). The virus has started to be called "the COVID-19 virus" as a shorthand, but not everyone infected with SARS-CoV-2 will contract the syndrome - i.e. set of symptoms - that meets the clinical definition of COVID-19.

This article isn't saying that children can't catch the virus or can't pass it on to others; it's saying they're less likely to develop severe symptoms.

... and people with COVID-19 who are asymptomatic, presymptomatic, or have mild symptoms are a major factor in the spread of the disease.

TLDR: @Shaul is being very selective about what he's telling you to the point of being very misleading. Don't fall for it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
oh oh...but then I read the articles....

picture the situation this way....
in a small town like mine.....20 beds at the hospital for ICU

if 200 people show up gasping for air.......CRISIS!

and it would be

but the remaining 29,800 people feel nothing
nothing at all

I hear reports day by day......omg
what will we do!!!!!!

I say.....take your vitamins
stop eating junk food
your chemistry IS your fortress
Wear a mask and keep your distance also.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
fine....and yes I do
more so than others around me

but I will always insist
the mask is greatly superficial

I understand the limitations
and Covid doesn't care
The mask keeps your spittle (microdroplets) from reaching other peoples' air passages. Other peoples' masks keeps their spittle away from reaching your air passages.
It's pretty basic. Add in some social distancing, and you're even better.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
The mask keeps your spittle (microdroplets) from reaching other peoples' air passages. Other peoples' masks keeps their spittle away from reaching your air passages.
It's pretty basic. Add in some social distancing, and you're even better.
check out the joke section.....Thief Has Gone Viral

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
"Doing their part" in lowering the risk of infection would include wearing masks, wouldn't it?

Depends on the person's situation and how she makes sense of the issue. She may not wear mask but she may find social distancing work better. Depends on the person. Our opinions really don't take into account the other person's point of view and context.

Tambourine

Depends on the person's situation and how she makes sense of the issue. She may not wear mask but she may find social distancing work better. Depends on the person. Our opinions really don't take into account the other person's point of view and context.
In what situations would you say social distancing is enough in terms of preventative measures?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
In what situations would you say social distancing is enough in terms of preventative measures?

If you're not close to a person, you can't spread the disease. I'd say quarantine is the best option with the washing of the hands etc to kill germs, social distancing the next best since you're not near a person to catch the virus, and masks if push comes to shove so I guess you won't inhale someone else's air if you happen to be close enough you can't go anywhere else.

Of course they are both preventative measures. I just find if you're not near the person, you can't spread viruses.

Tambourine

If you're not close to a person, you can't spread the disease. I'd say quarantine is the best option with the washing of the hands etc to kill germs, social distancing the next best since you're not near a person to catch the virus, and masks if push comes to shove so I guess you won't inhale someone else's air if you happen to be close enough you can't go anywhere else.

Of course they are both preventative measures. I just find if you're not near the person, you can't spread viruses.
Do you think it is likely for a person to absolutely never come into contact with another human being in their everyday life?

I would think that, at the very least, shopping for groceries would tend to be unavoidable for most people.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Do you think it is likely for a person to absolutely never come into contact with another human being in their everyday life?

I would think that, at the very least, shopping for groceries would tend to be unavoidable for most people.

I guess it depends on populace environment. Like here, unless it's maybe Black Friday, people are usually not near each other (or long enough) to be affected by most anything unless a person may have symptoms of a virus or something they touched or something like that. It's a risk of being out in public. We just take that risk of getting other people's illnesses for granted. Just by being near people doesn't do anything. Masks decrease the risk not prevent it.

I see what you're saying. I just watch people walk around in their masks and wonder if we did this before, would we have prevented other viruses just the same. I mean, one lady literally jumped back from me when I forgot I can't get close to people when showing them information to find a book at the bookstore. I can see if I sneezed or whatever, but not from just being around me. But she didn't know. People feel others and themselves are automatically asymptomatic in such a short time period. I see masks is a good control for people's fears (to the general public). Nothing wrong with it. It's an interesting observation. I just hope it doesn't get to wear everyone will start wearing shields and being ten feet from people because they are scared others will touch them.