• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chicken Kabsa!

Ellen Brown

I've been making Middle Eastern Kabsa for years and finally I got some Saffron!

Having leftover Kabsa tonight. Why does food taste better the second time around? Good recipes are on the Internet. Don't be cheap, get some Saffron. $15 worth of it will season 2 or 3 batches of it. I like the Saudi Recipe. Next time I may do Goat Kabsa?

It is easy to cook but you need all the spices. It took me a week to find them, being faithful to the recipe. I didn't do any substitutions this time around. The Butter, Onion and Garlic were easy to do, thought this time I forgot and over did the onions.

You could probably use breast, but I used dark meat. Saudis just throw in a whole cut up Chicken. I used canned Tomato Paste and cut up and roasted Tomato. When I threw in all the spices, I wondered what would happen? I half expected an explosion of flame. :) I was lazy and used a shredder to do the Carrots.

Then came the rice and water and raisins. Standing there wondering... I can't smell because I only have half a nose internally. My girlfriend said it smelled devine.

The Middle Easterners spread it on a big platter, then put romaine lettuce on top with some Lime Vinaigrette. Oops, I forgot to add Lime to the Vinaigrette.

Yummmm !!!