1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chick-Full-of-Hate caught pretending to be a teenage girl, then denies it

Discussion in 'General Debates' started by LeftishBritInPA, Jul 27, 2012.

1. LeftishBritInPA

Ratings:
    +18
    Did Chick-fil-A Pretend to Be a Teenage Girl on Facebook? (Updated)

I thought lying was unbiblical. What we have here it seems is basically a bunch of holier-than-thou types trying to go after one segment of the population but then resorting to dirty tricks when things don't go their way.

They are nothing but a bunch of bullies and the government should step in at this point. Having views is one thing but acting on them and donating to bigoted political organizations is something else. Then your action becomes not just a thought but an action aimed at desabilizing society.

False advertising is also a pretty big crime, too.

2. Shuddhasattva

Shuddhasattva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +298
    Shrill liberal hysterics. There. I said it.

3. Mestemia

Mestemia Advocatus Diaboli
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,893
    Religion:
    not a theist
    and here I thought Chik-fil-a was rather conservative....

4. CaptainXeroid

CaptainXeroid Following Christ

Ratings:
    +751
    The folks at Chick-fil-A said they support traditional marriage and that they respect customers and employees. The only source of 'hate' comes from the anti Chick-fil-A bullies who refer to anyone who dares to disagree with them as 'bigots'.

Lying is not biblical, and there is no evidence anyone at Chick-fil-A had anything to do with this FaceBook account. Suggesting that they did is a dishonest and cowardly way to approach the subject, but then gizmodo is some kind of entertainment not a true news source.

#4 CaptainXeroid, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Heathen Hammer

Heathen Hammer Nope, you're still wrong

Ratings:
    +187
    Well, and from Chick-fil-a for it's anti-gay bias :D

6. LeftishBritInPA

Ratings:
    +18
    Hate is Hate. There's no room for debate on issues such as these.

If Chick-fil-hate was in business 150 years ago they would have been defending slavery and probably using slaves in the back.

If they were in business 50 years ago they would have been defending racists who said that only same-race marriage is legal.

We are not calling them bigots because they disagree but because they give money to extremist organizations that deny equality to others based on their self-identity. I believe you are making a false equivalence. In other words, your defense mechanism is showing.

7. freethinker44

freethinker44 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,151
    Since you are defending them, the only logical conclusion I can come to is that you are really a fake user created by chick-fil-a in a rather lame attempt to salvage your company image. To that I say: :facepalm: Really chick-fil-a? This is the best you can do?

The fact that you joined in 2004 and have over 4000 posts is beside the point and quite frankly, questions the validity of my argument greatly. Therefore, I will ignore this part and hope that everyone else has the good decency to do the same.

#7 freethinker44, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  8. -Peacemaker-

-Peacemaker- .45 Cal

Ratings:
    +166
    Religion:
    Evangelicalism
    The people trying to justify everything homosexual are going to have to learn to disagree with people without resorting to manipulation and intimidation through accusations of "bigotry". If their lifestyle indeed a sin, Chick-fil-a is the only one with enough integrity to speak the truth about it.

9. freethinker44

freethinker44 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,151
    But if it's not a sin, then they are just being dicks.

There is a thin, blurry line between judging someone and being an *******.

10. Naragdaban

Naragdaban Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'll keep eating there because I like their food, and because it's the closest restaurant to where I work.

We do live in interesting times. Up is down, left is right, black is white, day is night. Things aren't what they used to be anymore.

By the way, this whole thing seems like a false flag. Anybody could create an account on facebook. And it's hard to believe that a multi-million dollar company, with a sophisticated PR team could make such a mistake as using a stock photo. Why not just get one of the employees to take a picture?

I would wager that it is one of the left-wing extremists who are lying, not Chick-Fil-A.

#10 Naragdaban, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  11. Riverwolf

Riverwolf Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,285
    Religion:
    Anglo-Saxon(esque) Heathenry
    Even looking at the way that article is worded shows that it's anything but a trustworthy source for news.

Though, it's likely not a group of left-wing extremists, but one person's hasty conclusion. Again, the wording seems to point to that.

12. Naragdaban

Naragdaban Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Looking at that picture, it looks like the conversation took place within the space of less than two hours. It's quite possible that Robert. Now, facebook's Chick-Fil-A page has more than 5 million subscribers.

I think a page that active would have lit up with comments and arguments like a Christmas tree in two hours, if it was true. I have a small business with about 2,000 subscribers on facebook and after posting we quickly get anywhere from a dozen to 50 or 60 comments from all corners. Instead, we have basically two people having a conversation. This means that the conversation is likely photoshopped, OR that the supposed "PR" representative and "Robert R" are one and the same.

13. LeftishBritInPA

Ratings:
    +18
    Ever hear of Occam's Razor?

14. Revoltingest

Revoltingest I have the kavorka
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +66,133
    Religion:
    Atheist
    The OP is doing quite a service for those who claim that the left is more intolerant & hate filled than they care to admit.

#14 Revoltingest, Jul 28, 2012
  15. 4consideration

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,909

16. Father Heathen

Father Heathen Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +19,711
    Does it make sense to be tolerant toward intolerance? Does it make sense to pretend that irrational and unsubstantiated views are worthy of respect?

17. Revoltingest

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +66,133
    Religion:
    Atheist
    If one doesn't tolerate intolerance, then one becomes intolerant too.
    What the above absurdity suggests is that we're dealing with some pretty flexible words.
    Instead, we should focus upon what is happening, & what an appropriate response is.
    If a company's owner expresses a view which we don't like, yet does nothing illegal or
    directly harmful, then a heavy handed illegal governmental response is an even greater
    offense. In this case, I suggest that anyone really offended by the comments should politely
    express their displeasure when eating there, or simply not eat there at all.

All religious views are irrational. So whaddaya expect?
    I do what I can to assure fundies that gays are no threat, & I get better results with civility & friendship.

#17 Revoltingest, Jul 28, 2012
  18. Father Heathen

Father Heathen Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +19,711
    How exactly are traditional marriages threatened by gay marriages?

Nope.

Brenda Honeycutt, Former Chick-Fil-A Employee, Sues Restaurant Over Gender Discrimination

To deny others equality, rights and freedom is indeed unjust and bigoted.

19. Revoltingest

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +66,133
    Religion:
    Atheist
    To deny building permits is unjust & bigoted too. Yet many on the left support this kind of thuggish behavior.
    Would it be appropriate to lobby to have Ben & Jerry's denied building permits for any planned expansion because
    they support a movement which would deny legal rights to Chick-fil-A? Where does it all end....using government
    to punish people for expressing beliefs we disagree with?

20. Chisti

Chisti Active Member

Ratings:
    +42
    To deny building permits to bigots is a good thing to do ... it will teach them a lesson.