• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Chicago Billboard Urges Catholics to 'Value Children Over Dogma' and Quit Church"

JChnsc19

Does it matter if priests are a higher or lower percentage or whatever? Isn’t 1 priest or 1 holy leader 1 too many???? Seriously

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Does it matter if priests are a higher or lower percentage or whatever? Isn’t 1 priest or 1 holy leader 1 too many???? Seriously
Yes, I agree, but please realize that it's not just the RCC that has abuse as a problem with some clergy. My old Protestant church had an issue with our associate pastor with this, for example.

JChnsc19

Yes, I agree, but please realize that it's not just the RCC that has abuse as a problem with some clergy. My old Protestant church had an issue with our associate pastor with this, for example.
1 is too many for any child, I don’t care what monster of a holy leader it is perpetrating it. 1 is too many be it by the hands of a holy man or not.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
1 is too many for any child, I don’t care what monster of a holy leader it is perpetrating it. 1 is too many be it by the hands of a holy man or not.
Since there's more than one such case by government workers here in the States, are you going to condemn the country as well?

No matter how you try and portray it, it is literally evil to blame all leaders in any organization for the actions of a few, and one doesn't even have to have any religious background whatsoever to know that.

JChnsc19

Since there's more than one such case by government workers here in the States, are you going to condemn the country as well?

No matter how you try and portray it, it is literally evil to blame all leaders in any organization for the actions of a few, and one doesn't even have to have any religious background whatsoever to know that.
Well it’s a good thing I said be it by the hands of a holy man or not huh?