• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chew On This, Creationists

sooda

Veteran Member
Yeah all because it destroys everything.

As post #1 pointed out all are liberal Democrats and not one of them being Republicans.

So what you have is
Anything that goes against God, Democrats support it.

Anything that supports God, Republicans are for it.

Do you think God objects to education? He did give us brains after all.

dfnj

Darwin awards are funny. Social Darwinism is scary and immoral in my opinion.

Social Darwinism - Wikipedia

Unless you are forgiving of other people's imperfections you will never experience someone else's beauty and genius.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Unless you are forgiving of other people's imperfections you will never experience someone else's beauty and genius.
On the next Darwin Day, in his memory and for his birthday, we sorely and desperately need to remove "Darwin" from Social Darwinism as it has absolutely nothing to do with natural selection, any of Darwin's works, Darwin's views on how morality evolved and what that meanss for social creatures (which is the opposite of what "Social Darwinism" promotes and believes), or Darwin's views in general.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Funny how those same republicans also realise that they need to hire "evolutionists" who will tell them where they can go to drill for oil.

Such republicans are YECs until money is involved.
Good point. After all, they don't find oil by assuming it's formed in just a few thousand years. Of course that doesn't detract from them being YECs, but all of their new oil is dependent upon the assumption it formed from things that died millions and billions of years ago.
It would be an interesting study to see if this discrepancy is acknowledged or not, and if it is what mental gymnastics are employed to overcome the cognitive dissonance.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Social Darwinism is not Darwinism. Adopting a name makes it easy to confuse gullible people with little or no understanding of evolution while attempting to give the discredited cause of the racism of eugenics some credibility.

Faithofchristian

facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

Well it's evidence and plain to see, that you, yourself have no clue or idea that there two types of Christians in the world

You take all Christians and group them all into one group of Christians.

Unto which plainly shows that you have no clue or idea Which Christian is which.

As I always find it amazing how people can make fun of someone else,
But all the while they themselves have no clue or idea which Christian is which.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Well it's evidence and plain to see, that you, yourself have no clue or idea that there two types of Christians in the world

You take all Christians and group them all into one group of Christians.

Unto which plainly shows that you have no clue or idea Which Christian is which.

As I always find it amazing how people can make fun of someone else,
But all the while they themselves have no clue or idea which Christian is which.

There are at least 50,000 types of christians in the world, they mostly believe that the way they interpret the particular version of the bible they favour to be correct and all the others are wrong. Very few sects will accept that other sects are as christian as they are.

This of course is a mockery of christian so called teaching. Matthew 7:1-5 comes to mind, and of course the commandment "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor"

So which type of christian are you? The type who accepts those who believe they are christian are christian or the type that goes against bible teaching and judges others?

Faithofchristian

There are at least 50,000 types of christians in the world, they mostly believe that the way they interpret the particular version of the bible they favour to be correct and all the others are wrong. Very few sects will accept that other sects are as christian as they are.

This of course is a mockery of christian so called teaching. Matthew 7:1-5 comes to mind, and of course the commandment "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor"

So which type of christian are you? The type who accepts those who believe they are christian are christian or the type that goes against bible teaching and judges others?

What you have is, Those Christians you follow the teachings of man's.

And those Christians who follow the teachings of Christ Jesus.

As Christ Jesus condemned the teachings of man's in Matthew 15:7-9.
"
7--"You hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,

8--"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9--"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"

There you have it in Verse 9, Christ Jesus condemning the teachings of man's.

Now as to why would I want to follow man's teachings, Seeing that Christ Jesus condemned man's teachings.

Also in Matthew 24:4-5
4--"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5--"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many"

Notice in verse 4, Christ Jesus saying, let no man deceive you,
Now many people are being deceived by the teachings of man's.

Notice in verse 5, Christ Jesus saying,
For many shall come in my name,
Who else besides Christians professes to come in the name of Christ.

Then Jesus said, ( saying I am Christ and shall deceive many.

If you take Christian and abbreviated it,
It becomes Christian = Christ
Christ = Christian

Therefore many Christians shall come professing to come in the name of Christ, but they are the false Christians.
To deceive many people by the teachings of man's.

ChristineM

Premium Member

"

8--"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9--"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men"

Now as to why would I want to follow man's teachings, Seeing that Christ Jesus condemned man's teachings.

5--"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many"

Christ = Christian

Therefore many Christians shall come professing to come in the name of Christ, but they are the false Christians.

I see verse 4-5 as implying others will come and claim to be him. Nothing to do with christianity but about impersonation, there have been many.
List of people claimed to be Jesus - Wikipedia
Of course mine understanding is just the literal reading of the bible as it was written, not the manipulation to suite my sensibilities.

So you see no contradiction in judging others despite the bible being quite specific. Can i therefore assume you are of the group who cherry picks from the bible so you can condemn the type of christians you dont approve of? Is that the case?

Interpretation seems to be a very christian thing to do and one of the reasons that christianity is fragmented into so many sects.

Nope, christian is a follower of the christian chruch and its teachings, (no matter how they interpret those teachings) and/or a person who has been baptised in christianity
Christ is the man who may or may not have lived and takes up just 15% of the christian bible.
So the abbreviation falls down dramatically.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

"

Christ = Christian

Isn't it funny how everyone dividing Christians into 'good Christians' and 'bad Christians' always puts themselves in the 'good' category?

The books that are in the Bible were chosen by what you would label 'bad Christians'. They chose those books for their own political power. So you are basing your belief system on the choices made by these 'bad Christians'.

How do I know they were bad? Because after they got power, they immediately went out to kill off all the *other* Christians who disagreed with them. Look at the history of the Arian Christians sometime.

There are no 'true' Christians. Not even Jesus would be considered one if he were alive today.

Faithofchristian

I see verse 4-5 as implying others will come and claim to be him. Nothing to do with christianity but about impersonation, there have been many.
List of people claimed to be Jesus - Wikipedia
Of course mine understanding is just the literal reading of the bible as it was written, not the manipulation to suite my sensibilities.

So you see no contradiction in judging others despite the bible being quite specific. Can i therefore assume you are of the group who cherry picks from the bible so you can condemn the type of christians you dont approve of? Is that the case?

Interpretation seems to be a very christian thing to do and one of the reasons that christianity is fragmented into so many sects.

Nope, christian is a follower of the christian chruch and its teachings, (no matter how they interpret those teachings) and/or a person who has been baptised in christianity
Christ is the man who may or may not have lived and takes up just 15% of the christian bible.
So the abbreviation falls down dramatically.

First of all, do you know what Spiritual discernment is.

"But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him, Neither can he know them, because they are Spiritually discerned" 1 Corinthians 2:14

Well there you go not understanding that Christ Jesus is spoken about throughout the bible.
As you can go from the book of Genesis to the last book of the Bible, Revelation and Christ Jesus being spoken about.

So how is it that you say that Christ Jesus as being spoken about only 15% of the bible.
When Christ Jesus is spoken about 100% of the bible, Unto which the whole bible is about Christ Jesus.

You only show how limited your understanding of the Bible really is.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
First of all, do you know what Spiritual discernment is.

It is interpreting the Bible in the same way as the speaker.

"But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him, Neither can he know them, because they are Spiritually discerned" 1 Corinthians 2:14

Isn't that convenient? You have to believe to have evidence. Sort of a catch-22, isn't it?

Well there you go not understanding that Christ Jesus is spoken about throughout the bible.
As you can go from the book of Genesis to the last book of the Bible, Revelation and Christ Jesus being spoken about.

So how is it that you say that Christ Jesus as being spoken about only 15% of the bible.
When Christ Jesus is spoken about 100% of the bible, Unto which the whole bible is about Christ Jesus.

Well, that's *your* interpretation. Others differ in theirs with their version of 'spiritual discernment'.

You only show how limited your understanding of the Bible really is.

Different isn't the same as limited.

Faithofchristian

Isn't it funny how everyone dividing Christians into 'good Christians' and 'bad Christians' always puts themselves in the 'good' category?

The books that are in the Bible were chosen by what you would label 'bad Christians'. They chose those books for their own political power. So you are basing your belief system on the choices made by these 'bad Christians'.

How do I know they were bad? Because after they got power, they immediately went out to kill off all the *other* Christians who disagreed with them. Look at the history of the Arian Christians sometime.

There are no 'true' Christians. Not even Jesus would be considered one if he were alive today.

Nope not at all, if a person had knowledge and understanding, how to Spiritually discerned the things that are given by the Spirit of God.

"But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them, Because they are Spiritually discerned" 1 Corinthians 2:14.

Do you know the difference between man's teachings and the teachings of Christ Jesus.
As people shows themselves of not knowing the difference between the true and false Christians.

A real Christian does not go about Attacking people, unless they are Attack first.
Which is called defending yourself against people attacking you first.

When someone attacks me for no reason , then I have every right to defend myself against such attack.

But to go out attacking people for no reason, That's forbidden by Christ Jesus.
As there is no where in the New Testament that Christ Jesus tells his people to go out attacking people for no reason.

As Christ Jesus plainly said, do not attack without a cause.

Matthew 5:22--" But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire"

Therefore it is forbidden for a Christian to attack anyone without a cause.

Therefore if a person comes to attack me, then I have the right to pick up a big club and beat them in the head.
All because they gave me a cause to fight them back.