• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chew On This, Creationists

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
According to Richard Dawkins evolution leads to Atheism.
I've never heard of or read Richard Dawkins stating this. The closest I've read is him saying that evolution made it "possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist", or something to that effect, never that evolution necessarily leads to atheism.

Atheism is a religion
No, it isn't.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
My question is this, in all that you posted above so here's what you posted above

[ "For the past several years, a member of Congress has introduced a resolution in the House to honor Charles Darwin on his birthday. Rep. Pete Stark (D-CA) did it in 2011, Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ) did it in 2013 and 2014, and Rep. Jim Himes (D-CT) has done it in the years since. Himes just did it again today, introducing the resolution, officially known as House Resolution 123. It designates “February 12, 2019, as ‘Darwin Day’ and [recognizes] the importance of science in the betterment of humanity.” The bill had a companion in the Senate, with Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) sponsoring S. Res. 63, which is not publicly available yet. (He has sponsored similar resolutions since 2015.]

How is it in all that is being said above not one of them is a Republican how is that and why is that, do you have any clue or idea Why that is.
That not one being a Republican ?

Democrats are those in the most part do not believe in Creation. That's why there are all democrats in supporting Charles Darwin theory of Evolution.

Anything that God is against, Democrats supports, anything Democrats supports, God is against.

Where as Republicans believe in Creation, That's why there are no Republicans in the supporting Charles Darwin theory of Evolution.

As it doesn't take much to figure that out, seeing how they are all democrats in the above statement that you posted.

Therefore for any Christian that is a Christian will not have no part of Democrats, seeing how everything Democrats support, God stands against.
So if a Christian claims to be a democrat, then God stands against them.
Tired strawmen are tired. Find some new material.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
According to Richard Dawkins
Weren't you complaining about appeals to authority just recently?
Atheism is a religion and so evolution should be banned in every school due to separation of church and state.....
Ha ha, nice attempt. Oh wait, no it wasn't, it was artless and overwrought. *Said the perfectly orthodox Catholic evolutionist*

Faithofchristian

Tired strawmen are tired. Find some new material.

Yeah all because it destroys everything.

As post #1 pointed out all are liberal Democrats and not one of them being Republicans.

So what you have is
Anything that goes against God, Democrats support it.

Anything that supports God, Republicans are for it.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I've never heard of or read Richard Dawkins stating this. The closest I've read is him saying that evolution made it "possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist", or something to that effect, never that evolution necessarily leads to atheism.

No, it isn't.

I think what he really means, is that Dawkins once said in some interview that learning about and understand evolution was "one of many" things that made him abbandon his religious beliefs and become atheist. Because what evolution theory does, is literally explain how you can get the "birds and the trees and humans", without any type of intervention by any agent.

When scientific theory upon scientific theory makes gods obsolete within that particular scope of reality, then the things attributed to god are ever shrinking. To the point that there's nothing left for gods to do.

So in short.... Dawkins never said "evolution leads to atheism".
What he actually said was "understanding evolution contributed to me eventually turning atheist".

So, however he phrased it, he was talking about his own personal experience.
As I said, there are other biologists out there, well-respected too, who walk away with the exact opposite feeling. Who feel like evolution theory actuall adds to the "majesty" of the god they believe in.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I think what he really means, is that Dawkins once said in some interview that learning about and understand evolution was "one of many" things that made him abbandon his religious beliefs and become atheist. Because what evolution theory does, is literally explain how you can get the "birds and the trees and humans", without any type of intervention by any agent.

When scientific theory upon scientific theory makes gods obsolete within that particular scope of reality, then the things attributed to god are ever shrinking. To the point that there's nothing left for gods to do.
I think that's what he meant when he said it made it possible to be "intellectually fulfilled" as an atheist; not that it necessarily lead him to atheism directly, but more that it allowed him to answer a difficult question that, otherwise, he would struggle with from an atheistic perspective.

So in short.... Dawkins never said "evolution leads to atheism".
What he actually said was "understanding evolution contributed to me eventually turning atheist".

So, however he phrased it, he was talking about his own personal experience.
As I said, there are other biologists out there, well-respected too, who walk away with the exact opposite feeling. Who feel like evolution theory actuall adds to the "majesty" of the god they believe in.
Yeah, and that's a perspective I see very rarely being expressed on these forums, which I find a little disappointing. I've said it before, I find the idea of a God creating the Universe with what appears to him to be a simple thought that translates, on our scale, to be a billions-of-years-long biological process to be profoundly more inspiring than a God who had to render life like an rainy-day Lego project. But human cognitive bias is hard to overcome, and I think people prefer to idealize a God who is easier to comprehend; so God becomes less of a nigh-incomprehensible, cosmic entity of unimaginable scope whose views and actions translate to eons of physical forces and interactions on a Universal scale, and more of a... friendly builder.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Yeah, and that's a perspective I see very rarely being expressed on these forums, which I find a little disappointing.

Indeed, it's quite curious.

I watched this "debate" once between an atheist biologist and a YEC.
Eventhough the dude was atheist, I think he had quite an interesting angle.

He presented the audience with the idea of 2 engineers making the same machine but through different methods.

The first one manually creates the building blocks, assembles them into the various parts and then manually assembles them into the machine.

The second engineer creates the most basic building blocks (atoms) with certain properties (chemistry) and then puts them in a controlled environment (the universe) in which certain laws operate (physics).
He then steps back and watches his machine self assemble!

The question then is: which engineer is most impressive here?
Which engineer would YOU hire?

Interesting angle indeed!
I agree with him. The engineer who makes a self-assembling machine is loads more impressive then the one that does it "old school".

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
According to Richard Dawkins evolution leads to Atheism. Atheism is a religion and so evolution should be banned in every school due to separation of church and state.....
Only for him. Atheism is a lack of belief in regards to a single claim. As pointed out, atheists can and do believe all kinds of other things, with no two atheists being and/or thinking exactly alike. For instance, I personally don't believe that acceptance of evolution leads to atheism. I'm sure there are many things I disagree with Dawkins about, and other atheists as well.

Q: "Is atheism the logical extension of believing in evolution?"

A:"They clearly can't be irrevocably linked because a very large number of theologians believe in evolution. In fact, any respectable theologian of the Catholic or Anglican or any other sensible church believes in evolution. Similarly, a very large number of evolutionary scientists are also religious. My personal feeling is that understanding evolution led me to atheism.
The Problem with God: Interview with Richard Dawkins

Can you explain how Richard Dawkins' personal belief about evolution leading him to atheism makes atheism into a religion? Connect the dots for us.