• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cherry Blossoms

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Life...

Like Cherry Blossoms

Soft
Fleeting
Precious

In bloom briefly, impactful on all who witness it's splendor.

Then... Gone.

PXL_20210406_205538532.jpg

amorphous_constellation

I happen to be reading Thoreau right now.. Here is one sentence describing nature from Walden, the opening of chapter 10 , which I just got to :

"Sometimes I rambled to pine groves, standing like temples, or like fleets at sea, full-rigged, with wavy boughs, and rippling with light, so soft and green and shady that the Druids would have forsaken their oaks to worship in them ; or to the cedar wood beyond Flints' Pond, where the trees, covered with hoary blue berries, spiring higher and higher, are fit to stand before Val- ; halla, and the creeping juniper covers the ground with wreaths full of fruit ; or to swamps where the usnea lichen hangs in festoons from the white-spruce trees, and toad- stools, round tables of the swamp gods, cover the ground, and more beautiful fungi adorn the stumps, like butter- flies or shells, vegetable winkles ; where the swamp-pink and dogwood grow, the red alder-berry glows like eyes of imps, the waxwork grooves and crushes the hardest woods in its folds, and the wild-holly berries make the beholder forget his home with their beauty, and he is dazzled and tempted by nameless other wild forbidden fruits, too fair for mortal taste." - Thoreau, Henry David. Walden; or, Life in the Woods . Boston, Ticknor and Fields, 1854, p. 217.

Last edited:

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Life is available only in the present moment.

― Thich Nhat Hanh,