• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheesecake!

Stellify

StarChild
I'm not a wonderful cook or anything, but this cheesecake recipe has always turned out wonderfully!
It takes about two hours to make (counting baking time!). I use a 9-inch spring form pan. You can also flavor it with things other than vanilla. Feel free to experiment! (I always do)

:flower:Ingredients (crust):
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I take the graham crackers and crush them myself, but you can buy pre-made crumbs)
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted (although sometimes I find I need a little more or less to get the right texture)

:flower:Ingredients (filling):
5 packages of cream cheese (8 oz. each)
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs

:flower:Instructions:
~Preheat oven to 300 degrees
~Combine crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter until mixture resembles wet sand. Press firmly onto bottom of pan, pressing crust up about 1 inch on sides. Place in freezer until ready to fill.
~Mix cream cheese (I suggest softening it for a while first), 1 cup sugar, flour, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until it's well blended (you can also do it by hand, but it gets tiring).
~Add sour cream; mix well.
~Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended.
~Take pan of crust out of freezer. Pour filling over crust.
~Bake for about an hour and ten minutes (or until the center is almost set and it is light brown in color)
~Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
~Enjoy the yumminess! :D

(If you want to decorate it, sliced strawberries and such are always nice)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Sounds delicious!

This month is $5.99 pie month at Marie Callenders and if you haven't tried the Kailua Cream Cheese Pie....you should!

Stellify

StarChild
^That sounds really good^

This cheesecake is my favorite to bake and take to baby showers and other female-oriented gatherings lol:p
All of my guy friends love it, too, though.:D

If I can find my pot roast recipe, that's what I'll be posting next :cool:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Baked Cheesecake is so hard to find over here.... the best I have found is in the swiss cottage area of London...A lot of Jewish bakers in the area.
Most cheese cake here is just cold set packet stuff and is horrible.

Stellify

StarChild
Most cheese cake here is just cold set packet stuff and is horrible.
Ack....How sad :( I can't eat that stuff.
Here in Texas (I'm guessing this also extends to other states, but I'm not sure) we have a restaurant called the Cheesecake Factory. Not only is their food absolutely delicious, but they have dozens of different kinds of cheesecake that are all to die for. I love going there:D:D