• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cheers for now

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Howdy,

I haven't posted as much on here in the last few months and, to be honest, it has been deliberate. I have had time, I have had some interest... I just don't want to. To keep it brief, it just isn't fun anymore. Over the last few months I have watched members attempt justify sexual assault on children because their immigrant parents 'made a mistake', I have watched members support political policies that are in direct conflict with US law, I have watched this insidious tribalism for our 'president' spread over the web like the plague and this place is no different. I have watched people turn on elected officials because they are women (say what you want, but I believe it to be true).

There are no more gentlemen's agreements to agree to disagree and there certainly isn't any desire to compromise/grow.

With the election coming up soon, it will only get worse. I am simply not interested.

Cheers for now,
-Q

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
We need you to help us fight back against the crap you mentioned above!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I haven't been around myself much -- but for a different reason. Busy writing a book. Nevertheless, whenever I drop by (about once a week or so), this place seems to have gotten worse. Worse in terms of partisanship, and worse in terms of intellectual dishonesty. But it's not evenly distributed. Not at all. Only a certain group has gotten worse.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Howdy,

I haven't posted as much on here in the last few months and, to be honest, it has been deliberate. I have had time, I have had some interest... I just don't want to. To keep it brief, it just isn't fun anymore. Over the last few months I have watched members attempt justify sexual assault on children because their immigrant parents 'made a mistake', I have watched members support political policies that are in direct conflict with US law, I have watched this insidious tribalism for our 'president' spread over the web like the plague and this place is no different. I have watched people turn on elected officials because they are women (say what you want, but I believe it to be true).

There are no more gentlemen's agreements to agree to disagree and there certainly isn't any desire to compromise/grow.

With the election coming up soon, it will only get worse. I am simply not interested.

Cheers for now,
-Q
Watch & learn....

Neutral Name

Howdy,

Cheers for now,
-Q

Oh, Quetzal, please care. Please don't give up. There is a God and God is good. We need to fight the evil together. We need your help. We need to go against the evil and seek good. The good guys do win and God is just. Justice will come.

Laika

Premium Member
Howdy,

Cheers for now,
-Q

Do what is best for you @Quetzal . These are really difficult times for everyone and it is heart-breaking to see people rip each other apart. Take very good care of yourself, make friends offline and have fun when ever you can.

If you change you're mind and want to take a peak and see whats going on back on RF, we'll still be here. If not, best of luck.

:heart:

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Do what is best for you @Quetzal . These are really difficult times for everyone and it is heart-breaking to see people rip each other apart. Take very good care of yourself, make friends offline and have fun when ever you can.

If you change you're mind and want to take a peak and see whats going on back on RF, we'll still be here. If not, best of luck.

:heart:
The war is indeed getting more intense. This is not a war of bombs but of truth vs lies, honor vs dishonor, democracy vs dictatorship, caring for people vs treating some like dirt...

Whatever you wind up doing, may light be with you.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
296px-Calvin_and_Hobbes_playing_Calvinball.jpg

Tom

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
In my opinion; young people are not listening to right wing political propaganda. They are not effected by it. When I am in my 70s, I think the progress will be easy to see.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh, Quetzal, please care. Please don't give up. There is a God and God is good. We need to fight the evil together. We need your help. We need to go against the evil and seek good. The good guys do win and God is just. Justice will come.
The rancor on RF can get one down, causing ennui & loss of perspective.
But worry not....he'd miss us.
After a refreshing hiatus, he'll be back & ready for action.
Perhaps even Roger will make a reappearance.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Howdy,

Cheers for now,
-Q

While I don't interact with you much here since we move in different circles, I'm sorry to see you go, but of course you need to do whats best for you.

I tend to stay out of the political fora unless I'm forced to throw on a gas mask and chem suit and grab the pooper scooper to clean up a mess, because given past experience in other message boards, discourse in them tends to be more toxic than the rest of the discussions and I have no interest in participating in that sort of environment.

Not sure how much of the toxicity that you're experiencing over there has to do with moderation, but if people are violating forum rules (Rule 9 comes to mind), I hope that others that have concerns over the state of the forum are reporting these posts so we can clear out the riffraff. As much as we do our best to catch rule violations, the staff are volunteers and cannot read every post made on the forum (and truth be told, I really don't want to in the political fora).

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Do you really want me to go back and quote the "cockroach milk" thread from a while ago?

I suppose I shouldn't.
But I wanna.
Tom

You got "cock milk" out of "cockroach milk" and you didn't expect anybody to go "wtf"?