• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Check out this dog I saw

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Raised and owned several pitties as a child, some of my favorite dogs. Absolute sweethearts.

Edit: If there are "insane" breeds (and I may regret asking this), but what human breeds are insane, Asian, Black, White, Hispanic?
I have seen some yippy dogs that might qualify for insane. I think their unnaturally small size and perhaps poor upbringing my have caused them to have a loose screw or two. I had a neighbor with a Rottweiller, incredibly friendly dog. He might lean on you to death waiting for you to pet him. I think the general rule is "bad dog, bad owner".

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Fair enough, again im not an expert in dogs, so might simply have listen to, to much "misinformation" about them.
I understand. Pits are very misunderstood. They're terriers, so they have a lot of energy, are pretty muscular and are very tenacious. When they have been abused, all that can be put to bad use. When they're healthy and happy, they are tons of fun to play with and rough-house with but can wear you out. Haha. They are very protective over their owners, too.

Some people are scared of my dog just because of what she looks like. She barks at people a lot and is very intense but she has never tried to attack anyone. She always just runs up to people and stiffs them and usually starts licking them. That's what won me over when I saw her at the pound. I think she's just wary. She goes off over dogs the most but has never tried to hurt them. There was a pug dog who the owner would let run around without a leash and would run up to my dog barking at her when I had her out. One time, my dog ran out of my place without a leash and ran over to that other dog but they just ended up playing. They were just chasing each other around. Sometimes other dogs would even try to attack her. It's not fair how people treat pits.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Even abused pits can be rehabbed, though. It's not totally hopeless. Not always, but dogs are resilient like humans are.

That's why I don't know if I want to report it... Because I think the dog is so violent, it would just be put down.

At least where he is, he can live.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That's why I don't know if I want to report it... Because I think the dog is so violent, it would just be put down.

That is a tough decision. But if you report it, at least the owner can be punished. It's not for sure that the dog will be put down. Rehabilitation is possible. If you don't report it, nothing will be done and they will get away with it.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Im not a dog expert, but isn't that a pitbull? And if so it should be put to death, its an insane dog.

My brother has a pitbull, and he's a very nice, gentle dog. While it's true that some people have trained pitbulls to fight, I think those people should be put in jail. It's not the dog's fault.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

Let me ask you ... would you spend your life chained and abused, if you could choose painless euthanasia ?

I know what I would choose.

There is a chance the poor fella could be rehabilitated if animal welfare get involved. Either way, I would trust their choice over the ‘owners’ who allow a dog to be in such suffering.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
.. but what human breeds are insane, Asian, Black, White, Hispanic?
Or insane because of their religious (or political) beliefs?
Dogs are more forgiving then any human I have ever met.
Or a God which remembers the parents sins till the third or fourth generation. (Spoken as a true atheist)
While it's true that some people have trained pitbulls to fight, I think those people should be put in jail. It's not the dog's fault.
True. Our children are what we train them to be (many a times).

Nimos

I would report it, the dog based on the pictures seems to be mistreated, if the owner cared about it, they would take it to a animal doctor to get it fixed. Also if it is as aggressive as you think it is, it could end up hurting someone. As other have pointed out, the owner ought to be punished for it, if it is not being treated good.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Excuse me? A pit bull is a type of dog. It's not a breed and it's nebulous which dogs are considered pitties. I have a female pit bull and she's the sweetest, most affectionate and playful girl. The scare-mongering about them is bull. They're the most abused and neglected dogs, which is why the shelters are full of them. Your comment is totally disgusting and unwarranted. You should be ashamed.

American Pit Bull Terriers are a breed or do you mean that other breeds are wrongly classified as Pit Bulls?

Erebus

I've chosen not to report. Just in case anyone was wondering.

I would strongly urge you to reconsider.

Not only for the dog's sake but also for the safety of those nearby. Suffering animals can and do lash out.
You have photographic evidence of the dog's injuries. This is a situation that definitely needs to be reported.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I've chosen not to report. Just in case anyone was wondering.
I am very sorry to hear that.
I was kinda grossed out by the first few posts on this thread. I hate seeing animals suffer.
I was hoping that you'd done the right thing. I opened the thread again with hope for the dog.
:(
Tom