• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chat about Hebrews/Judaism

CLee421

Bible believing-Face painting-Musical Momma
I am a born again and believe Yeshua is Lord.

That said I ADORE Jewish history. The Hebrew bible I find to be a goldmine. The "New Testament" is yes, wonderful, but if I had to pick "Old" or "New" for the rest of my life I would say Old. The Torah.

I just wanted to say hi, and open a discussion regarding what you believe, why, and potentially the identity of the Messiah.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Just so you know most Jews (actually all) don't believe Yeshua is Lord or believe he was the messiah and most believe Yeshua failed his mission according to tasks the messiah is supposed to complete.....If anything most Jews believe as Muslims do.. God is one, with no partners, no son or daughters, and is not anthromorphic....hello, you're cute btw

Last edited:

CLee421

Oh I know (about most Jews not accepting Yeshua) I just wanted to be open about myself.

As a gentile raised to believe in absolutely nothing, to even talk about this stuff even though I've believed for 8 years now, still surprises me.

I guess I should start by asking specific questions but I'm not sure where to start.

And goodness .. thank you?? :sweatsmile:

InChrist

Free4ever
I am a born again amd believe Yeshua is Lord.

That said I ADORE Jewish history. The Hebrew bible I find to be a goldmine. The "New Testament" is yes, wonderful, but if I had to pick "Old" or "New" for the rest of my life I would say Old. The Torah.

I just wanted to say hi, and open a discussion regarding what you believe, why, and potentially the identity of the Messiah.

Thank you!
I love both the Old and New Testaments. I do think the OT must be read in light of the NT because God progressively gave more revelation to humanity concerning the Messiah, culminating in the Person of Jesus/Yeshua.

CLee421

I love both the Old and New Testaments. I do think the OT must be read in light of the NT because God progressively gave more revelation to humanity concerning the Messiah, culminating in the Person of Jesus/Yeshua.

My thing is, the NT was not an ordained work - it was indeed inspired - and perhaps God convicted some or all of them to write letters to certain people - however - the scriptures the writers of the NT are always referencing are obviously the OT... I've realized people do not make that connection.

and this struck me ... when He was resurrected and was walking on the road with disciples, who had yet to even recognize it was Him ::

"He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?" And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
:blueheart::blueheart::blueheart:

Flankerl

New I am a born again amd believe Yeshua is Lord.

Huh.

Let me stop you right there.

2) All DIR (Discuss Individual Religions) forums are for the use of members who identify with those groups or practices. Debating is not permitted in DIRs; debates between members of specified groups should be posted in Same Faith Debates. Members who do not identify with a DIR group may only post respectful questions; we recommend creating a thread in the Religions Q&A instead where there is more freedom to comment. DIR forums are not to be used as a cover to bash others outside of the DIR group.

My thing is, the NT was not an ordained work - it was indeed inspired - and perhaps God convicted some or all of them to write letters to certain people - however - the scriptures the writers of the NT are always referencing are obviously the OT... I've realized people do not make that connection.

and this struck me ... when He was resurrected and was walking on the road with disciples, who had yet to even recognize it was Him ::

"He said to them, “How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?" And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, He explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

Christian propaganda has no place in this DIR.

That's all really fascinating but also for you:

2) All DIR (Discuss Individual Religions) forums are for the use of members who identify with those groups or practices. Debating is not permitted in DIRs; debates between members of specified groups should be posted in Same Faith Debates. Members who do not identify with a DIR group may only post respectful questions; we recommend creating a thread in the Religions Q&A instead where there is more freedom to comment. DIR forums are not to be used as a cover to bash others outside of the DIR group.

CLee421

My beliefs stem from their Bible? I really wanted some Jewish input.

Goodness.

CLee421

I believe the Hebrew Bible is true... this was not meant to be a debate thread.

But okay ...

rosends

I am a born again amd believe Yeshua is Lord.

Thank you!
Judaism 101: Mashiach: The Messiah

rosends

I've seen that page before.

At the risk of offending anyone with my presence here - I'll start a thread in Religious Q&A soon for this topic. I'm more interested in discussing Jewish history, the text of the Torah etc.
You had mentioned in your original post that you wanted information about the identity of the messiah. In Judaism, the question of identity is not a driving one. We identify the person by actions and behavior so WHO he is is secondary to what he has done.

If you have any other specific questions, feel free to ask.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Oh I know (about most Jews not accepting Yeshua) I just wanted to be open about myself.

As a gentile raised to believe in absolutely nothing, to even talk about this stuff even though I've believed for 8 years now, still surprises me.

I guess I should start by asking specific questions but I'm not sure where to start.

And goodness .. thank you?? :sweatsmile:
Gentiles aren't Christians, or Jesus followers, in the Bible. So, you presumably aren't a gentile.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

OT things are referenced, because Jesus followers use the OT, as Scripture.

Jesus belief hence is connected to religious belief, that uses, is religiously pertaining to, the OT.

These aren't separate Bibles, in Jesus belief.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever

I certainly agree that all the apostles and Christ Himself referenced the OT prophetic scriptures to prove that Jesus was the Messiah. The OT is definitely foundational to the good news concerning the Messiah which I believe was then more directly revealed through Jesus coming to the earth and through the NT writers.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Aquinas felt that one could not accept a literalist interpretation of the Tanakh (OT) and believe that Jesus was "the Messiah" because of unfulfilled predictions.

lostwanderingsoul

God originally chose the Jews to be His people. Later He sent Jesus to provide a way foe non-Jews to receive His blessings. But He did not say the Jews were no longer His chosen ones. God's blessings are available to everyone.