• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Hebdo Muslim hypocrisy still not cured

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This proves that Atheism was not even there around 1550, because they had a definition that has nothing to do with Atheism

When was the "real" definition of Atheism given, that would be the real start of Atheism

Ancient greece

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I thought it was in there, i do know about it, i must have opened an old list.
I checked the list yesterday, but could not find it. They did mention that it was left out of history books

I did see a Jewish site where it was also mentioned, but this information was taken out
I did see quite a few links about this Holocaust that were not working anymore now
Seems there are people who still like to hide these horrors done in Allah's name
(Maybe happened during Obama Rule...they can easily delete anything)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
So how are the condition in Muslim countries relevant to terrorism in Western countries.
As an answer to your request for evidence, they point
to Islam itself being the problem with Muslims tolerating
western values, rather than psychological issues with
individuals.
This is the 2nd time I've answered the same question.
Please read carefully.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Does the Prime Minister of Pakistan have a reputation for being violent?

He's not beating people on the streets, no.
I'm not sure what you're suggesting. Surely you don't think political leaders are above scrutiny, do you?
My only point was that him talking about the blasphemy of Charlie Hedbo is hypocritical given what happens in his own country on a far more extreme level.

Tambourine

He's not beating people on the streets, no.
I'm not sure what you're suggesting. Surely you don't think political leaders are above scrutiny, do you?
My only point was that him talking about the blasphemy of Charlie Hedbo is hypocritical given what happens in his own country on a far more extreme level.
So we shouldn't only condemn the violent Muslims.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
So we shouldn't only condemn the violent Muslims.

Ah...quite.
I meant more that there are certain Muslims who believe violence in the name of Allah is ok. They may conduct the violence or condone it. I'd condemn them, although that's not really different to other religions.

In more general terms, Muslims...and Muslim politicians...should be subject to the same scrutiny as anyone else.

If 'condemn' is as mild as calling out hypocrisy, or suggesting someone has the credibility of a turnip, then we're all subject to condemnation.

Still, you're right. It's not as clear as 'people who are violent in the name of Islam'. That's a little too literal.