• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charlie Hebdo hatecartoonist stops doing what he did

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I'm not sure, but this outrage over depicting Muhammad is a fairly recent development. Not only has Islam historically not had such restrictions, South Park aired Super Best Friends just a few months before 9/11 and nobody cared.
A few months before 9/11. Maybe they did care a lot then. Terrorists did kill thousands of innocent civilians.

Kirran

Premium Member
Servant_of_the_One1, does it not strike you as a little absurd to condemn ISIL and Charlie Hebdo in the same sentence? Charlie Hebdo produces cartoons which some people find offensive. ISIL has established a rule of terror over a pretty large area, has slaughtered massive amounts of people, enforced widespread slavery, continues to radicalise people both within its borders and beyond so that they fight for its cause, leaving behind their families and lives at home in many cases, has ratified extreme levels of misogyny in law and carries out the death penalty for absolutely huge numbers of what anybody else would see as either a minor offence or a non-offence.

Servant_of_the_One1

Servant_of_the_One1, does it not strike you as a little absurd to condemn ISIL and Charlie Hebdo in the same sentence? Charlie Hebdo produces cartoons which some people find offensive. ISIL has established a rule of terror over a pretty large area, has slaughtered massive amounts of people, enforced widespread slavery, continues to radicalise people both within its borders and beyond so that they fight for its cause, leaving behind their families and lives at home in many cases, has ratified extreme levels of misogyny in law and carries out the death penalty for absolutely huge numbers of what anybody else would see as either a minor offence or a non-offence.

The hatecartoonists knew there were isis sympathisants. It was foolish of them to go on with suicide mission.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
The hatecartoonists knew there were isis sympathisants. It was foolish of them to go on with suicide mission.

Hypothetical time:

If your country was invaded, and someone waved a gun around, telling you to acknowledge Xena the Warrior Princess as the one true prophet or be shot, do you see any who refuse as foolish? Brave? Both?
And what link is there between that persons foolhardiness or bravery and their moral fortitude?

dust1n

Zindīq
I think the hatecartoonist made smart decision. Why should he die for just 1.600 euros a month? Also he came to realize what he is doing is rape of freedom of expression. It has nothing to do with freedom of expression.

This pretty much seems to be entirely your conjecture. Nothing in the source your provided suggested any of this.

dust1n

Zindīq
Is it freedom of expression if i insult your mother? Draw her in very shameful way?
If your answer is NO.
Then u should know i love the prophet PBUH more than my own parents.

Yes, it is freedom of expression to insult someone's mom. It's not freedom of speech to harass someone or their mom, but I rather not live in a world where insults are illegal.

Kirran

Premium Member
Actually, I'd also like to raise your use of the term 'hatecartoonist'.

Charlie Hebdo are irreverent, and making a statement against organised religion at the very most. It is stretching the facts far beyond breaking point to claim they are 'hatecartoonists'.

Servant_of_the_One1

Hypothetical time:

If your country was invaded, and someone waved a gun around, telling you to acknowledge Xena the Warrior Princess as the one true prophet or be shot, do you see any who refuse as foolish? Brave? Both?
And what link is there between that persons foolhardiness or bravery and their moral fortitude?

Muslims would never draw Xena to anger the Xenanians and call that freedom of speech.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
It is almost so obvious, the far left is in a spin alliance with the Islamic extremists.

In India, when we look into the various Hindu-Muslim riots in history, we see events such as the Hindus having a religious procession down the main street of some town, either singing or chanting religious devotions or even parading the "idol" on certain holidays, and the mullahs in some mosque where the "parade" passes by shout "this is an insult to Mohammed!" (to pass by the front of the mosque on a public road celebrating Hinduism), then in the mosque they demand their extremists to start attacking and killing. This happens even with demands that an airplane is not allowed to fly over a mosque, it just gets more and more outrangeous as every speech is attacked and threatened with murder as retaliation.

Tuff luck if you are insulted. Hinduism is insulted all the time, mostly by these anti-free speech extremists. These same extremists insult gays every 5 seconds.

As far as insulting gays, I stand by my position that there is some really sick fan club going on between the far left and Islamic extremists. Sometimes, the far left tries to pretend they care about gays - I predict if they succeed in setting up their leftist dictatorship they will blame the failures of their despotism on gays, jews, etc., and will start to put gays in the gulags and gas chambers.

Kirran

Premium Member
It is almost so obvious, the far left is in a spin alliance with the Islamic extremists.

In India, when we look into the various Hindu-Muslim riots in history, we see events such as the Hindus having a religious procession down the main street of some town, either singing or chanting religious devotions or even parading the "idol" on certain holidays, and the mullahs in some mosque where the "parade" passes by shout "this is an insult to Mohammed!" (to pass by the front of the mosque on a public road celebrating Hinduism), then in the mosque they demand their extremists to start attacking and killing. This happens even with demands that an airplane is not allowed to fly over a mosque, it just gets more and more outrangeous as every speech is attacked and threatened with murder as retaliation.

Tuff luck if you are insulted. Hinduism is insulted all the time, mostly by these anti-free speech extremists. These same extremists insult gays every 5 seconds.

As far as insulting gays, I stand by my position that there is some really sick fan club going on between the far left and Islamic extremists. Sometimes, the far left tries to pretend they care about gays - I predict if they succeed in setting up their leftist dictatorship they will blame the failures of their despotism on gays, jews, etc., and will start to put gays in the gulags and gas chambers.

As a very committed leftist, one would think they'd have told me about this conspiracy.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Muslims would never draw Xena to anger the Xenanians and call that freedom of speech.
It would be your freedom of speech to do. Not everyone is going to agree with you, and you aren't going to like everyone you meet. That's called life. That's no reason to restrict someone's freedom of speech. So long as people are actively calling for violence and discrimination against a group or individual, there should be no restrictions.
Now, take this into consideraton. As a transwoman, I hear/read a lot of negative and nasty things about the transcommunity. But I do not wish to have that restricted, and make it so they can't say those things. Such is the way of the tyrant.