• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Charles Manson

Jeremiah Ames

Even though there is no such thing as hell, if there were, do you think Charles is there?
And do you think he SHOULD go there?

illykitty

RF's pet cat
I wouldn't wish eternal torture on anyone. Maybe some finite punishment, like making them suffer what they have done to others, or since he was in prison... Well, I'm not sure what would be justice in this case, but at least he can't hurt anyone anymore and that's probably justice enough.

Alucard

''Don't Stop, Don't Stop!
Even though there is no such thing as hell, if there were, do you think Charles is there?

Probably or something less to make him learn, a type of punishment because clearly getting locked up wasn't enough for him.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

Charles Mansons punishment (should he receive any) will be swift and merciful as it would be for any of us. Eternal torment of hell and pitchforks etc doesn't exist.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Not knowing exactly what hell is, Maybe eternal life with a fly always buzzing around his head, one he can never kill, a fly with eternal life would be his hell.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

Nope. He was sentenced to death, but the sentence was commuted to life in prison when the death penalty was abolished in California in 1972. He served his time. I don't see any reason to drag it out further.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Since to me hell is not eternal as heaven is not eternal, someone's time in hell is to learn the lesson through suffering.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Since to me hell is not eternal as heaven is not eternal, someone's time in hell is to learn the lesson through suffering.
Well if neither is eternal, what's the point of learning the lesson at all, let alone through suffering?

And I personally don't think suffering is much of a teacher, anyway. All of the best human learning that we know about comes from constant exposure and feedback. It's how children effortlessly learn language, for example, while adults suffering through trying to learn a new language never do get it perfectly.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Well if neither is eternal, what's the point of learning the lesson at all, let alone through suffering?

And I personally don't think suffering is much of a teacher, anyway. All of the best human learning that we know about comes from constant exposure and feedback. It's how children effortlessly learn language, for example, while adults suffering through trying to learn a new language never do get it perfectly.
You made my argument for me. The feedback is by experiencing the suffering you inflicted on others so that you understand the consequences on others of your actions.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
No He wasn’t. Hitler ordered the killing etc of people he opposed, Jesus didn’t
jesbus.jpg

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You made my argument for me. The feedback is by experiencing the suffering you inflicted on others so that you understand the consequences on others of your actions.
Understanding and caring are two different things.