• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Characteristics of a Conservative Utopia (CU)

joe1776

No, this is a caricature of conservative beliefs; especially as if there is only one kind of conservative.
The OP is not a caricature, it is an accurate presentation of positions that MOST conservatives would favor on the country's economic system..

tytlyf

Not Religious
No, we have a traditional conservative party in Denmark, which supports climate regulation, regulated capitalism and a welfare state.
Ah, we're addressing American conservatism in this thread. They do NOT support climate regulation, regulated capitalism and a welfare state.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The OP is not a caricature, it is an accurate presentation of positions that MOST conservatives would favor on the country's economic system..
You think most conservatives want to privatise the police? The courts?

Also I realise that this is in NA Politics but I'm coming from a British/European POV and no, this is not most conservatives at all. I also highly suspect it is a caricature of US conservatives too.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Ah, we're addressing American conservatism in this thread. They do NOT support climate regulation, regulated capitalism and a welfare state.

Yes, and not even all conservative in the US is of your kind. You just have to learn to understand that everything in US politics becomes currently filtered trough a lenses of black and white.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Also I realise that this is in NA Politics but I'm coming from a British/European POV and no, this is not most conservatives at all. I also highly suspect it is a caricature of US conservatives too.

It is. Now some do support it, but not all.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Yes, and not even all conservative in the US is of your kind. You just have to learn to understand that everything in US politics becomes currently filtered trough a lenses of black and white.
I don't focus on tiny percentages of the outliers, I focus on voting records and policies that conservatives overwhelmingly support and vote for.

If I hear a politician announce to a crowd of conservatives "We will remove all regulations that hinder small business." And the crowd cheers.

In my mind, cheering = support.

Audie

Veteran Member

Of course it is but the benighted knuckledraggers are disinclined to
learn or understand.

So much easier to seize the moral high
ground powered by imagination and prejudice.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Full disclosure, this is the kind of toxic dumpster fire garbage that lead some here to want to see the political forums disappear completely.
I think that's unfair.
The OP is the leading liberal light on RF.
If ever I become woke, you'll have this
thread to thank.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Yes. And thereby you overdid it.
The thread is about a CU and what conservatives would like to see in their own society and structure of government.
The viewpoints expressed in the structures are based on republican policies in the US. Policies that I can see the overwhelming conservative bloc support.
I don't focus on the tiny percentages and cherry picked info, I focus on evidence and what can be proven.

pearl

Healthcare: Private, for-profit
Taxes: Worker class taxed, corporations/1% no taxes (job creators)
Energy: Private, for-profit
Prisons: Private, for-profit
Regulations: None

I would agree these at least are conservative positions.
I would add that for some the desire to end all so-called entitlements.

epronovost

Of course it is but the benighted knuckledraggers are disinclined to
learn or understand.

So much easier to seize the moral high
ground powered by imagination and prejudice.

And that's why your first reflex when readin something ou diagree with is to call it "garbage" with any explanation, then get your panties twisted in a bunch when you get challenged and then put further one liners to dismiss the challenge?

i can sense your lack of prejudice and appeal to a higher moral ground. I can also sense your profound knowledge of the "marginal revolution" political philosophers that underprint the entire conservative movement in N-A and westen Europe or even of neo-confucianism in East Asia (which shares a striking similarity, but in a less "liberal" manner).

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The thread is about a CU and what conservatives would like to see in their own society and structure of government.
The viewpoints expressed in the structures are based on republican policies in the US. Policies that I can see the overwhelming conservative bloc support.
I don't focus on the tiny percentages and cherry picked info, I focus on evidence and what can be proven.

Yes, and they are all like that. You are doing black and white.

joe1776

The OP didn't list making the courts private for profit. And the idea of privatizing the police has been floated. I'm not certain that MOST conservatives favor it. But the list overall is pretty solid, IMO.

I think we have to recognize that the label Conservative in the USA covers groups with different opinions in the USA and Europe.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
I am doing what Republicans want America's system to look like. So it's only natural to assume a CU would envision the same policies.

But is not what they all want. A majority, yes. properly. But you want them to change, right? So support those who are closer to your position. Or kill them all or deny them the right to vote or what ever. Democracy for it to function in the long run is a compromise. Find the compromise even with the minority of conservatives, who want to do that.