1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chapter from High Priest Gilmore's newest book; The Satanic Scriptures

Discussion in 'Church of Satan ( Formerly La' started by Viconia, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Viconia

Viconia Member

Ratings:
    +8
    This is a chapter that I think touches upon one of the most important ethical values of the Church of Satan.

My values have changed as I've become older and possess a more in-depth understanding of what it means to be a Satanist (or perhaps my temperament has changed as I leave my girlhood behind); the importance of my identity as being 'different' is becoming less and less. I've rejected Christian, altruistic, collectivist values; I've rejected the new religions of passiveness, mindlessness, the notion that to discriminate is evil, democratic values, and consumerism; now what do I want to do? This is unofficially called the transition out of "First-phase Satanism" by Church of Satan members.

I've been thinking lately about what got me to this point; was it my cynical yet loving policewoman mother and her finely tuned BS detector? Was it looking around at the people in society I was expected to respect and feeling instead disgust and nonchalance? Was it the sense of wonder and joy that I had as a girl towards life that I never lost, despite most adults saying that it would fade when I began to understand their ho-hum perception of reality?

What did it for you people? What drove you to choose individualism and alienate yourself from the majority of people?