• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chaos /life/faith

Mark Dohle

chaos and life.jpg

Chaos /life/faith

Faith can be bare-boned at times, with trust being the only operative ingredient working. Chaos seems to be part of life, though if I had my way I would do away with that. Then again, I feel if that wish came true, perhaps I would disappear, or just become flat, like a lake with no ripples; for struggles seems to be needed by our species. Like the salmon striving to go upstream to breed, so we do the same, often for reasons that are veiled. An inner compass guides me, and I believe others, for again I am not that unique. Or another way; common, every day, in my uniqueness, actually no different than others. The inner compass? Well that I feel is grace; quiet, hidden, yet powerfully at work in all lives. Though, I guess those who suffer from terminal uniqueness (I have been there, and will perhaps revisit that silly place). Well, that is not good news at all. Life is less tragic if it is known that we all pretty much go through the same things, Tragedy, loss, illness, you name it, happens to all of us. Who knows, perhaps in the end, it is all good……I kind of believe that. Life goes by fast, just holding on can be the best thing we can do and simply not giving in to despondency or despair. The real work is in the depths, we are God’s work of art.

No one can downplay what others go through, We need to support one another the best way we can, through prayer and action. Even strangers if it presents itself.--BrMD