• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chanting Durga Mantra and Dizziness?

Draupadi

I have been chanting this Durga mantra for quite some time. Although I am not doing so regularly. Anyway all the problems started day before yesterday. I started feeling quite weak and dizzy during the morning after the chanting. The next day I couldn't do it for long. I was feeling very weak. I took a nap which was deep. Then I woke up and my hands were shaking. I was still feeling weak then. And even today I am feeling the same, although much less. But yesterday's event actually surprised me.

Please note that I have low pressure. I eat well and I don't chant for very long. Is it happening because I am doing it wrong? Or it has got nothing to do with my invocation? Thanks.

Draupadi

At first I wanted to post there. But then I thought that this was more of a spiritual question than religious. If the moderators find that it is appropriate then they can move it. Once again I can't figure out how.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I have been chanting this Durga mantra for quite some time. Although I am not doing so regularly. Anyway all the problems started day before yesterday. I started feeling quite weak and dizzy during the morning after the chanting. The next day I couldn't do it for long. I was feeling very weak. I took a nap which was deep. Then I woke up and my hands were shaking. I was still feeling weak then. And even today I am feeling the same, although much less. But yesterday's event actually surprised me.

Please note that I have low pressure. I eat well and I don't chant for very long. Is it happening because I am doing it wrong? Or it has got nothing to do with my invocation? Thanks.
Hmm, I don't know. It could be anything, really. But I liked your post because I really admire your initiative to go back to your cultural roots, Draupadi. :) Thanks for sharing your desire to give Mother Durga a try. Jai Mata Di!

Tomyris

Esoteric Traditionalist
Apologies for reviving such an old thread, sister, but I have had similar experiences when chanting the Durga mantra. I am extremely high strung, though, and tend to high blood pressure as my family does. I would hope first you went to the doctor, and had good news from that, and with that considered, I would say that the emotional energy of the moment was actually weakening--spiritual practice can touch with feelings which can be powerful, and intensely bring forth a kind of exhaustion that comes from the same seat as the exhaustion that follows, say, experiencing a strongly emotional artistic performance.

Since art is one of the most fundamental ways to experience religion, I think the connection is natural. Even if we don't feel the religious experience, we may be exhausted from its feeling. Sometimes I am tired after listening to powerful secular music even when it is not obvious while listening to it. But, one ought care for their health before ascribing such presumption to such an experience.

Anyhow, it is good to meet you, and someone who has shared that admittedly disconcerting feeling. A shame though that this forum is not so active.