• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Changing the world?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
You know why anecdotal evidence isn't worth much in science, do you?

Never claimed there was any scientific suggestion here. Can you explain why this has happened? As a further speculation, I have not altered my life style at all to keep from contracting the virus. I have not (nor will I) worn a mask, bought or used hand sanitizer, or even considered social distancing since the beginning of this "pandemic". I have had, nor has anyone I know that has reacted the same way, not one sniffle, sneeze, wheeze or any hint of a fever to this point--not one symptom. Luck?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Never claimed there was any scientific suggestion here. Can you explain why this has happened? As a further speculation, I have not altered my life style at all to keep from contracting the virus. I have not (nor will I) worn a mask, bought or used hand sanitizer, or even considered social distancing since the beginning of this "pandemic". I have had, nor has anyone I know that has reacted the same way, not one sniffle, sneeze, wheeze or any hint of a fever to this point--not one symptom. Luck?
If you're as anti-social as I am, people naturally steer clear.
This keeps us safe.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
So do we eradicate the morons?
They too have the same opportunities as anyone to either accept or reject what is right or wrong.....education is the key....who is the educator is also important. It does not depend on IQ, or social status, but on what is in the heart....what defines our character.

No one is born to be a ‘moron’ (definition: one without ability to distinguish right from wrong because of being raised, or influenced by other morons and wishing to mindlessly continue their legacy.)

Role models are still important......so who are our role models? Who influences us?

My mother used to say....”show me your friends because they usually determine who you will become”. “Influencers” are everywhere......social media depends on them....scary, isn’t it? :eek:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
They too have the same opportunities as anyone to either accept or reject what is right or wrong.....education is the key....who is the educator is also important. It does not depend on IQ, or social status, but on what is in the heart....what defines our character.

No one is born to be a ‘moron’ (definition: one without ability to distinguish right from wrong because of being raised, or influenced by other morons and wishing to mindlessly continue their legacy.)

Role models are still important......so who are our role models? Who influences us?

My mother used to say....”show me your friends because they usually determine who you will become”. “Influencers” are everywhere......social media depends on them....scary, isn’t it? :eek:

Some folks don't have the mental capacity to learn and embrace your philosophy--or they simple choose not to which is allowed in a free country--so do we kill them?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Some folks don't have the mental capacity to learn and embrace your philosophy--or they simple choose not to which is allowed in a free country--so do we kill them?
No sadly, they usually end up killing themselves through lifestyle choices, or each other using various methods....:(

A "free country" is a carefully orchestrated illusion because you are only allowed to be free within certain limits...step outside those limits and see how free you are.

It is grossly overrated IMO if it allows people to harm themselves and each other in the name of freedom. How free would you like to be? How much freedom is too much...how much is not enough? :shrug:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

And you might even not be one of the asymptomatics who will have passed it on to others who subsequently died - me, I wouldn't take the risk.

Tambourine

Which was?
How would you plan on living outside of all of human society - outside law, property, education, infrastructure, healthcare, or anything else requiring the support of your fellow human beings?

How would you teach yourself the skills necessary for your survival in the wilderness without human contact and human civilization?

Where would you live that does not belong other human beings, and how would you fend off others who would take it from you?

What if you suffered from an illness, injury, or disability? How do you think you would be able to survive on your own in such a situation?

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Many have; and many will again if forced to. The indomitable spirit of a person that won't quit is a wonder to behold.

Tambourine

Well, yes...and no, I guess. You tell me?
I ask because your answer doesn't seem to show a lot of thought put into the matter.

I admit that I haven't experienced it personally, but from all I've read on the subject, "Indomitable Spirit" alone typically doesn't help against hunger, thirst, exposure or illness.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What can one ordinary person do to change the world?

And by "change the world" I mean "significantly alter it for the better"
The hippie mantra of my generation.

The world is seen through the eyes of individuals, and each individual is different so I would think it would be more productive to evolve and adapt rather than change on a grand scale. You can certainly change your immediate circle though, and that's where I think one of the keys lay when it comes to addressing the larger circle.