• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Changing the world?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
What can one ordinary person do to change the world?

And by "change the world" I mean "significantly alter it for the better"

One ordinary person can change their worldview, but nothing an individual does can change the world for the better.....I suspect that one individual was responsible for spreading the coronavirus outside of a lab in Wuhan, and that definitely changed the world....but not for the better.

It seems way easier to introduce non-beneficial change, than to introduce something that brings benefits to the whole world. For every good thing that humans do, 10,000 morons will undo it by just being themselves....:(
upload_2020-6-29_16-57-4.jpeg

There is no cure for stupid....:rolleyes:

Heyo

Veteran Member
What can one ordinary person do to change the world?

And by "change the world" I mean "significantly alter it for the better"
Step 1. Try to gain power or influence.
Step 2. Don't let your morals be screwed on the way. (The hard part)
Step 3. Use your power or influence to change the world.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
One ordinary person can change their worldview, but nothing an individual does can change the world for the better.....I suspect that one individual was responsible for spreading the coronavirus outside of a lab in Wuhan, and that definitely changed the world....but not for the better.

It seems way easier to introduce non-beneficial change, than to introduce something that brings benefits to the whole world. For every good thing that humans do, 10,000 morons will undo it by just being themselves....:(
View attachment 41113

So do we eradicate the morons?

Tambourine

You don't think you can live and/or survive on your own?
I know for a fact that I cannot. In fact I've experienced periods in my life where I would have literally died on my own, for example when my diabetes was serious enough that I needed regular insulin injections.

How would you plan on living outside of all of human society - outside law, property, education, infrastructure, healthcare, or anything else requiring the support of your fellow human beings?

How would you teach yourself the skills necessary for your survival in the wilderness without human contact and human civilization?

Where would you live that does not belong other human beings, and how would you fend off others who would take it from you?

EDIT: What if you suffered from an illness, injury, or disability? How do you think you would be able to survive on your own in such a situation?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian

View attachment 41113

if this be the case....

WE ARE DOOMED......DOOMED!

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
The plague doesn't perform IQ tests before infecting anyone.
The same is true when it decides who must die.
You're next, bub!

On the contrary, it performs a very basic test: 'are you smart enough to wear a mask and social distance?'. If you *are* smart enough, you are MUCH less likely to get infected.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I know for a fact that I cannot. In fact I've experienced periods in my life where I would have literally died on my own, for example when my diabetes was serious enough that I needed regular insulin injections.

How would you plan on living outside of all of human society - outside law, property, education, infrastructure, healthcare, or anything else requiring the support of your fellow human beings?

How would you teach yourself the skills necessary for your survival in the wilderness without human contact and human civilization?

Where would you live that does not belong other human beings, and how would you fend off others who would take it from you?

EDIT: What if you suffered from an illness, injury, or disability? How do you think you would be able to survive on your own in such a situation?

Do you expect to live forever?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
On the contrary, it performs a very basic test: 'are you smart enough to wear a mask and social distance?'. If you *are* smart enough, you are MUCH less likely to get infected.

Not nothing for nothing, but the only person I know personally that got the 'rona wore her masked and sanitized her hands religiously. Also, while being quarantined in her home for two weeks after the diagnosis (plus she 'felt bad' two weeks previous to this before she had a test) no one else in the household ever tested positive for the virus. Go figure, huh?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Not nothing for nothing, but the only person I know personally that got the 'rona wore her masked and sanitized her hands religiously. Also, while being quarantined in her home for two weeks after the diagnosis (plus she 'felt bad' two weeks previous to this before she had a test) no one else in the household ever tested positive for the virus. Go figure, huh?
You know why anecdotal evidence isn't worth much in science, do you?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member