• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Changing the Bible

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
angellous_evangellous said:
We're on the same page with this then I think. I didn't say that the Church didn't have a canon before that time, merely that it was closed. I have argued elsewhere my views on canonization.
Ok. As long as you recognize that nothing changed for RC's from 397 until the Concil of Trent. Same exact books.

~Victor

fromthe heart

Victor said:
Ok. As long as you recognize that nothing changed for RC's from 397 until the Concil of Trent. Same exact books.

~Victor
Would you care to elaborate on which books these are for those who do not quite understand? If you understand what books were considered please state them as well??
Thanks.:)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
NetDoc said:
OK,

Show me ONE kitten that isn't satanic! Bwahahahaha!

But truly, I find most anti-LDS tripe to be just as odious as all other bigotry. Like other bigots, they can see it others, but fail to see it in themselves.
Moi? :162:

may

jeffrey said:
I have mixed views on this. I believe that some of the OT has been mis-translated from it's original meaning, so trying to find the correct meaning and wording is almost impossible. The NT I believe to be alot more accurate. and would be very hard pressed to change a thing about that. But that's just my opinion. :D
yes i agree that things have been mistranslated and this has clouded the original thoughts , but no worries, true knowledge has become abundant in our day
And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant..... daniel 12;4...... not only has bible prophecy become unsealed but light has flashed up regarding the inspired word of God the bible

(Proverbs 4:18) But the path of the righteous ones is like the bright light that is getting lighter and lighter until the day is firmly established

(Psalm 97:11) Light itself has flashed up for the righteous one, And rejoicing even for the ones upright in heart

Is anything too extraordinary for Jehovah? i dont think so

Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings matthew 24;45-47 .... he uses faithful ones to accomplish his will and he has but are we willing to be fed by them? i know i am