• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Changing beliefs

idea

Question Everything
I understand from Gen. 2:8-14 that it was relatively small area of planet earth. And from Gen. 3:23-24 comes the idea of people being expelled from there.

That is one of the new theories that tries to mesh the age of the earth, dinosaurs, evolution, and the garden. "As in Adam all die" should perhaps be re-written to "As in evolution all die and change and produce stronger offspring"? What causes death? Not a perfect life for a perfect life anymore - not everyone experiencing death because of Adam - that is an example of a belief that has changed for many.

The unclear issue is, have women really done as good work to deserve equal respect.

Women volunteer more than men.
Women commit fewer felonies than men, are less violent.
Without women, you would not be alive.
Women risk their lives, and many die in childbirth - they lay down their lives for their children....

Any evidence for that?

Whosoever shall call on the name of YaHVaH shall be saved - quite a few people consider the name to be quite important to figure out... might want to start googling :)

a few random googles:
History of the Name "Jesus"
This Is What Jesus' Friends And Family Actually Called Him — And No, It Wasn't Jesus
The Name Of God & The Real Name Of Jesus Exposed! – Bible Facts & Bible Notes.
Where the Name YaHVaH Came From
etc. etc.

Changing beliefs, and changing names. The name of Jesus/Yahvah/God has changed through the years - another example of changing beliefs.

Last edited:

Ok, so the name has been translated to different languages, I don’t think that means his name has changed. And certainly, there was nothing to support the claim “Even the name of Jehovah was changed to be male”.

idea

Question Everything
Ok, so the name has been translated to different languages, I don’t think that means his name has changed. And certainly, there was nothing to support the claim “Even the name of Jehovah was changed to be male”.

There are many accounts - here is another:

"
The Name "Jesus" is a Dishonour to the Jewish Messiah Why ? Defaming the Christ with a Pagan Name. Replacing his Hebrew name with a pagan Greek name that honours a pagan god.

The Messiah's True Name "Originally, the name of the Messiah was , pronounced Yahushua or (Yehoshua). This is the Messiah's original name. ...the Messiah's name is actually the same name as Joshua, Son of Nun... correctly pronounced "Yahushua". It is quite evident that the modern form "Jesus" doesn't even remotely resemble the original name that the disciples used.. This is a fact. " "Jesus Christ....Matthew (1:21) interprets the name originally as Jehoshua, that is, 'Jehovah is Salvation,'"...

"It is known that the Greek name endings with sus, seus, and sous were attached by the Greeks to names and geographical areas as means to give honour to their supreme deity, Zeus." -Dictionary of C...

Tarsus means Sweat of Zeus ... Dionysusmeans the Son of Zeus ... "Some authorities, who have spent their entire lives studying the origins of names believe that "Jesus" actually means - "Hail Zeus!" For Iesous in Greek IS "Hail Zeus." "Ie" translates as "Hail" and "sous" or "sus" translates as Zeus. The English name "Jesus", therefore, stems etymologically from "Jupiter-Zeus" the chief god of the ancient Greek Olympus." -"Yeshua" or "Jesus" -- Which? Biblical Research Institute; 1996 by Les A...

Zeus was a popular god in Graeco-Roman world

"The name of YAHshua has been replaced by the names of G-zeus (Jesus), meaning Hail Zeus (Iesus, and Iesous) which are pagan in origin." -Seek God The True name of Christ "research reveals that the name "Jesus" is linked to the Greek Sun-god "Zeus" " -COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, by C. J. Koster "Jesus. That was a name given to him by the early church many years after His death. They wanted to remove any Jewishness from the new church. They eliminated His Jewish name and blended the name of Zeu...

See full list on hiddenbible.com
"

Many consider the "us" ending is male.

It reminds me of a trip I took with relatives to another continent. I will not reveal which denomination it was, or what continent we were on, but we visited a "Christian" church there and found people drunk on corn beer dressed in animal skins, dancing, and worshipping the holy trinity as something like the glacier, the earth, the sky - haha, my relatives were horrified. There was a priest there in traditional robe as you would find in the states, and they had told people they were Christian, and it was just a different translation between the names of their Gods and the Christian God.

..."Some authorities, who have spent their entire lives studying the origins of names believe that "Jesus" actually means - "Hail Zeus!" For Iesous in Greek IS "Hail Zeus." "Ie" translates as "Hail" and "sous" or "sus" translates as Zeus. ...

Interesting belief. One of the reasons why I have difficulties to believe that is, Romans were not Creeks, they had Jupiter, not Zeus. If they would somehow would have wanted to name "Jesus" Jupiter, I would assume they would have called "Jesus" Jupius.

But, maybe it would be best to restore the Jewish formation. All though I think the most important thing is to understand correctly what is meant with the word. If I speak about Jesus, I don't speak about Zeus, and I assume most people do the same.