• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Changed religion so many times, reluctant to label myself..

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
as i know that this religion wasn't known out of India, so in ancient times you won't find a Hindi in Egypt, Europe, pr any other place even i can't find that there was a Hindi temple outside India in the ancient time, that means it wasn't out of India

:facepalm:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ps - Afghanistan has had a Hindu history, Pakistan has had a Hindu history, Nepal has had a Hindu history, Bangladesh has had a Hindu history, Sri Lanka has had a Hindu history, Burma has had a Hindu history, Thailand has had a Hindu history, Cambodia has had a Hindu history, Indonesia has had a Hindu history, Malaysia has had a Hindu history, the Philippines has had a Hindu history, and there have been a couple Hindu temples found in China. I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. But, I shall stop here. Because, what your post suggests is just outrageous and poorly researched. Oh, and the facepalm is for misplacing the word "Hindu" with the name of a language. Do you practice Arabic or Islam? :rolleyes:

dynavert2012

मैत्रावरुणिः;3465246 said:
:facepalm:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ps - Afghanistan has had a Hindu history, Pakistan has had a Hindu history, Nepal has had a Hindu history, Bangladesh has had a Hindu history, Sri Lanka has had a Hindu history, Burma has had a Hindu history, Thailand has had a Hindu history, Cambodia has had a Hindu history, Indonesia has had a Hindu history, Malaysia has had a Hindu history, the Philippines has had a Hindu history, and there have been a couple Hindu temples found in China. I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on. But, I shall stop here. Because, what your post suggests is just outrageous and poorly researched. Oh, and the facepalm is for misplacing the word "Hindu" with the name of a language. Do you practice Arabic or Islam? :rolleyes:

i think you need to know what's the boundaries of ancient India, for example the Maurya Empire which extends from 322 BC–185 BC it includes now parts of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Iran, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives
Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan

so for sure it's logical to find temples of Hinduism in that places after invasions, and that not means it was an international religion, it still a local one

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
i think you need to know what's the boundaries of ancient India, for example the Maurya Empire which extends from 322 BC–185 BC it includes now parts of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Iran, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives
Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan

so for sure it's logical to find temples of Hinduism in that places after invasions, and that not means it was an international religion, it still a local one

Using that logic, I could say that since Muhammad (PBUH <--- and I do that out of respect) never stepped on the soil of modern day USA, thus, Islam can't be universal.

Do you understand what I am trying to say?

Also, Cambodia and the Philippines and all the other Southeast Asian countries I named were not part of that "Ancient Empire" (and some of the countries don't even belong in your list). Yet, they still accepted Hinduism not through invasions (because Hinduism is anti-proselytization) but through interest. Hinduism has already made significant inroads into Europe and the USA. Yoga is taking the West by storm. Esoteric - Hindu based, Advaitic beliefs are being absorbed by the growing, affluent middle-class of the West.

Anyways, I didn't mean to debate with you. I just wanted to point out that Hindi is not Hindu. Hindu is not Hindi.

Maija

Thanks for explaining this, &#2350;&#2376;&#2340;&#2381;&#2352;&#2366;&#2357;&#2352;&#2369;&#2339;&#2367;-ji in a way that was clear.

Lastly, something I neglected to tackle in the intial post, Dyna.

if the only reason you left islam for was your husband so please excuse me for my words but i have to say it for your benefit
your husband is a man who you shouldn't love more than Allah, Allah said "And do not marry polytheistic women until they believe. And a believing slave woman is better than a polytheist, even though she might please you. And do not marry polytheistic men [to your women] until they believe. And a believing slave is better than a polytheist, even though he might please you. Those invite [you] to the Fire, but Allah invites to Paradise and to forgiveness, by His permission. And He makes clear His verses to the people that perhaps they may remember." 2:221 so Allah alerted you from choosing a man and leaving the god for him, then you are exchanging what is better for what is less

If you read the entire post, you would understand that IMHO, there are a few pathways to God. So, yes I choose the best way for my family because I don't believe God wants me to leave my husband over a difference of opinion. There are even fatwas that support that too.

The Prophet did not ask them to divorce their non-Muslim husbands. In fact, they gradually entered Islam by being convinced of its truth. Incidentally, not only wives brought their husbands into Islam: Fatimah brought her brother 'Umar, Umm Habibah brought her father Abu Sufyan, and the Prophet's daughter Zaynab brought Abu al-'As. There are many similar cases
ZAWAJ.COM: Articles and Essays :

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/sunni-dir/146656-coming-back-islam.html : READ #7 response for the European Council for Fatwa and Research

Polytheists, if you said that you understood that Hinduism is not a religion of many separate Gods, unless in a small minority (except when explained by people who are unaware of the teachings) then your polytheists quote is irrelevant. Look up Vaishnavism and you'll find it is monotheistic.

To answers your question of why did God bring many prophets, because He has revealed Himself through many ways, so God is not an unfair God. We can only view this in 2 ways:

1) That God is fair and reveals Himself to all in many ways and thus we have a choice to make of which path to follow.

Does God care if we call Him, Allah or God or Krishna or Yahweh. No.

Does he care whether we are Christian or Jewish or Hindu, no.

We are not going to different heavens.

or

2) All is God's will, many prophets and sages came but out of all, only one way is right and we must figure out this way. People have different intellectual capacities, people come from different lands, this doesn't make sense.

As we have demonstrated, religions do not stay only where they are revealed. If we take the example of Africa, where I grew up..So, even Hinduism has been brought to Africa. Christianity to Africa. Islam to Africa, now what is their original religion for them to follow..

Additionally, what about parents that raised their kids, like mine did with the idea that God is one, with open minds, I was raised in 7 different countries, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim and Christian.

everybody will be Judged according to what he already received, so even if they died with African religions and they don't hear about anything else, surly they will be judged according to what they had received, remember that Allah is merciful and fair

What if like, they were exposed to everything, they had parents that said, whether you are a Jew, a Hindu, a Christian or a Buddhist or a Muslim, it is all the same?

While my mother is a Catholic, at one point her best friend was a monk (Buddhist) who would visit daily in Sri Lanka. In Russia, she became very interested in the meditation, mantra chanting, while never changing her religion, I was clearly exposed to an idea that it is up to us, to find a path that fits.

She has found her comfort in Catholicism, I'm trying to find that same path while seeing beauty in many.

Thanks all for your posts and support.

Maija

Using that logic, I could say that since Muhammad (PBUH <--- and I do that out of respect) never stepped on the soil of modern day USA, thus, Islam can't be universal.

Also, Cambodia and the Philippines and all the other Southeast Asian countries I named were not part of that "Ancient Empire" (and some of the countries don't even belong in your list). Yet, they still accepted Hinduism not through invasions (because Hinduism is anti-proselytization) but through interest. Hinduism has already made significant inroads into Europe and the USA. Yoga is taking the West by storm. Esoteric - Hindu based, Advaitic beliefs are being absorbed by the growing, affluent middle-class of the West.

Anyways, I didn't mean to debate with you. I just wanted to point out that Hindi is not Hindu. Hindu is not Hindi.

Thanks, for pointing out the last bit especially, a big confusion is over the language and the religion.

Terms are funny, that reminds me of when I see the old school term, Mohammedan. :shivers: They're not Mohammedan, they are Muslims!

lol

dynavert2012

&#2350;&#2376;&#2340;&#2381;&#2352;&#2366;&#2357;&#2352;&#2369;&#2339;&#2367;&#2307;;3465259 said:

yes, but prophet Mohamed was ordered by Allah to deliver the message to all the mankind and he did in his life by sending messages to the leaders of all nations and you can see now how Muslims are from Indonesia till Morocco and spreading in Europe
&#2350;&#2376;&#2340;&#2381;&#2352;&#2366;&#2357;&#2352;&#2369;&#2339;&#2367;&#2307;;3465259 said:

i don't want to go in a historian debate, i'm not fully aware about India history since 3000 BEC

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
so why he did?

Because people forget, and there have been billions of people on earth all through human history. No one man or woman could teach all the billions of humans who have ever lived, in all their languages, in the context of all their cultures. Hence, so many prophets and teachers in so many lands using so many languages. It's only human hubris that says when God's work should be finished or how he should do it.

Maija

yes, but prophet Mohamed was ordered by Allah to deliver the message to all the mankind and he did in his life by sending messages to the leaders of all nations and you can see now how Muslims are from Indonesia till Morocco and spreading in Europe

i don't want to go in a historian debate, i'm not fully aware about India history since 3000 BEC
nvrmind will post later

Last edited: