• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Chance or Design (Evolution or Creation)

reddogs

John 1:3-4 King James Version (KJV)
"3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men."

To most scientists in the world today, the theory of evolution is no longer just a theory but is regarded as a fact. There are differences of opinion regarding the tempo, mode, and mechanisms of evolution, but the basic concepts of the theory have become an established philosophy. Even the educational systems of the world teach evolution by natural selection and the big bang as the only feasible theory of origin, to the exclusion of anything else especially creative design.

Now natural selection in itself is not a scientific principle, as it is based on circular reasoning. By natural selection, the weaker are eliminated and the stronger survive to propagate the species. It is all started by chance, the idea of the big bang was that a tiny point of nothing started the universe and somehow life started by chance.

The evidence for evolution is based largely on interpretation and a rationale for the long ages required for the evolutionary events to have taken place. However, each of these parameters is open to alternative explanations which also happen to be in harmony with the biblical account.

Evolutionary scientists argue that creationism is not science, that it is based on a preconceived ideology, which excludes it from the realms of science. However, if the facts fit the biblical creation account, is it excluded?

So is there evidence for Creation by design, was the DNA by purpose, and the form of mankind and domain made by a Creator?

reddogs

Well, the question was "is there evidence for Creation by design, was the DNA by purpose, and the form of mankind and domain made by a Creator?" So I think we are ok to discuss that.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Not everybody agrees that 1st chapter Genesis is an account of Earth's creation. I do not, and I think that is a modern interpretation. I'm sure Genesis is a companion to the Torah and describes the beginning of Israel and the tabernacle. The stars are Abraham's children. The garden is the tabernacle. Observe the layout of the tabernacle, entrance on the East. Observe the promise to Abraham is that his children will be like the stars. Always stars represent his children everywhere else in the canon, and they do in chapter one as well. First the light appears, then the stars. I think its very beautiful and useful and becomes less so when shoehorned into a description of the creation of a spherical planet in a solar system.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe that God created the evolutionary process that not only has changed life forms but also changed our entire universe.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
All Christians agree that God created the universe and everything in it. The only place we differ in how He did that. Some hold to Young Earth Creationism. Others hold to a more deistic position in which God created the world and let it run until it was time for things in the Old Testament to happen. Still others hold some kind of hybrid position. I'm not sure where I fall. Until now I've largely held to the mainstream scientific consensus because I've seen compelling arguments for it. If the Young Earth Creationists can do the same and show flaws in the mainstream scientific worldview and explanations thereof I'll change my position. Heck, I've even considered a bit of a personal experiment to "convince" myself that the Earth is only thousands of years old and was created by God as described in Genesis to see if that changes how I behave, interact with others and live my faith at all as opposed to believing that the Earth is millions of years old and was shaped by the processes espoused to us by science.

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!
All Christians agree that God created the universe and everything in it. The only place we differ in how He did that. Some hold to Young Earth Creationism. Others hold to a more deistic position in which God created the world and let it run until it was time for things in the Old Testament to happen. Still others hold some kind of hybrid position. I'm not sure where I fall. Until now I've largely held to the mainstream scientific consensus because I've seen compelling arguments for it. If the Young Earth Creationists can do the same and show flaws in the mainstream scientific worldview and explanations thereof I'll change my position. Heck, I've even considered a bit of a personal experiment to "convince" myself that the Earth is only thousands of years old and was created by God as described in Genesis to see if that changes how I behave, interact with others and live my faith at all as opposed to believing that the Earth is millions of years old and was shaped by the processes espoused to us by science.

I am a creationist and a Christian. How God did it is irrelevant. I believe in a young earth and I believe there is proof of creation, but it’s WAY over my head.