• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

challenge to Muslims

vskipper

Prove that Islam is the right path & I will take shahadda. (Helpful clue: be aware of ther threads I have started such as 33:50)

My fellow disciples of Jesus aka Christians are welcome to watch but please refrain from major responses.

I eagerly await :cool:

Prove that Islam is the right path & I will take shahadda. (Helpful clue: be aware of ther threads I have started such as 33:50)

My fellow disciples of Jesus aka Christians are welcome to watch but please refrain from major responses.

I eagerly await :cool:

just read the Quran, all the proof is there

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I'm just interested. You said you were Muslim, but left Islam because of 33:50.

Would it be enough to prove that you misunderstood that verse?

This all I have to say that could help those willing to try. I respect people and their freedom of religion so I won't try to prove anything.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I do not see how anybody would leave because of 33:50. Come on, having slave girls would appeal to any sane person for the most part. I would love to have a harem of kawaii nekomimi slave-girls dancing to the rhythm of drums and flutes. So adorable.

Thruve

Sheppard for the Die Hard
I do not see how anybody would leave because of 33:50. Come on, having slave girls would appeal to any sane person for the most part. I would love to have a harem of kawaii nekomimi slave-girls dancing to the rhythm of drums and flutes. So adorable.

lawl >.<

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة

Come on bro. Arabian slave girls in a harem like what the Ottomans had. Who the hell would not want this!
Dressed in scanty silk garments showing off their lovely figures. Dancing around and attending to their "Master". The gold chains would be attach to their necks so they would never leave you and you could give any command they will submissively obey. It is BDSM heaven for god's sake.

...Meow :D

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
For the record, I support this verse! it is a lovely and beautiful verse and I am just more concerned with the treatment of the slave girls if anything. Just because you have another human being as property does not mean you should abuse them. Considering that the Arab lands were tribal and quite barbaric having slaves is beneficial for them.

The verse is fine and let it stay! Nekomimi slave girl harems for the win!

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
For the record, I support this verse! it is a lovely and beautiful verse and I am just more concerned with the treatment of the slave girls if anything. Just because you have another human being as property does not mean you should abuse them. Considering that the Arab lands were tribal and quite barbaric having slaves is beneficial for them.

The verse is fine and let it stay! Nekomimi slave girl harems for the win!

That's a very good point. Arabs of the barrens are indeed mostly barbaric by nature. I see that clearly here in the originally desert areas of the Arabian peninsula. This does not necessarily apply to those of the coast and some of the mountainous ares, but that's another subject. I personally think if it was not for Islam, slaves would have been treated inhumane like they were in previous nations.

The Islamic teachings give slaves rights. Even the equivalent word for Slave in Arabic does not mean slave like the sense of people are slaves of God. Not sure if any other beliefs do give them rights. But either ways, there are things that are flexible in religion and can be changed. I heard slavery is forbidden now and I personally am against it.

vskipper

I'm just interested. You said you were Muslim, but left Islam because of 33:50.

Would it be enough to prove that you misunderstood that verse?

This all I have to say that could help those willing to try. I respect people and their freedom of religion so I won't try to prove anything.

The problem I have with that verse [that most dont seem to get] is not the number of wives but rather that there is one rule for the ummah & one for Muhammad. Under theological concepts I have another thread entitled concept of God where I break it down even further. All I have asked for is scriptural backing of God making such an exception ( seperate rule) for another singular individual.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Point taken :)

Dunno if you this fact; even though God gave the Prophet that special rule, the Prophet still payed the dowry to each and every wife of his. I believe God gave that special permission because He knows well that He gave the Prophet tasks that are so heavy a normal human being cannot take. He probably (my belief) wanted to simplify things for him to not burden him over the original burdens. Even us humans when distribute tasks, we sometimes consider the place each person is in. We give older and weaker people less tasks. It is only humane to do that, I believe.

Just to be clear on the amount of needed dowry; it could be anything useful. A man once complained that he has nothing to give as a dowry, the Prophet told him to teach her what he know of Quran as a dowry.

having that said, I, as a bystander, personally don't see that special rule given to the Prophet a something unfair. To the contrary, I believe the Prophet deserve such a small compensation. It is not like God gave him the permission to not perform prayers or neglect the alms.

Either ways, please don't think that I think bad of you because you left Islam, or for anything else for the matter. I still respect you as a human being as I respect any one by default :)

vskipper

The issue is one of logic. God is supposed to not be like creation as taught by the Quran in surah al inklas but if he made an exception for Muhammad & not others in the past that shows a change in the nature of God making him like creation.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It doesn't concern me whether you will become a Muslim or not because it's up to you. That's why while i can engage in any discussion about the verse, i won't be able to convince you to embrace Islam. Moreover, those who embrace Islam are guided and saved by God. So they can't become Muslims out of the blue. Only when God feel that they are sincere then they will be guided.

I have an objection first with your flawed concept that Prophets are like non-Prophets, and the other objection i have is about how you view the verse.

So when it comes to the first objection, let me ask you this. Were the previous believers having the same privileges as their Prophet like David, Solomon, Moses, Jesus, etc? let's go with this first then we come back to the verse.

vskipper

While they might not have had the same spiritual gifts they were held to the same law. Same rules hence my point

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
While they might not have had the same spiritual gifts they were held to the same law. Same rules hence my point
It has always stuck me as being a rather convenient double-standard.

Similarly, the "no compulsion in religion" thingy, and yet, Muhammad was most certainly compelled by Gabriel to "read/recite". Just sayin...

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I don't see a reason for worrying about such little things to make someone leave a whole religion. A religion telling to not worship creations and only worship the creator, is left because the Creator made an exception for a human being? I don't see how God descended himself to the level of man with that exception anyways. God knows humans very well as they are his creation. If he chooses to bring any attribute to Himself, he has the full right to do it. We see fathers come low and apologize to their children if they do something wrong some times. If father become so kind to do that, God is even much kinder to do what he sees fit even if it was so.

Even so, what you believe the human nature that God had, is an exception, a word you used on yourself too. It is not the norm or the actual nature of God.

Anyways, please don't take this in a bad way. I'm not trying to push anything on you. I respect your choice :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I see your point, but you do realize that Allah made new laws with the introduction of Islam through Prophet Mohamed, right? we can't say that Moses law and Mohamed law are the same. If that's the case then we can't compare between Islamic laws and the laws of the previous scriptures.

outhouse

Atheistically

The book contains pseudo history, and pseudo prophets.

It FACTUALLY is not historically accurate. It is known by all credible historians everywhere as plagiarized.

Not one word has ever been used by a credible historian for Israelite or Christian history.

Not one historian in the world uses the book for any aspect of history regarding Israelites or Christians, you need to ask yourself why ?

outhouse

Atheistically
I see your point, but you do realize that Allah made new laws with the introduction of Islam through Prophet Mohamed, right?

You don't think that could be considered as plagiarized perversion of old laws?

You call him a prophet, what evidence do you have to substantiate that claim?